THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DIsembarking from raider?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zergavas
Kabalite Warrior
zergavas

DIsembarking from raider? Empty
PostSubject: DIsembarking from raider?   DIsembarking from raider? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26 2012, 00:55

Im making a cc unit of 4 Grotesques and 2 Hemi and was wondering about the disembarking from Raider, how far can the raider move if i want to disembark and charge in the same turn i fount on page 79 that transports can only move 6" if you want to disembark does that include Fast skimmers aswell or do they have a seperate ruling i cant fine?
Back to top Go down
Orthien
Sybarite
Orthien

PostSubject: Re: DIsembarking from raider?   DIsembarking from raider? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26 2012, 01:40

Everything can only move 6" if you want to disembark. However you can disembark 6" away from any point on the hull and then still assault thanks to open topped. Thats 14"-24" charge range and being able to fire those nice LG's.

Last edited by Orthien on Fri Oct 26 2012, 01:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: DIsembarking from raider?   DIsembarking from raider? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26 2012, 01:40

Nope, same rules. 6" move, disembark 6" ending wholly within this distance. As open topped you can still charge though
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
zergavas
Kabalite Warrior
zergavas

PostSubject: Re: DIsembarking from raider?   DIsembarking from raider? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26 2012, 02:09

Ok, thx. Was thinking of testing a unit of 4 Grotesks with 2 Hemis in the unit so wean they jump out i will charge with 1 hemi and 4 grotesks and the other hemi will split and throw a dark portal than charge if he can. Was thinking it would be a lot of melee damage but with armoursave 6+ and feel no pain on 5+ im affraid they will die on the snapshoots form the charge and the unit is realy expensive xD
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: DIsembarking from raider?   DIsembarking from raider? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26 2012, 02:39

Don't split as you will loose fearless from the 3 pain tokens.

With T5 and 3 wounds, snap shots mean nothing
Back to top Go down
zergavas
Kabalite Warrior
zergavas

PostSubject: Re: DIsembarking from raider?   DIsembarking from raider? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26 2012, 02:46

Thats actuly a valid point but i was also thinking of spending some extra points on the unit and invest in Lord Rakarth instead of a Hemi, think he can be usfull to take wounds with as he has the clone field and regenerates. But that would put the group at a point cost of 500 and might be to high but i dont know. Also taking him will alow me to split a hemi to make hes own assault as i get to give out pain counters with Rakarth.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: DIsembarking from raider?   DIsembarking from raider? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26 2012, 03:33

Just remember that if urien is the one taking hits, he has to keep taking them until he is dead... Look out sir only goes so far!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: DIsembarking from raider?   DIsembarking from raider? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26 2012, 14:32

Massaen wrote:
Just remember that if urien is the one taking hits, he has to keep taking them until he is dead... Look out sir only goes so far!

True but with 6's to hit from overwatch and 2+ LOS the chances of him taking any damage are fairly slim. Once in combat the wounds can go to any model in b2b with the enemy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DIsembarking from raider?   DIsembarking from raider? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DIsembarking from raider?
Page 1 of 1