THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Disembarking and assaulting

Go down 
+8
Talos
Jimsolo
mrmagoo
Count Adhemar
Massaen
Vasara
CptMetal
Nariaklizhar
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

Disembarking and assaulting Empty
PostSubject: Disembarking and assaulting   Disembarking and assaulting I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2015, 07:00

From a Raider, I'm pretty sure that you can move 6, disembark 6, and assault 2-12. I played a guy the other day that swore raiders could move 12 in the movement phase and still assault because its an assault vehicle. Assault vehicle just means you can assault after moving, moving 6. He wasn't able to prove this in the rule book. I'm the dark eldar player in this game BTW, so it doesn't benifit him at all arguing this. I think he must be thinking previous editions. If someone could just point me in the right direction with a page number, that would be helpful. Thank you

Also, which one of our units could potentially have the longest assault threat range? Transports like raiders,, skyboards, or reavers? My understanding is that they would all be the same
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assaulting   Disembarking and assaulting I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2015, 08:16

I can't point you to the pages because I own the German one but it is indeed 6 inches not 12 as far as I know.

Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assaulting   Disembarking and assaulting I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2015, 08:24

Raider: Turn 3" move 6"
Troops: Disembark 6" Assault 2-12, remember fleet if you have.

-> T1 assault.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assaulting   Disembarking and assaulting I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2015, 11:30

I thought the turn to gain distance was gone from 7th

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assaulting   Disembarking and assaulting I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2015, 11:36

Massaen wrote:
I thought the turn to gain distance was gone from 7th

Not really. It just says you always pivot from the centre of the model "to prevent it from accidentally moving further than intended or allowed".

Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assaulting   Disembarking and assaulting I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2015, 14:08

Yeah - I took that to be movement is now displacement so no part of the model could end more then the distance desired from the closest point of the model prior to moving

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assaulting   Disembarking and assaulting I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2015, 14:14

Massaen wrote:
Yeah - I took that to be movement is now displacement so no part of the model could end more then the distance desired from the closest point of the model prior to moving

That way lies The Age of Sigmar madness!

mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assaulting   Disembarking and assaulting I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2015, 15:36

Nariaklizhar wrote:

Also, which one of our units could potentially have the longest assault threat range? Transports like raiders,, skyboards, or reavers? My understanding is that they would all be the same

This is strictly talking charge range and not effectiveness once in combat.

They are roughly all going to be about the same.  Raiders having a slight bonus over the others mainly due to the turn they can make to sneak in the extra few inches.   Not sure if you can get a full 3' unless you are actually installing and counting the PROW.  Which I don't, I count that as a decoration and say that before every game.

Order of potential.
Raiders 3' Turn, 6' move, 6' Disembark, 12' Charge. (total 27')
Hellions/Skyboard 12' Move, 12' Charge (Total 24')
Reavers 12' Move, 12' Charge (Total 24')

Raiders and Hellions also have the benefit of fleet while reavers don't.  This gives a big advantage to them over reavers when calculating Charge distance.  

Now if you want to talk effectiveness.  I would put Reavers over Hellions every time and it really depends on what you put in the raider.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assaulting   Disembarking and assaulting I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2015, 22:56

I'd put everything in the codex ahead of hellions...
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assaulting   Disembarking and assaulting I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16 2015, 08:24

Reavers are not slowed by terrain. Everything from raider is. So are Hellions after 12" move.

Exceptions from Warlord traits and similar...

Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Talos
Kabalite Warrior
Talos

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assaulting   Disembarking and assaulting I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16 2015, 10:52

Howling Banshees in raider
Raiders 3 Turn, 6' move, 6 Disembark, 15 Charge. (total 30)
Back to top Go down
http://www.olasart.se
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assaulting   Disembarking and assaulting I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16 2015, 11:41

Harlequins with Rising Crescendo:
Raiders 3" Turn, 6" move, 6" Disembark, D6" (rerollable) Run, 2D6" (rerollable) Charge - Total 18-33" charge

Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assaulting   Disembarking and assaulting I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16 2015, 12:39

But only from turn 2 onwards count!

Phayze
Slave
Phayze

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assaulting   Disembarking and assaulting I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19 2015, 19:38

Yeah it's in the transport vehicles section of the brb. You can't legally disembark without a wonky special rule unless the vehicle moved 6"or less. I WISH we could move 12" and jump out. Just like I wish we had Arial Assault back.
Back to top Go down
thenick18
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assaulting   Disembarking and assaulting I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19 2015, 20:54

I don't see how you get an extra 3" from turning the raider. When moving you use the some point of the model to measure the distance traveled. If you measure from the center of the model, then you measure 6" and place the center of the model there. If you measure from the front or back of the model same thing, you place the front or back of the model 6" from its former position. No part of the model should travel further than 6" or whatever distance you are moving.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assaulting   Disembarking and assaulting I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19 2015, 22:13

You measure from the center of the model, move 6 inches, and then pivot, which the rules allow. (Or pivot then move, it's up to you.)
Back to top Go down
Phayze
Slave
Phayze

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assaulting   Disembarking and assaulting I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20 2015, 00:14

You DO use the same point when traveling, but you don't measure from that point when disembarking. After you pivot, your hull is 3" closer that when you moved before. Same thing applies to shooting. You might not be in range with your weapon at one angle, but can reach it with the 3 extra inches pivoting provides.
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assaulting   Disembarking and assaulting I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20 2015, 06:59

Lets borrow this topic to a situation we had a week ago:

Ork Mega nobs were flatout'ing with one hulpoint Battle Wagon in to ruins. The battlewagon was immobilized by the ruins and therefore wrecked. Do the Meganobs get to charge in assault phase since the wagon is open topped? We decided not to allow charge although we didn't find anything in the rulebook that disallowed it.

Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assaulting   Disembarking and assaulting I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20 2015, 07:14

I can't see anything to disallow a charge and, probably more importantly, you are specifically allowed to assault from a destroyed assault vehicle if it's destroyed in the enemy turn so why wouldn't you be allowed to do so in your own turn?

Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assaulting   Disembarking and assaulting I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20 2015, 13:01

They should absolutely be allowed to charge.

Funny thing about the assault vehicle rule. RAW it lets you charge in your OPPONENT's assault phase if it gets shot open from hull point loss.
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assaulting   Disembarking and assaulting I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2015, 23:31

Page 157, "Assault Vehicle" states you can charge after being wrecked.

Page 88, "...Open-topped Transports have the Assault Vehicle special rule."
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assaulting   Disembarking and assaulting I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 03:32

Interesting I was told you cannot even disembark once a vehicles has moved
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assaulting   Disembarking and assaulting I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 05:06

I'll even add that pivoting does not count as moving either. So pivot, move, profit.

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assaulting   Disembarking and assaulting I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 09:35

With a Raider you have a 14-24 thread range to get into close combat. Even without pivoting shenanigans.

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assaulting   Disembarking and assaulting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disembarking and assaulting
Page 1 of 1