THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Terrain from the Bloody Claw

Go down 
+8
Count Adhemar
Siticus the Ancient
Mt252368
Evil Space Elves
Saintspirit
Cavash
soulthirster8
Nappen
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

Terrain from the Bloody Claw Empty
PostSubject: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30 2012, 02:39

Just a quick fountain
Terrain from the Bloody Claw Final9
Terrain from the Bloody Claw Finaltop2
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2012, 11:42

My interpretation of the aftermath of a real space raid on our weaker brethren, who futily wail at the now empty gate through which their friends will not return.
Terrain from the Bloody Claw Final8Terrain from the Bloody Claw Final7Terrain from the Bloody Claw Final10Terrain from the Bloody Claw Finalwater2
Back to top Go down
soulthirster8
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2012, 10:29

You captured the hopeless and empty feeling of it perfectly with the shallow graves and bleak ground.
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2012, 12:08

Thanks, I am currently in the middle of a couple of other projects, but trying to balance with painting my army which is only about a third done. I am working a set of modular hills based on a trip through the badlands this summer. The first small one is done but have a lot more to go Very Happy Terrain from the Bloody Claw Modhills11testrevision2
Back to top Go down
soulthirster8
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2012, 13:00

Are you going to make any DE themed terrain any time soon?
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2012, 13:03

That empty gate is purely wonderful. Did you take inspiration from Path of the Renegade for that, because the blast in the midle looks like it could have been caused by a Plasma Grenade.

Very cool work, Nappen.
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2012, 13:54

The graveyard is the results of a DE raid on an eldar world. And when I think about it, there prob was some path of the renegade floating in my head when I though of it. I didn't think of the plasma grenade, was thinking more about the transformation of a peaceful and hopeful place to the site of dispare and carange after the raid. the pool was a reflecting pool that the eldar would come and sit and meditate prior to the raid.

As for other DE inspired terrain I am working on a blended DE/arthurian legend peice, but am have problems with the water effect-can't find the hole it keeps seeping out of. Very frustrating. I am trying to get these hills done so I can move on to other more DE specific terrain. Currently though, the hill set is on my board being used.
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08 2012, 16:45

Here is a little more DE inspired (sort of) terrain. It is for the group build competition over on miniwargaming.com. The theme was "ancient artifact" so I went with the DE version of the lady in the lake:) We had until the 10th to get it done, so finished with two days to spare cheers

Terrain from the Bloody Claw Complete12yesTerrain from the Bloody Claw Complete4withreflectionTerrain from the Bloody Claw Complete9yesTerrain from the Bloody Claw Artifact5-yes
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08 2012, 16:52

I like that last one in particular. Really well done, and it also holds a quite enigmatic feeling.
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08 2012, 18:30

Thanks, it is the first time I have tried any king of OSL effect. I think my favorite is the reflection of the arm in the water in pic number 2.
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03 2012, 15:45

Just a halloween themed piece while I am working on plans for a DE inspired board.

Terrain from the Bloody Claw Submission1
Terrain from the Bloody Claw Submission2
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03 2012, 16:35

I am very interested in how you achieved the color effect on the clear "gate" part. I see the airbrushing effect where it is attached, but am really into the psychedelic effect Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03 2012, 20:57

I mixed up thin paint/glaze medium and did thin and thick washes. You should see the mess of a CD case that has all the testing on it.
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26 2013, 02:46

Here is a lava river game board and terrain I put together this month. It matches the bases for my Army (last pic).

