THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

3500 POINTS AGAINST SALAMANDER/ GREY WOLF

Go down 
+2
Khaelir
doomseer11b
6 posters
AuthorMessage
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

3500 POINTS AGAINST SALAMANDER/ GREY WOLF Empty
PostSubject: 3500 POINTS AGAINST SALAMANDER/ GREY WOLF   3500 POINTS AGAINST SALAMANDER/ GREY WOLF I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03 2012, 20:13

This is a revision of a prior list i had. been reading up with what all yall have been throwing together. please let me know what i could do differently. PS i know everyone has been against the use of the WWP but i dont see a way around it with how he is set up. i NEED to keep as much in reserve as i can for obvious reasons but here it is:

HQ

LELITH HESPERAX

ARCHON
-HUSKBLADE
-VB
-GHOSTPLATE ARMOR
-COMBAT DRUGS
-SOUL TRAP
-PGL
-SHADOWFIELD

HAEMONCULOUS ANCIENT
-AGONISER
-SCISSORHAND
-SOUL TRAP
HAEMONCULOUS
-AGONISER
-LIQUIFIER GUN
-WEBWAY PORTAL

BARON SATHONYX

ELITE

INCUBI X 4 (VENOM/ ARCHON)
-KLAIVEX
-BLOODSTONE
-DEMIKLAIVES
-ONSLAUGHT

HARLEQUINS X 8
-DEATH JESTER
-TROUPE MASTER
-SHADOWSEER
-HARLEQUINS KISS x5
-FUSION PISTOL x2

KABALITE TRUEBORN x5 (VENOM)
-BLASTER x4
-SPLINTER CANNON

KABALITE TRUEBORN x5 (VENOM)
-BLASTER x4
-SPLINTER CANNON

TROOPS

KABALITE WARRIORS x5
-SHREDDER

KABALITE WARRIORS x5
-SHREDDER

WYCHES x9 (RAIDER/ LELITH)
-SHARDNET x1
-HEKATRIX
-PGL
-AGONISER
-HAYWIRE GRENADES

WYCHES x8 (RAIDER/ HAEMONCULOUS/ ANCIENT HAE)
-SHARDNET x1
-HEKATRIX
-PGL
-AGONISER
-HAYWIRE GRENADES

WYCHES x10 (RAIDER)
-SHARDNET x2
-HEKATRIX
-PGL
-AGONISER
-HAYWIRE GRENADES

FAST ATTACK

HELLIONS x15 (BARON SATHYNOX)
-HELLIARCH
-STUNCLAW (UP IN THE AIR ABOUT THIS, IS IT A WASTE? OR SHOULD I BRING A POWER WEAPON OF SOME KIND)

REAVERS x6
-ARENA CHAMP
-AGONISER
-HEAT LANCE x2

DEDICATED TRANS

VENOM
VENOM
VENOM- ALL HAVE XTRA SPLINTER CANNONS AND NIGHT SHIELDS

RAIDER
RAIDER
RAIDER- THEY ALL HAVE GRISLY TROPHIES/ DISINTEGRATOR CANNONS/ NIGHT SHIELDS/ 2 HAVE FLICKER FIELDS
(FLICKER FIELDS BECUZ I PLAN ON SCREENING WITH THEM A WHOLE LOT, HOWEVER SHOULD I TAKE THE TROPHIES OFF????)

HEAVY SUPPORT

TALOS
-CHAIN FLAILS
-XTRA CCW
-TWIN LINKED HEAT LANCE

CRONOS PARASITE
-SPIRIT PROBE
-SPIRIT VORTEX

RAVAGER
-NIGHT SHIELDS (ONE DISINTEGRATOR CANNON)

RAZORWING JETFIGHTER- SHOULD I PROXY A VOIDRAVEN BOMBER???
-SPLINTER CANNON
-NIGHT SHIELDS
-NECROTOXIN MISSILES

Thats roughly 3400 points. i have a proxy for lady malys, urien rakarth, a succbus, wracks x10, grotesques x3 and scourges x10 that i can field. Everything else is pretty much out there. so if i couldve set this up better im up for critiques.

basic idea is:

keep on foot models in reserve

Put WWP as close as i can to the middle of the board, around or in terrain: for on foot units (or not) but definitely for both ENGINES

incubi/ wych squad with lelith work together tearing apart juicy units

all the other stuff does what they do. havent figured out a good spot for the harlequins yet, other than the fact that they are pretty awesome now with their cover saves. however, i will be facing a lot of S5 AP 4 flamers from dreadnaughts... plenty of heat lance/blaster/dark lances and haywire grenades to take care of that though. so please let me know what you guys think. thanks

also, need help with the extra 100 points i have left over

Last edited by doomseer11b on Mon Dec 03 2012, 20:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : extra 100 points)
Back to top Go down
https://www.twinlinkedgaming.com
Khaelir
Slave
Khaelir

PostSubject: Re: 3500 POINTS AGAINST SALAMANDER/ GREY WOLF   3500 POINTS AGAINST SALAMANDER/ GREY WOLF I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15 2012, 09:49

Mate don't make a ravager with mixed weaponry, go either full DL or Dissy. It's useless. You have jink saves, exept if you go 2 in the first turn. So you can take off flickerfields, i won't use trophies also, it's range is too small.
Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: 3500 POINTS AGAINST SALAMANDER/ GREY WOLF   3500 POINTS AGAINST SALAMANDER/ GREY WOLF I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15 2012, 17:35

yeah, i realized that about flicker fields. and i took off the trophies cuz theyll prolly get destroyed too quick anyway =( and youre right the range is pretty small. my hope was to have all the transports have them so they would be right there for it. but oh well, just hope for the best i guess lol. and i gave all of my vehicles dark lances
Back to top Go down
Blank05
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 3500 POINTS AGAINST SALAMANDER/ GREY WOLF   3500 POINTS AGAINST SALAMANDER/ GREY WOLF I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15 2012, 17:57

