THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First stab at 1000pt well rounded list

Go down 
+2
Bibitybopitybacon
Roayl3wihCheez
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Roayl3wihCheez
Slave
Roayl3wihCheez

First stab at 1000pt well rounded list Empty
PostSubject: First stab at 1000pt well rounded list   First stab at 1000pt well rounded list I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 18:35

Ok guys this is my first shot at any kind of a Dark eldar list so some CC is most definitely welcome. Just looking for a solid starting point, something to shoot for. Also will mainly be playing against IG, 'Nids and Chaos marines. Thanks in adavance for the help guys!

HQ

Archon- Drugs, shadow field, huskblade, soul trap, blast pistol--160

Elites

4x Incubi- Venom, Nightshield, Splinter cannon-163

Troops

10x Kabalite warriors- 2x splinter cannons, Raider, splinter racks, flickerfield, dark lance-190

9(10x) Wyches- Hekatrix PGL, venom blade, 2x Razorflails, Raider, Flickerfield, dark lance-215

Fast Attack

6x Reavers-2x heat lances-156

Heavy Support

Ravager- 3x dark lance, flickerfield-115

Total
999 pts
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: First stab at 1000pt well rounded list   First stab at 1000pt well rounded list I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 19:04

You can only have one cannon on a unit of ten warriors. Try putting a pgl. On the archon.
looks good you should give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: First stab at 1000pt well rounded list   First stab at 1000pt well rounded list I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 19:13

Bibity cover the one point, a PGL on the Archon will go along way for those Incubi
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: First stab at 1000pt well rounded list   First stab at 1000pt well rounded list I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 22:02

I'd change flickerfields on your raiders to nightshields. You can get a 5+ jink save for moving even just a fraction of an inch. Even if you get up close NS can be important as it affects melta and rapid fire range as well. I personally don't feel a need for razorflails on wyches, the points are in most cases better spent on additional wyches. seeing that your squad is maxed already makes me want to put the points somewhere else - the PGL for your Archon comes to mind. I also don't think the Blast Pistol is necessary, you'll only ever shoot it once if at all really, but as you can't do much else with the points keep it for now. Just something to consider once you expand the list.
Back to top Go down
Roayl3wihCheez
Slave
Roayl3wihCheez

PostSubject: Re: First stab at 1000pt well rounded list   First stab at 1000pt well rounded list I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 23:55

Dropped that cannon on the warriors and pistol on archon and gave him the PGL. Thanks for the input guys!

Total is still 999
Back to top Go down
bleum937
Slave

PostSubject: Re: First stab at 1000pt well rounded list   First stab at 1000pt well rounded list I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11 2012, 01:52

As Roayl3wihCheez mentioned, night shields are your friend- I would definitely put them on your ravvie as well. Sitting it at maximum range (premeasuring) with night shields can help you avoid plenty of return fire- eg heavy bolters, psycannons, assault cannons, plasma- all can take down ravvies if they get their shots in. Prioritise night shields over flickerfields as all our vehicles get jink anyway.

You might also consider dropping the flails on the wyches in favour of haywire grenades. This will (slightly) decrease their anti-infantry effectiveness, but makes them very threatening against vehicles. That will depend on your playstyle though. Smile

Happy hunting!
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: First stab at 1000pt well rounded list   First stab at 1000pt well rounded list I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12 2012, 10:32

wait? there are no nades on the wyches? I totally overlooked that. you WANT those Haywire Grenades on your wyches, you really do. They make the unit so much more dangerous to the enemy because the unit can now fill two roles. They completely destroy any vehicle they touch.

Their anti infantry killing power at least vs MEQ is not that overwhelming. Imho take they with HWG or don't take them at all.
Back to top Go down
Septimus
Kabalite Warrior
Septimus

PostSubject: Re: First stab at 1000pt well rounded list   First stab at 1000pt well rounded list I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12 2012, 23:08

Quote :
You can get a 5+ jink save for moving even just a fraction of an inch

I often see people saying this like flicker fields don't matter anymore.

If you go second, you have not yet had any opportunity to move - and therefore have no jink save. Flicker fields should still at least be considered.

Things like flamers, hell hounds, helldrakes with bale flamer and noise marines don't care about cover/jink saves at all.

That said our skimmers quickly become expensive if you buy both a flicker field and a night shield.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First stab at 1000pt well rounded list   First stab at 1000pt well rounded list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First stab at 1000pt well rounded list
Page 1 of 1