THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Help! Im new, need advice on 1000 point anti-guardsman spam imperial army!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon Levitas
Slave
Archon Levitas

Help! Im new, need advice on 1000 point anti-guardsman spam imperial army! Empty
PostSubject: Help! Im new, need advice on 1000 point anti-guardsman spam imperial army!   Help! Im new, need advice on 1000 point anti-guardsman spam imperial army! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 13:40

So my plan so far is:

HQ:

Archon with WWP and Shadow field: 125 (ran out of points, lol)

TROOPS:

10 Kabalite Warriors with SC, shredder and raider with Splinter racks and NS: 115 (un-rapidfireable thanks to NS, advance slowly shooting)

9 Wyches with Hydra and a raider with Shock prow and torment launchers: 170 (chill with Archon, 1st tun charge and deploy WWP, raider then tank shocks units at -1 Ld)

ELITES:

5 Mandrakes with Night Fiend: 85 (those are some nice looking heavy weapon teams you got there....)

5 Trueborn with 2 SCs and a venom with SC and night shields: 155 (Splinter Spammy Snipers [SSS!])

FAST ATTACK:

5 Scourges with 2 shredders: 120 (supporting fire: mabey DS, mabey WWP depending)

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Talos with Chain-flails and stinger pod: 115 (WWP surprise: S3 guardsmen cant wound in CC.. ha-ha)

Razorwing Jetfighter with SC and night shields: 165 (DS in, Missile big unit to ash)

TOTAL 110

I need to drop 10 points but i cant decide what. All criticisims and advice welcome. Thanks!

Last edited by Archon Levitas on Thu Jun 09 2011, 13:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archon Levitas
Slave
Archon Levitas

Help! Im new, need advice on 1000 point anti-guardsman spam imperial army! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help! Im new, need advice on 1000 point anti-guardsman spam imperial army!   Help! Im new, need advice on 1000 point anti-guardsman spam imperial army! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 13:43

Ok, i realise i am actually 70 points over.......... so ill probably drop the Harlys and get the Archon some ok wargear but yeah, advice still greatly appreciated.

Blood Runs. Anger Rises. Death Wakes. War Calls!"

(Eldar Codex, Pg 21, last 2 lines)

Kabal of the Last Hatred: We will bear a grudge.
Back to top Go down
Fleshmoulder_Greiil
Hellion
Fleshmoulder_Greiil

PostSubject: Re: Help! Im new, need advice on 1000 point anti-guardsman spam imperial army!   Help! Im new, need advice on 1000 point anti-guardsman spam imperial army! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 15:04

How does your friend run his guard list? I know that when I played guard, I would bring plenty of weapons to deal witha threat such as this, namely autocannons, missile launchers, even heavy bolters. "Bring it Down!" would work agains many of your vehicles, and taking out the raider carrying the Archon would limit placement of the WWP, and make the Wyches easy pickings from range.

The Talos is nice, and while yes normal guardsmen would struggle to wound, a hidden power fist would ruin your day quicker than rain soggies up a loaf of bread, not to mention plasma spam. This is true for vehicles too.

Alot of it depends on how your opponent usually uses his army. Be it with just infantry, infantry hiding heavy weapons/supported by weapon teams, ect. Mandrakes can be easy pickings, too bad they dont start with a pain token to be able to use their shooty attack right off the bat, and are vulnerable to FRF,SRF with only the 5+ invul. I would consider just a haemonculus to tote the WWP if that is all you are going to use him for, and stick him in a small squad of warriors in transport. The warriors will get FNP, and it wont limit the fleet of the wyches.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

PostSubject: Re: Help! Im new, need advice on 1000 point anti-guardsman spam imperial army!   Help! Im new, need advice on 1000 point anti-guardsman spam imperial army! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 16:52

For guardsmen spam armies you need to bring your own spam fight fire with fire! This assumes a mainly infantry heavy guard army

Haemonculus w/liquifier 60

Warrior squad 5 warriors in venom w/twin cannons 110pts

Warrior squad 5 warriors in venom w/twin cannons 110pts

3 wracks in venom w/twin cannons 95

Razorwings 145pts

Razorwings 145pts

Razorwings 145pts

1000pts on the nose spammy as spammy can be (actually spammier would be swaping the warrior units out for morw wrack units but it's close enough).

Slave
Archon Levitas

PostSubject: Re: Help! Im new, need advice on 1000 point anti-guardsman spam imperial army!   Help! Im new, need advice on 1000 point anti-guardsman spam imperial army! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 11:24

Thanks for all your advice guys, the battle is on this sunday, ill post a modifyed list sometime this week.

Blood Runs. Anger Rises. Death Wakes. War Calls!"

(Eldar Codex, Pg 21, last 2 lines)

Kabal of the Last Hatred: We will bear a grudge.
Back to top Go down
imanecron
Slave
imanecron

PostSubject: Re: Help! Im new, need advice on 1000 point anti-guardsman spam imperial army!   Help! Im new, need advice on 1000 point anti-guardsman spam imperial army! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 07:10

problem. he runs his list mainly mech. 3 base leman russes, 1 executioner (the plasma ones), two medusae (the siege ones, so 120" range), and 3 moving demolition charges. he runs bare minimum squads, 2 small guards squads and 1 command squad. minimum sizes for both. sorry forgot to tell you this before levitas
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

PostSubject: Re: Help! Im new, need advice on 1000 point anti-guardsman spam imperial army!   Help! Im new, need advice on 1000 point anti-guardsman spam imperial army! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 07:54

imanecron wrote:
problem. he runs his list mainly mech. 3 base leman russes, 1 executioner (the plasma ones), two medusae (the siege ones, so 120" range), and 3 moving demolition charges. he runs bare minimum squads, 2 small guards squads and 1 command squad. minimum sizes for both. sorry forgot to tell you this before levitas

So not guardsman spam at all. Mech heavy guard.

Also I'd check his points as just the heavy support on thier own come in at 920pts this leaves no points for hq and troops in a 1000pt game.

Anti-Mech @1000pts

HQ
Haemonculus

Troop

5 Kabalite w/blaster in Raider

5 Kabalite w/blaster in Raider

Elite

4 trueborn w4 blasters in raider w/flickerfield

4 trueborn w4 blasters in raider w/flickerfield

Heavy

Ravager w/flickerfield

Ravager w/flickerfield

Ravager w/flickerfield

991pts so shove a 5 pt upgrade somewhere or haywires on one of the trueborn squads.

Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Help! Im new, need advice on 1000 point anti-guardsman spam imperial army!   Help! Im new, need advice on 1000 point anti-guardsman spam imperial army! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 15:00

@ Strange Dude.

yes I agree.

The only other option if he wants to CC is to go with wyches with haywire instead of warriors. The Haemi can donate pain token to one of them making hi a little more useful.

Help! Im new, need advice on 1000 point anti-guardsman spam imperial army! Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help! Im new, need advice on 1000 point anti-guardsman spam imperial army!   Help! Im new, need advice on 1000 point anti-guardsman spam imperial army! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help! Im new, need advice on 1000 point anti-guardsman spam imperial army!
Page 1 of 1