Lots of pics to follow

Sorry for the poor lighting. It is in the garage and it is dark and snowing so I did the best I could. Our playing table has an ongoing game on it, so couldn't put it there yet Sad

Here it is finished with nothing on it.
Terrain from the Bloody Claw IMG_0708_zps4a229aadTerrain from the Bloody Claw IMG_0710_zps59b7b199

Now with the terrain I made from scraps
First with the volcano facing one way and then with the other.
Terrain from the Bloody Claw IMG_0716_zpsbaa789e8Terrain from the Bloody Claw IMG_0735_zps501cd133

Then just lots of shots with the terrain

Terrain from the Bloody Claw IMG_0739_zps655c5d0c

Terrain from the Bloody Claw IMG_0740_zps60bed86c

The corner board with the volcano should be turned 90 degrees, that is why is looks a little funny Smile Still good enough to play with in either configuration, just doesn't match the seam as well.

Terrain from the Bloody Claw IMG_0741_zps38267062

cluster of small volcanoes Smile

Terrain from the Bloody Claw IMG_0738_zpsabd52aa9

Just another view

Terrain from the Bloody Claw IMG_0742_zps22764ac1

Terrain from the Bloody Claw IMG_0736_zps71af0fd5

Just pictures of the bridge

Terrain from the Bloody Claw IMG_0737_zps3eb40553

Terrain from the Bloody Claw IMG_0743_zps8852eaf7

Terrain from the Bloody Claw IMG_0744_zps67c605e8

Can't wait to get these guys running across the board:)
Terrain from the Bloody Claw Khymereacomplete
Back to top Go down
Mt252368
Hellion
Mt252368

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26 2013, 03:00

Looks really good!

I literally looked at my computer and said "wow."
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26 2013, 12:03

Thanks, it cost about 50 bucks for all the materials and I still have a couple of feet of board and foam for terrain left over Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26 2013, 19:23

Wow, that's a fantastic board! The lava is really well done, and I really dig the glow on the bridge. This board definitely looks like a blast (quite literally!) to play on.
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26 2013, 21:24

Got it into the house and on my table. I like it with my DE paint scheme.

Terrain from the Bloody Claw IMG_0747_zpsf5725a48Terrain from the Bloody Claw IMG_0750_zps885924e5Terrain from the Bloody Claw IMG_0751_zpsa2d0b8b9Terrain from the Bloody Claw IMG_0754_zps70c3004e
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26 2013, 23:12

That board is amazing! Any chance of a tutorial on how you did it?
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27 2013, 02:53

I took video and pics as I went along. Will probably take a couple of weeks to put it together though.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27 2013, 08:57

I absolutely love a good terrain project, and this is a beautiful board you have made Nappen. I have long been toying with the idea of doing a similar one, perhaps this will be the inspiration to get my butt into gear. I am undecided, however, between firey lava or a frozen ice world.

Pics and video would be fantastic, I would like to see how you mounted it. A couple of questions for you:

1) are the pieces interchangeable? Did you design the lava channels to connect with multiple squares?

and 2) are you planning further LOS-blocking terrain, or is this what you usually play with? I always prefer more.

Thanks for sharing this with us, great job!

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27 2013, 11:51

some can be changed. Two of them have no joining sides. Others can be turned to face outward in a couple of combinations. Though only a couple of the channels can be mixed and that will force others to face off the board. The problem for me was everything I designed that could be more interchangable began to look to regular and planned, so tried to make a happy medium.

I am planning on more terrain for this. I have about 2 feet of foam and hardboard left over. I will likely make a couple of things that fit the mountian spot and them some taller stuff. I was trying to get this done for a campaign that starts next week. Took about three and a half weeks to get it done, but all other projects got put on hold Smile
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23 2013, 17:04

I have not forgotten the tutorial. Just been overwhelmed with other life projects. Hope to get it up this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24 2013, 02:29

tutorial/project log posted at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKatKrxd7EE
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24 2013, 09:31

Fantastic tutorial Nappen, thank you very much for posting it here. You covered everything from start to finish, with the right amount of detail on each step, and your observations and the tips you learned along the way will be a great help to anyone using it.

Again, this is a terrific project and I am sure that you will get a huge amount of satisfaction from it, and you and your son a lot of fun out using it.

Cheers.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terrain from the Bloody Claw
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next