THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Terrain from the Bloody Claw

Go down 
+8
Count Adhemar
Siticus the Ancient
Mt252368
Evil Space Elves
Saintspirit
Cavash
soulthirster8
Nappen
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24 2013, 12:43

Thanks, we used it last weekend in a campaign, between that for a daemon world and our canyon mat and hills for a desert we were able to really bring the games to life within the narrative of the campaign. Never thought that terrain made so big a difference Smile
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27 2013, 23:41

The latest addition to the lava board. The fluff is: lost on a lava world is a dark eldar shrine, tended by the harlequins in ode to the acient succubus only known as "the beautiful death."

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Front2 Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Lavaspout3Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Front6
Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Back3 Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Right2 Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Side2 Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Top2 Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Lavaspout1 Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 OSLTerrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Front6
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 03:35

Very nice board, I've decided to make an Alien Themed Board which will have about a dozen different areas where Alien Plants are, I am also debating on maybe an acid pool on the map. Idk yet, but your board is very good.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 08:59

Amazing job with the fountain! That looks awesome.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 12:22

That's a very... hot fountain! Really great work with the lava and OSL around it, it looks absolutely fantastic!

Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09 2013, 15:04

Has been a long time. Just did this addition to the lava board. Will go through and look and see what else I have to post. This one is a bloody altar where my Haeme does some nasty deeds.
Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Finished2-2
Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Finished9Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Finished8
Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Finished2-1Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Finished1 Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Finished6Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Finished2Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Finished3Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Finished7Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Finished10
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10 2013, 08:18

May I ask how you got the blood effect in the little well.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10 2013, 09:07

A very cool update, the blood well looks incredibly sinister! Very well done, that table must be a joy to play on!

Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10 2013, 12:42

I do love the table. It may be time for an army pic, am about 2/3s done with that.

The blood is "quick water" I picked up at the local michals, hobby lobby or something. It is the stuff you use for fake water in plant arranging. Once mixed I added some baal red wash and a touch of bloodletter glaze.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10 2013, 15:49

oh, thank you. Now I think I might use some to make blood pools for my coven.

and How fast does it dry? because I might be able to use some dripping from their mouths. Twisted Evil

You should do a battle report on the table as well, it would really stand out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11 2013, 03:39

Generally takes a day or two to totally dry. It would likely run and disappear if your tried to use it as a paint.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11 2013, 04:11

alright, thank you, I'll just use it for blood pools then, that's nice to know before I ruin a Ghoul Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28 2013, 22:04

Started a new project for the MWG monthly group build. Mine is a Dark Eldar Arena, inspired by a shot in Shadow of the Colossus. Not sure I will get it finished in the next two days, but I will try.

The areana cut out
Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 IMG_0697

Now with the ramp built and glued to it. And with a couple of jump pack wearing marines for scale...and meeting their future home...

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 IMG_0700Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 IMG_0701

And with some damage and "blocks" carved in.
Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 IMG_0704

Here it is primed
Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 IMG_0713
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28 2013, 23:09

I am always excited by the idea of an arena sculpt. Your's is far more reasonable as a piece of terrain than anything I've come up with, I like it!

Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28 2013, 23:28

I think I will make the sand black sand to go with the lava board. And when, one day, I actually make a Dark Eldar Board, it will likely be a black sand based one as well.
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29 2013, 20:20

Arena complete

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 IMG_2256Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 IMG_2257Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 IMG_2258Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 IMG_2259Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 IMG_2260

And the arean in use, with the DE looking on...

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 IMG_2261[/url]" />

Last edited by Nappen on Mon Dec 02 2013, 03:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01 2013, 22:30

Very nice terrain. I'm glad to have found a nice lava bored. I think this is all very good work. I really like the fountain and the arena.

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02 2013, 03:22

Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26 2014, 01:39

Okay, so not really DE terrain, but I did this for the monthly group build over at miniwargaming.com. This is a cut and paste of my completion post there.... It is a modular trench board. There are some various configurations at the bottom Smile

So, I finally finished up! I had a really hard time getting the light right, so just moved it into the kitchen and took some pictures. Could not take shots of all the little details, but even so, get ready for a massive picture dump. The vast majority are taken with the bunker in, but if I decide that the fluff of the game doesn’t warrant the bunker or I put it in a configuration where it doesn’t make sense, I have the flat piece to replace it. I tried to put little details around, like bits of ammo, skulls etc. It is a hard balance between not enough and too much 

General Shots and a few of the details.

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 TrenchBoardFinished4

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 TrenchBoardFinished1

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 TrenchBoardFinished2
(here is one with the flat in)
Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 TrenchBoardFinished9

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 TrenchBoardFinished8

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 TrenchBoardFinished5

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 TrenchBoardFinished6

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Craterwithwater

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Thegermanswerehere

The Cliff Walls

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 TrenchBoardFinished14

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 TrenchBoardFinished13

The Tunnels

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 TrenchBoardFinished12

(this is the flat peice where the bunker can go)
Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 TrenchBoardFinished10

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 TrenchBoardFinished15

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 TrenchBoardFinished16

With Models for scale...well, it is 6' X 4'

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 TrenchBoardFinished19

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 TrenchBoardFinished20

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 TrenchBoardFinished22

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 TrenchBoardFinished23

(I forgot to close the lid all the way here...you can see the peg on the near left I put in to hold it in place. The foam warped a little after painting)
Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 TrenchBoardFinished24

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 TrenchBoardFinished28

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 TrenchBoardFinished25

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 TrenchBoardFinished26

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 TrenchBoardFinished27

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 TrenchBoardFinished29

With some additional terrain-one of the reasons to leave it flat...but stackability is the main reason Wink

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 TrenchBoardFinished30

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 TrenchBoardFinished31

It is modular, so here are some alternate configurations. I was in a hurry, so did not match them up as much as I should have and only did a few. The tunnels are all the same distance from the sides, so all match up no matter what order or orientation you place them in. If you don’t worry about the tunnels much, then there are even more ways to put it together.

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Alternate1

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Alternate2

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Alternate3

(I actually really like this one because the trench in the mic-front left actually dumps into the evelvator shaft area-I can make some cool house rules with these configurations)
Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Alternate4

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Alternate5

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Alternate6

Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 Alternate7
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26 2014, 14:48

I love it! It looks excellent and appears quite functional.
I would like to make one suggestion if I might, and it is that you make up a few simple make-shift bridges that can be placed over the trenches. Not really an issue for skimmers, but certain Rhino-heavy armies might have a hard time with moving over those trenches (which technically speaking would be impassible, or at the very least Dangerous Terrain).
Otherwise, an excellent table!

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26 2014, 15:48

Good call. I have a bunch of bridges, and just didn't think to put them out. Embarassed 

What might be cool to is to take some of the left over corrugated card stock and cut them to look like they were just thrown down.

Other option would be to house rule that crossing was difficult but not dangerous as many trenches were made to allow tanks to roll over so infantry could pop up behind and attack the infantry following. Of course, those were smaller, hidden trenches and not ones like this.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26 2014, 16:01

I'd put things out personally. Don;t forget that for non-skimming vehicles, there is no such thing as difficult terrain, only dangerous terrain.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrain from the Bloody Claw   Terrain from the Bloody Claw - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terrain from the Bloody Claw
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2