THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pts Coven army (fun, but got questions)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

2000pts Coven army (fun, but got questions) Empty
PostSubject: 2000pts Coven army (fun, but got questions)   2000pts Coven army (fun, but got questions) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13 2012, 10:22

So this is no competitive list... Its a list that I dont have, but are aiming to build slowly over the next year or so, startin this weekend with the first Talos Smile

Want something differant than my skimmer spam lists, wyches cult etc Smile

(got the Skimmers, Heamonculi, Scourges and Rakarth ofc)

HQ: 360pts
Urien Rakart - 190pts
Heamonculi Ancient w/ Shattershard, LG and VB - 110pts
Heamonculi w/ LG - 60pts

Elite: 370pts
3x Grotesques w/ Liquifire gun. Transport: Raider w/ NS - 185
3x Grotesques w/ Liquifire gun. Transport: Raider w/ NS - 185

Troops: 780pts
5x Wracks w/ LG. Transport: Raider w/ NS - 130pts

Fast: 130pts
5x Scourges w/ 2x HB - 130pts

Heavy: 345pts
Talos w/ HB and CF - 115pts

Total 1985.
15 last points will go in veichle upgrades somewhere.

Now I got very litle experience with coven, but dont want it to be competitive. just want it to be fun.

But I have a few questions.

1) Groups of 3 to small for grotesques, should I go bigger and drop wracks?
2) Drop a Talos for a Crono? I personaly dont see the use for the crono?

EDIT:

Also a few new questions:
3) Is MSU total wrong to do, should I go bigger squads for Wracks? and upgrade to Acolyte?
4) Should I rather go for WWP and drop some of the skimmers, for atm its skimmer spam with coven units :p

1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Coven army (fun, but got questions)   2000pts Coven army (fun, but got questions) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13 2012, 11:03

Darklight wrote:
Now I got very litle experience with coven, but dont want it to be competitive. just want it to be fun.

But I have a few questions.

1) Groups of 3 to small for grotesques, should I go bigger and drop wracks?
2) Drop a Talos for a Crono? I personaly dont see the use for the crono?

EDIT:

Also a few new questions:
3) Is MSU total wrong to do, should I go bigger squads for Wracks? and upgrade to Acolyte?
4) Should I rather go for WWP and drop some of the skimmers, for atm its skimmer spam with coven units :p

Great idea. I've just recently been inspired to build a non-competitive, fluffy (eek) army but not sure if it'll get off the ground. But anyway...

1) Totally up to you and how you want to use them. 4 in a Raider is maximizing their speed. 7-10 on foot is making use of their durability. All depends on how you want to apply them on the table.

2) Run a Chronos and see. AP3 Templates and Flaers, sure! exiting a webway is one way to make use of him.

3) There is no right and wrong build. All depends on how you want to play each unit, and how you want to spend your pts too. 10 Wracks, 2 Liq in Raider is cheaper than 2 5 man units but with MSU you get redunancy.

4) But the fluff has Coven in Raiders, so I think you're OK there. Webways are definately fun but just don't have too many units coming out of 1 webway, they all may not fit lol

Hellion
Archon Bruce

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Coven army (fun, but got questions)   2000pts Coven army (fun, but got questions) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13 2012, 12:38

I think in a list like this, the Cronos could be useful. You will have a lot of Wrack units to throw a token to. With 5 man squads, you really need that extra punch of poison rerolls. Otherwise, the Wrack units will start folding in combat. I think you should consider making 1 or 2 of them 10 man squads since you have little other CC options. From my experience, 5 man squads are fine for dropping on an objective in cover and surviving, but if you are relying on them to take out infantry you really need more bodies.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Coven army (fun, but got questions)   2000pts Coven army (fun, but got questions) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13 2012, 13:35

Thanks for the advice!

Good points on Cronos from both. I will playtest and see. And I really see your point there AB with the tokens. Hmmmf. Concerned about loosing AT, but might have to do it to actually get some punch in CC.

A few things here I hadnt concidered at all. Anyway, it wont change what I buy much, rather the list. (since I have all the skimmers and more than I need)

Not used to playing list like this, so I see there are stuff I even hadnt concidered. Keep the good advice flowing Smile

Me and my mates we buy 1 or two boxes of miniatures each month, and assemble and paint (now we paint poor, but we are happy with it). We do this just continue to expand our armies, or new armys for that matter, or to buy tarrain if needed a month in between. So this will be my new project Wink I never get tired of DE, allready have several thousend points :p

Archon Bruce
Hellion
Archon Bruce

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Coven army (fun, but got questions)   2000pts Coven army (fun, but got questions) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13 2012, 14:18

Wracks are good behind an Aegis as well. that could help ur AT.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Coven army (fun, but got questions)   2000pts Coven army (fun, but got questions) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 06:00

Yeah, that is a use I have spotted for them, and might give that a try in the future, but for me atm that isnt a way I like playing. But will properly try it out.

On CC I have to do some mathammer and playtesting. Properly have to change to list alot from now till i get it how I like. I just remember how my Kabal an Wyches cult lists looked in the start... the horror...

Live and learn Wink

Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Coven army (fun, but got questions)   2000pts Coven army (fun, but got questions) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 14:54

remember the chronos can always smash, yah itll only be 1 attack (two on the charge) but its still S10

As for the list, the only thing I would change is drop the chain flails for TL Liquifer. It is far superior when going against Infantry, and against tanks... again you smash (even if you roll a 1, because 1 attack halfed is still 1 attack

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Coven army (fun, but got questions)   2000pts Coven army (fun, but got questions) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15 2012, 10:03

That is actually some very valid points right there!

Actually I like the idea of the talos fitted with LG and HB. And the point about Cronos I havnt even thought about!
Actually makes cronos a viable point as it can be AT.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Coven army (fun, but got questions)   2000pts Coven army (fun, but got questions) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pts Coven army (fun, but got questions)
Page 1 of 1