THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Solution for large amounts of IG flyers and hydra AA spam

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
soulthirster8
Hellion

Solution for large amounts of IG flyers and hydra AA spam  Empty
PostSubject: Solution for large amounts of IG flyers and hydra AA spam    Solution for large amounts of IG flyers and hydra AA spam  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08 2012, 05:43

The DE have the dark lance armed razorwings and fortifications with icarus lascannons and quad guns to deal with flyers, but lately my friend has been aquiring many hydras to shut down the air power and a single AA gun can't handle an entire list packed with flyers wherever possible. If I try to advance on the hydras, I'll get shredded by the Vendetta, Vultures and Valkyries. They compliment the other perfectly so I'm kinda stuck. And he also has conscript blocks to shield the hydras, which I could blast away with razorwing pie plates, if they didn't get shot out of the air first.
I'm still a new guy to DE so the solution might be right under my nose and I don't know it.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Solution for large amounts of IG flyers and hydra AA spam    Solution for large amounts of IG flyers and hydra AA spam  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08 2012, 06:47

Points value of the game? More info for both lists as well please!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Solution for large amounts of IG flyers and hydra AA spam    Solution for large amounts of IG flyers and hydra AA spam  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08 2012, 09:20

I haven't played many games vs mech guard, but the games that I have played I need to either overpower one of his flanks, OR get close, quick.
Lately I've been looking at deepstriking vehicles (Venoms filled with Trueborn Blasters and Haywire Wyches) and have been thinking about this tactic vs Guard. But the problem with Guard is at range they hurt, and close up they spam Melta pretty well too.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Solution for large amounts of IG flyers and hydra AA spam    Solution for large amounts of IG flyers and hydra AA spam  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08 2012, 09:44

Without knowing too much in the way of detail I would suggest sending Beasts into the Conscripts. The vast number of attacks they generate should make short work of the meatshields and allow Wyches to get to the vehicles and work their Haywire magic.

Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Solution for large amounts of IG flyers and hydra AA spam    Solution for large amounts of IG flyers and hydra AA spam  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08 2012, 21:32

Grotesques (with haemy), beasts and wyches
You'll quick turn their parking lot into a junk yard, Grotesques will survive lots of heavy fire power and with furious charge can easily wreck some IG vehicles, beasts get fed some conscripts and whatever wyches managed to stay alive can haywire some hard to kill vehicles. then you can deal with the large supply of flyers.....

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Solution for large amounts of IG flyers and hydra AA spam    Solution for large amounts of IG flyers and hydra AA spam  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 06:02

I guess that could work. The flyers have to come from reserve so they feed it to me in little bite sized pieces I suppose so I won't be overwhelmed and well, yeah its right under my nose just as I said. I actualy think that solves it for me.
Sorry the thread ended so quick guys. I would have liked to to carry this on. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Solution for large amounts of IG flyers and hydra AA spam    Solution for large amounts of IG flyers and hydra AA spam  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Solution for large amounts of IG flyers and hydra AA spam
Page 1 of 1