THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects

Go down 
+2
Evil Space Elves
Gobsmakked
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects Empty
PostSubject: The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects   The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2012, 20:27

Well, September was a successful month in terms of painting vows, so what about October then?

Sign up denizens, thy name will be immortalised in the annals of Commorragh! Make a vow about what you are going to build/paint/convert during the month of October, and then show us your progress by the end of the month with a picture.

And as much as we trust the word of anyone here in Commorragh Very Happy , a picture or a link to a pic here in this thread or it didn't happen!

Challenge yourself, a friend or another haemie. This is a great way to motivate yourself and others, or to just humiliate yourself a bit more publicly ....... and at the end, you will have a new, tabletop-ready piece or unit ready for when the rest of our independent characters get released next month ......... in December .....no, wait ........ 2013(?)

Denizens and their vows for the month of October (completed in purple):

Gobsmakked - convert and paint 1 Haemonuculus Ancient, assemble and paint 1 Clawed Fiend. Finish painting and basing two squads of 7 Reavers, build and paint a Ravager.

Evil Space Elves - finish 1 Haemonculus, 1 year-old Ravager, 1 9 month-old Venom, and a random thing or two - maybe a Hekatrix, Arena Champion, Incubi test piece, ..... ? convert and paint 5-man Corsair squad in a Venom, 5-man Corsair squad with jet packs, 5-man Corsair squad with jet packs, and a Corsair Prince.

Count Adhemar - 1 unit of Wyches, 1 Venom and 1 unit of Warriors.

Deyfluff - 1 Warrior squad, 5 Scourges, and 1 Venom.

Siticus the Ancient - 5 CWE Pathfinders and 4 Reaver jetbikes.

Foo - a handful of Wyches/Kabalites.

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Fri Nov 02 2012, 16:17; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects   The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02 2012, 14:18

Going to be a busier RL month for me (and I'm totally burnt from last month's painting pace)
Speaking of finishing a project or two...

Finish
-last month's Haemonculus Mad
-A Ravager that I started a year ago Mad
-a Venom that I started 9 months ago Mad
-a random thing or two to be determined later: an odd Hekatrix, Arena Champion, Incubi test piece? Maybe some CSM test pieces? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
I might add more, but hopefully I will keep it light this month to avoid burnout Razz

Last change(I promise) : Corsairs! all to be converted and [ainted
-5 man Corsair squad in a Venom
-5 man Corsair squad with jet packs
-Corsair Prince

Last edited by Evil Space Elves on Mon Oct 08 2012, 06:30; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects   The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02 2012, 15:06

Hoping to build on my Troop choices this month so another unit of Wyches, another Venom and a unit of Warriors.

EDIT - Probably not going to get any Wyches done this month but hoping to do all my extra warriors to give me a choice of weaponry. This should be 3 Splinter Cannon, 2 Dark Lances, 4 Blasters and 6 Spilnter Rifles.

Last edited by Count Adhemar on Thu Oct 04 2012, 09:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Deyfluff
Kabalite Warrior
Deyfluff

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects   The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02 2012, 23:22

-Finish unit of warriors
-unit of 5 scourges
- venom
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects   The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03 2012, 06:56

Gonna paint five Eldar Pathfinders and four Reaver Jetbikes.
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects   The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15 2012, 20:09

I'm a bit late to make a vow, but unexpectedly, I am repainting some of my earlier troops. These were the Wyches and Kabs I got when I first started playing in November of 2010, basically.

Hopefully, I'll get through about five of them by end of month.

