THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Long time no see...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Long time no see... Empty
PostSubject: Long time no see...   Long time no see... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30 2023, 17:47

Hey guys!!

Dang, I was gone for a few months and what happened? The whole forum was gone.
Well, moved, at least. And hard to find...

Anyways, glad to be back. cheers
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Long time no see...   Long time no see... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30 2023, 20:53

Unfortunately, it's not very lively in here. Lots of people seemed to be put off by the 10th ed DE index.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Long time no see...   Long time no see... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30 2023, 21:39

Ah, the index isnt that bad. Ok, it plays very, well, veeery different from 9th, but its not as bad as 7th.
I always liked my Kabalites, so maybe its just me. But lots of spikey, poisonous hardcore SM elves in floating boats?
It just rocks.

Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Long time no see...   Long time no see... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 31 2023, 16:06

Personally, I think that all splinter weapons should have 1 higher S (S3 for rifles/pistols/etc, S4 for cannons), so that they can at least wound bikes on a 5+. anti-infantry 3+ is not bad, but wounding things like bikes on 6s sucks.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Long time no see...   Long time no see... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 31 2023, 16:19

That leaves our Shredders for them. Are Bikes that common nowadays?

Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Long time no see...   Long time no see... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01 2023, 16:04

Zenotaph wrote:
That leaves our Shredders for them. Are Bikes that common nowadays?

I'm not sure. So far, I've only played in a 10th edition narrative league. I played Ynarri, and used a unit of shroudrunners and a unit of windriders (with a warlock attached). I did play against an ork army that used a squad of bikes. I suspect that at least some armies use them for board control.

I just think that it is stupid that splinter weapons need 6s to wound mounted infantry, and it's not like increasing their puny S by 1 will affect their ability to hurt infantry, or improve their chances against vehicles. or monsters (which they *used* to be able to wound on 4+).

Keep in mind that, at the moment, DE are apparently dead last in the competitive meta. So changes like this aren't too much to ask for. Frankly, we need more. Incubi need their old S back. Wyches need a bit more offensive power.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long time no see...   Long time no see... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long time no see...
Page 1 of 1