I dig the list. I've never played a game that big before so Ican't offer to much insight, but a possibly important note, with Baron, Hellions are Troops. There's no choice like with the Dark Angels and their Deathwing. Just so you know.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: 3500 POINTS AGAINST SALAMANDER/ GREY WOLF   3500 POINTS AGAINST SALAMANDER/ GREY WOLF I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16 2012, 03:53

i'm assuming that the x5 warriors are camping in the back, maybe give them some DL's? Don't have my book in front of me but do hellions have hit and run because you could totally use the hellion group to take the overwatch with their coversaves from sathy and then charge your wyches in. I seriously want to know how the cronos does. Agonizers on haemy are meh, try the mindphase gauntlet on the ancient, that thing wrecks.

oops totally missed the whole subtext of 90% of enemy army in drop pods, you might want to try the castle technique that can be found over in the tactics section, fly around with your reavers to attack his non drop pod based army, and this may include having them assault (don't forget hammer of wrath strike) just so he can't flame them when he lands
Back to top Go down
baster
Kabalite Warrior
baster

PostSubject: Re: 3500 POINTS AGAINST SALAMANDER/ GREY WOLF   3500 POINTS AGAINST SALAMANDER/ GREY WOLF I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16 2012, 08:12

i would put everything on the table and try to table him first turn just for keeping that much of his army off the board 350 points aint a lot to deal with. if you go first you will have 2 shooting turns before he even rolls a resevre dice more then enough time to draw line of sight and take em out. a little harder going second but then you see deployment and set up accordingly for a swift strike. even if he survives to make reserve rolls i would keep my stuff in 1 area and limit his deep strike deployment his str 5 flamers still need 5 to glance 6 to pen our paper boats so not great for his odds and a flicker save if castle up with your flicker boats on the outside.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: 3500 POINTS AGAINST SALAMANDER/ GREY WOLF   3500 POINTS AGAINST SALAMANDER/ GREY WOLF I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16 2012, 10:39

Quote :
i would put everything on the table and try to table him first turn just for keeping that much of his army off the board 350 points aint a lot to deal with.

With what? 3 venoms and a Ravager? Odd lances from raiders? Thats a plan doomed to fail.

Mate, you really should drop some toys and shiny HQs and get some meat.

Im looking at this list and see 2k list with overabundance of upgrades and strange diversity of units. Whats you plan?
Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: 3500 POINTS AGAINST SALAMANDER/ GREY WOLF   3500 POINTS AGAINST SALAMANDER/ GREY WOLF I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16 2012, 11:06

i actually have an updated list. I appreciate the feedback, but lemme give a little bit more of a scenario; as the situation has changed a bit. he is still drop podding, but not with as much. he has a few dreadnaughts i think he will be dropping in. so tabling might be an issue as he is now replacing almost all of his drop pods pretty much with whirlwinds and razorbacks. as i said this is a pretty much taliored list. his whirlwinds have a large blast S5 AP4 ignore cover shot!!!! so i need to ruin those IMMEDIATELY. He also, is bringing a ton of missiles, some 30-ish shots i think. and he has dreads protecting his missile launcher which will be waiting as far away on his table edge as possible im assuming.

so here is what i have to combat this: PS i have bought some more models jsut for this battle LOL

HQ:

ARCHON WARLORD
-HUSKBLADE
-VENOM
-SOULTRAP
-GHOSTPLATE
-PGL
-SHADOWFIELD
-COMBAT DRUGS

BARON

DUKE

HAEMONCULUS
-HEXRIFLE (I'll explain later)

ELITES

INCUBI x 4
-KLAIVEX
-BLOODSTONE
-ONSLAUGHT
-DEMIKLAIVES
-IN A VENOM

3 x 5 MAN BLASTER BORN UNITS
- ALL IN VENOMS

(ALL VENOMS OBVIOUSLY HAVE THE SPLINTER AND NIGHT SHIELDS)

TROOPS

KABALITE WARRIORS
- 7 man with a blaster

KABALITE WARRIORS
- 8 man with a blaster

-3 10 WOMAN WYCH UNITS
- ALL WITH 2 shardnets, hekatrix, pgl's, and haywire grenades- all mounted in raiders with DL's

- 14 MAN HELLION UNIT (14 CUZ I HAVE TO PROX BARON)

- 10 MAN WRACK UNIT (no upgrades, brought just to have another scoring unit on the board, gave them the haemy for the pain token just in case, and also gave the haemy the hex so he can help a little at least)

FAST ATTACK

- REAVERS x 6
- ARENA CHAMP
- 2 HEAT LANCES

HEAVY SUPPORT

TALOS-
- TWIN LG
-TWIN SPLINTER CANNON
- NIGHT SHIELDS

RAVAGER x 2 ALL DL's

RAZORWING JETFIGHTER
- SHATTERFIELD MISSILES
- DL's
- NIGHT SHIELDS

ALLIES

ELDRAD

5 MAN PATHFINDER UNIT ( depnding on who is going first will determine how i bring them on. if i go second i will probably outflank)

i have changed this list like 7 times. i apologize i even have another posted i think that is for the same game. i just bought new models so this is why i have made the changes. plus i just realized how amazing blasterborn in a venom can be. Please let me know what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3500 POINTS AGAINST SALAMANDER/ GREY WOLF   3500 POINTS AGAINST SALAMANDER/ GREY WOLF I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3500 POINTS AGAINST SALAMANDER/ GREY WOLF
Page 1 of 1