THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k Back to Basics - Criticism Welcome :)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Seshiru
Sybarite

2k Back to Basics - Criticism Welcome :) Empty
PostSubject: 2k Back to Basics - Criticism Welcome :)   2k Back to Basics - Criticism Welcome :) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30 2012, 17:42

I'm taking advantage of the double force org you get at 2k

ORG 1:
HQ
Baron Sathonyx - Warlord

Troops
4 x 5 Warriors w/ 1 blaster in Venom + Extra S.C. (125pts each)

Fast Attack
Beastmasters (126pts) - Baron goes here but you knew that
3x Beastmaster
3 x Razorwing Flock x 2

Heavy Support
3 x Talos Pain Engine with twin-liquifier and twin-splinter cannon (105pts each)

ORG 2:
HQ
Haemonculus + Liquifer (60pts) - Joins one of the Wych units

Troops
2 x 5 Wracks + Liquifier in raider w/ D. Lance (120pts each)
2 x 7 Wyches w/ Haywire Hekatrix upgrade with PGL and V.Blade in Raider w/ D.Lance (169pts each)

Heavy Support (315pts)
3 x Ravager w/ 3 D. Lance

The list is really basic, it tries to bring lots of long range fire power, ample scoring units, good CC and AT, and a warlord that doesn't easily give away a victory point. It also has lots of redundancy so your opponent can't just shut down all your lances in one blow or disable your CC power.

Hellion
curebdc

PostSubject: Re: 2k Back to Basics - Criticism Welcome :)   2k Back to Basics - Criticism Welcome :) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01 2012, 19:03

Very cool list!
Here's what I like: redundancy, lots of targets for the enemy to choose, massive venom spam, 6 raider sized targets, a fair amount of anti tank and really strong anti infantry.

What I'm not as big a fan of: talos? Do they sit in back on objectives? Cause otherwise they are going to be getting at ur enemies way too slow and just picked off...Also that beastmaster squad needs some khymera to be able to absorb more damage.

What I might do is take out the talos and replace them with some disintigrator ravagers, air support or even just regular ravagers. Imagine the enemies face when he sees 6x ravagers! 18 dark lance shots just from those will ruin a lot of days.

were long be-nightmared."
-Keats
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 2k Back to Basics - Criticism Welcome :)   2k Back to Basics - Criticism Welcome :) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02 2012, 05:37

I love the tallos, they normal provide longer range AI, great anti FMC and can destroy whole squads of Marines, and tanks that get close. Of course they can be wiped by termies etc, I find they are are more durable then ravagers. But you are probably right that 3 more ravagers would be more powerful and more fitting with our glass hammer theme as long as your opponent doesn't have an answer for it

Although the khymeria I haven't had much success with, they are almost the same points per model as the razorwing (although 5 per beast master) they only have 1w and fewer attacks with no rending. But the big kicker for me is the point effectiveness with the Baron, the stealth bonus and ignoring difficult terrain means the the birds unit will pretty much have a 4 plus cover save or better most the time, so I gain very litter from adding khymeria flocks but pay a ton of points

Kabalite Warrior
Murkglow

PostSubject: Re: 2k Back to Basics - Criticism Welcome :)   2k Back to Basics - Criticism Welcome :) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02 2012, 06:28

Khymera are for those times when you don't have cover (or when your enemies ignore cover). After all you're bound to have to be out of cover at least occasionally given that this is a melee unit. Khymera also handle S6+ weapons better as you can have more of them per beastmaster while flocks 5 wounds are wasted due to insta-death. Not to say Khymera are a must or that you should have them in the army but they do serve a purpose.
Back to top Go down
curebdc
Hellion
curebdc

PostSubject: Re: 2k Back to Basics - Criticism Welcome :)   2k Back to Basics - Criticism Welcome :) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02 2012, 22:51

I dunno I just hate the immobility of the talos. They definitely have their uses though! Your list seems really solid tho with lots of troops and mobility honestly. The talos are kind of bonus anyway hah! If they shoot them the rest of the army will crush them and if they ignore them then they actually could cause a ton of damage at turn 3 If they tie up anyone in cc. Plus they do have some shooting threat. Ya that might work hah

were long be-nightmared."
-Keats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2k Back to Basics - Criticism Welcome :)   2k Back to Basics - Criticism Welcome :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k Back to Basics - Criticism Welcome :)
Page 1 of 1