Vow: a handful of Wyches/Kabalites.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects   The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23 2012, 05:32

Good God I'm getting nothing done this month! Update on my Corsair models:
Finally figured out how I wanted to base my jetpack troops:
The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects 2012-10-22_21-22-45_139
First five Corsair Venom riders almost done:
The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects 2012-10-22_21-24-08_340

Still trying to nail down my squad markings and Corsair symbol. They will be in white...when I get around to that. Hoping to have these 5 jetpackers done for league night Thursday.
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects   The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24 2012, 14:10

Setbacks galore. I just had to repair the arm and a foot on one Wych in the same night! I still managed to get some eyes and skin painted on a few Wych heads, though.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects   The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24 2012, 19:50

Wussing out on my Haemonculus Ancient and adding in a new Ravager and two squads of 7 Reavers I have been working on for a tournie this weekend - will be touch and go. The Reavers were actually one of my first DE purchases, many moons ago Embarassed

Edit - finished the two squads of Reavers and a new Ravager and Raider, pics will follow at some point. The two vehicles are not 100% done, but they all helped contribute to a pretty good painting score in yesterday's tournie, which in turn helped me get my best ever overall finish - sixth, yay! cheers
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects   The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31 2012, 03:14

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Going to be a busier RL month for me (and I'm totally burnt from last month's painting pace)
Speaking of finishing a project or two...

Finish
-last month's Haemonculus Mad
-A Ravager that I started a year ago Mad
-a Venom that I started 9 months ago Mad
-a random thing or two to be determined later: an odd Hekatrix, Arena Champion, Incubi test piece? Maybe some CSM test pieces? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
I might add more, but hopefully I will keep it light this month to avoid burnout Razz

Last change(I promise) : Corsairs! all to be converted and [ainted
-5 man Corsair squad in a Venom
-Corsair Prince

This is not going well Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects   The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31 2012, 17:12

Clawed Fiend done last night and I am very happy with how he turned out. Can colour myself purple, yay!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects   The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31 2012, 19:05

Count Adhemar wrote:
Hoping to build on my Troop choices this month so another unit of Wyches, another Venom and a unit of Warriors.

EDIT - Probably not going to get any Wyches done this month but hoping to do all my extra warriors to give me a choice of weaponry. This should be 3 Splinter Cannon, 2 Dark Lances, 4 Blasters and 6 Spilnter Rifles.

Okay, warriors all done and dusted (pics to follow shortly). I actually did 8 rifles, 2 cannon, 2 lances and 4 blasters so 1 more than I was planning and now have enough for 2 x 10 man with heavy and special or 1 x 20 man with 2 heavy and 1 special plus 2 unist of Trueborn with 3 Blasters.

Venom is a WIP but there is a vague possibility I might get it finished tonight if the wife goes to bed early and the nipper doesn't wake up too often. Fingers crossed!!

EDIT - Nearly managed the Venom last night. Just needed to finish off the skulls and decorations around the hand rails and glue all the bits together but it was 12.50am so I eventually had to condede defeat.

Last edited by Count Adhemar on Thu Nov 01 2012, 09:06; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects   The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01 2012, 08:57

Finished the five rangers. No dice for Reavers, though.

The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects IMG_6835
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects   The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01 2012, 16:09

Some pics

Splinter Rifles
The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects P1000354

Blasters
The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects P1000357

Splinter Cannon
The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects P1000360

Dark Lances
The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects P1000365

The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects P1000366

Last edited by Count Adhemar on Thu Nov 01 2012, 19:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects   The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01 2012, 18:04

Siticus the Ancient wrote:
Finished the five rangers. No dice for Reavers, though.
Kudos on the white. I've got Space Marines I've been painting white and it's literally the worst.

As for myself, I sat down to try and finish off some more Wyches last night and had to run out and help a friend out instead. Defeated by my vow this month, I nevertheless managed to strip a whole squad of Kabs and Wyches each and paint up three or four of them (and some heads). I will add pics later.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects   The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01 2012, 20:03

I'll post pics later when I go to league night, but it did not go well this month with work and all Mad
EDIT:
The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects Darth-vader-epic-fail
Next month can only go better Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects   The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Monthly Vow - October - the perfect time to finish a few half-done projects
Page 1 of 1