THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

new to the Dark Eldar, previous Eldar player

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

new to the Dark Eldar, previous Eldar player Empty
PostSubject: new to the Dark Eldar, previous Eldar player   new to the Dark Eldar, previous Eldar player I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09 2012, 22:43

Ok so heres what i got. like i said, new to Dark Eldar. I bought most of these cuz i didnt know what to get, and becuz they are just amazing looking models.

HQ
archon
lhamaean X 1
lelith
haemonculus X 2
succubus
urien rakarth

ELITES
incubi X 5
grotesques X 3
wracks X 5
harlequins X 8 (all the good stuff)
kabalite warriors X 20
wyches X 20

FAST ATTACK
hellions X 5
scourges X 10
reavers X 6

DEDICATED TRANS
raider X 3
venom X 2

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager X 1
talos/ cronos X 2 (havent built them yet)
razorwing X 1

Sold my old Eldar army to buy this one. still have Eldrad (couldn't get rid of him) and obviously the harlequins leftover. I will also be getting a unit of Rangers as these were one of my favorites from Eldar.

I think the units in this army are just amazing looking, so obviously to be competitive im sure ill have to spam something. However, if i have enough here to play competitively please give me a good list. looking for 1500-2000. Also, a good 1000 point list. Anyone who helps i thank you. I know I'm asking a lot but I'm on deployment and look to play some tourneys when i get back. I know some units obviously look good on paper, and they never turn out that way. I usually have to play a unit to really get a good idea how to use them. Thank you denizens!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.twinlinkedgaming.com
Maugarath D'harq
Hellion
Maugarath D'harq

PostSubject: Re: new to the Dark Eldar, previous Eldar player   new to the Dark Eldar, previous Eldar player I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 02:48

This has the makings of a good army list. With Dark Eldar there is some temptation to play the like Eldar. The important thing about DE armies though is redundancy. Fact is, ~ 50% of your army is going to bite the dust very quickly, so you want to make sure that whichever unit buys it you have AT LEAST one other still alive to do the same job.

The stuff you need is anti-tank, anti-light infantry and anti-heavy infantry that means AT LEAST 2 from each of the following:
anti-tank: ravager (darklances), scourges, reavers, talos, trueborn (small squads with darklances). IMHO the ravager is essential (I take 2), and reavers < scourges (1/3 has heavy weapon vs 2/5 for scourges). trueborn are a last resort.
Anti-light infantry: Warriors, wyches, wracks, grotesques, chronos, reavers or scourges. you're kind of spoilt for choice.
Anti-heavy infantry: INCUBI! Razorwing jetfighter, harlequins, talos, maybe chronos.

Archon with huskblade, soul trap, combat drugs and shadowfield

5 Incubi
Venom

5 Warriors
Venom

10 Wyches
Raider

9 Wyches (they go with the archon)
Raider

10 Warriors or Wyches (whichever works best)
Raider

Razorwing jetfighter (disintigrators & flickerfield)

Ravager (3 Dark Lances)

sprinkle with whatever else you've got to taste, but that's a pretty solid core.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: new to the Dark Eldar, previous Eldar player   new to the Dark Eldar, previous Eldar player I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 06:30

I would use the following of what you got.

Heamonculus w/ Shattershard 65pts
Archon w/Shadowfield, Huskblade and Soultrap

5x Incubi in Raider w/Night shields

5x Warriors w/blaster in Venom w/dual Splinter cannon
5x Warriors w/blaster in Venom w/dual Splinter cannon
5x Warriors w/blaster in Raider
7x Wyches w/Haywire Granades in Raider w/Night shields

5x Scourges w/2x Haywire blasters

Ravanger
Razorwing

And then I'd buy the following;
2-3 more venoms
1 more ravanger

and I'd run another ravanger (fill the heavy support)
and I'd run 3 or 4 truborns with blasters in venom for elite, one or two groups.
Also id run a few more 5x warriors with blasters in venom. I put one of the warriors groups in raider to utilise the stuff you got now.
Also I know alot of people like Reavers and run 3x reavers w/ heatlance. And yes they can be good, but I havnt really got them to pull of the cost yet.

But again it all depends if you want to play fun or competitive
Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: new to the Dark Eldar, previous Eldar player   new to the Dark Eldar, previous Eldar player I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 07:22

thank you guys for the input. Should i not bring webway gates? the plan i had was to give all the vehicles retrojets, in conjunction with a webway gate. i gave the webway with the archon. so in essence it would be a blood angels style force. kinda sorta. please let me know if im waay off. Thank you guys really, this is close to how i had pictured it.
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: new to the Dark Eldar, previous Eldar player   new to the Dark Eldar, previous Eldar player I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 08:20

If you want to deepstrike just use the archon as the duke since he gives deepstriking out for free. Smile
If you are using the wwp use the talos and cronos coming out of it since they can take a hit the fist turn and dish it back out with their flamers.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: new to the Dark Eldar, previous Eldar player   new to the Dark Eldar, previous Eldar player I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 08:37

I dont see a reason to deep strike with DE.
And webway really sucks as you have to put it down T1 so you dont have to come out at table edge in T2.

We are a fast team, and fragile team that needs to strike hard and fast, DS,reseves and WWP hurt us more than they do good really...

Remember blood angels are a resilliant team, we are not, playing like them will most likely have you die...
WWP was good back in the old days
Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: new to the Dark Eldar, previous Eldar player   new to the Dark Eldar, previous Eldar player I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 14:28

so wracks and pain engines are just show pieces? Dark Eldar im assuming is mainly a spam army? well..... at least the wracks look cool LOL
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: new to the Dark Eldar, previous Eldar player   new to the Dark Eldar, previous Eldar player I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 19:39

Wracks and pain engines can be used in certine ways. But I have never played them much, are starting a army with them, but I cant see them beeing very competitve for now. But they are good, but not compared to Ravanger.

Its really up to you what you want, and how to play.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: new to the Dark Eldar, previous Eldar player   new to the Dark Eldar, previous Eldar player I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 20:29

doomseer11b wrote:
so wracks and pain engines are just show pieces? Dark Eldar im assuming is mainly a spam army? well..... at least the wracks look cool LOL

Both are great units if used properly. Wracks are tough by eldar standard and come with liquifiers which are fantastic weapons. Taloi are fantastic (probably the most cost effective MC in the game, he is just so cheap) but competes with ravagers, this can be problematic if you don't have AT covered by other parts of your army. That being said it got a nice boost in 6th (smash attacks, hammer of wrath, fear 25% cover, area terrain and FNP). It's great at dictating your opponents movement and is a fantastic area denial unit. Similar to a wraithlord but a lot more killy.

Hope that helps. Smile

Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: new to the Dark Eldar, previous Eldar player   new to the Dark Eldar, previous Eldar player I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11 2012, 06:34

Mushkilla wrote:
doomseer11b wrote:

Taloi are fantastic ... but competes with ravagers

Spot on.

Thats the problem for alot of our stuff, its good, but not as good as some other that are just superior to that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new to the Dark Eldar, previous Eldar player   new to the Dark Eldar, previous Eldar player I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new to the Dark Eldar, previous Eldar player
Page 1 of 1