THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Long-time fan, new player.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Raucir Lustingclaw
Kabalite Warrior
Raucir Lustingclaw

Long-time fan, new player. Empty
PostSubject: Long-time fan, new player.   Long-time fan, new player. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 16:14

I love Dark Eldar. I've always thought that the best kind of elves are the really nasty ones. Arrogant, malicious, sadistics elves with more cunning and creative cruelty in their little finger than the entire Spanish Inquisition. Like the ones Pratchett writes. So when I picked up a copy of White Dwarf many years ago and read about the Dark Eldar, essentially elves in space, I was intrigued.

When I got into the Warhammer hobby just under a year ago, I wanted to start up a Dark Eldar army. Sure they were the most difficult army to play by most standards, but they just looked like so much fun! Speed, poison, guns, horrible weaponry and vehicles that look like giant flying knives! What's not to love? Then I spoke to a whole bunch of gamers who were firmly of the belief that the inhabitants of the Dark City would never get a new codex and were in fact going to be phased out.

So I started Space Marines.

Lo and behold, not a year later, the Dark Eldar get a brand spanking new codex, some gorgeous models (was anyone else's reaction to the new Ravager the same as mine? A sort of semi-glazed look in the eyes and a low murmur of, "Hello, lovely...") and a much needed resurrection! So now I'm looking to get myself a proper army started and what better way to seek inspiration than by becoming a denizen of Commorragh myself?

Anyway, that's enough blather from me, I've a new set of forums to stalk!

Thanks for your time,

Raucir

In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Long-time fan, new player.   Long-time fan, new player. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 00:06

Welcome to the community. We kind of followed the same path getting into 40k. Except I went Chaos.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Long-time fan, new player.   Long-time fan, new player. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 01:22

Welcome to Commorragh....

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Twisted Evil

Love the sig

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long-time fan, new player.   Long-time fan, new player. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long-time fan, new player.
Page 1 of 1