THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Commorragh - Birth of an idea

Go down 
+24
leinmann
Gobsmakked
dangerous beans
sammun
Garran
wanderingblade
krayd
Grub
inorexia
Devilish
Massaen
Archon Farath Mure
Orthien
Goran
Super Dave
Saintspirit
GAR
Evil Space Elves
Cavash
Kinnay
Thor665
Mushkilla
Shadows Revenge
Sky Serpent
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Commorragh - Birth of an idea Empty
PostSubject: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10 2012, 14:58

I wanted to share the beginnings of this project with everyone so you have an idea of how this started and some ideas we have had so far. Please feel free to create threads on any subject you like in this forum.

This is a pipeline dream I've had since playing a ton of Mordheim in my early GW days, a Dark Eldar skirmish game.

There are stunning models, now theres loads of awesome DE terrain that will work, the fluff is better and more detailed.

I want to see if I can get a team on this.

The premise is a skirmish game, set in Commorragh, DE gangwarfare, the dregs and kings of society fighting for turf and glamour.

Necromunda, Mordheim and Gorkamorka lend fantastic mechanics for game and campaign, the visits to the mad dok can be ported over easily as visits to the haemonculi, go to gun shops. The weapons profiles in The Soul Reaver could be used make more detailed profiles for the skirmish game. The warbands almost write themselves, coven, kabalite, wych cult, hellions. Incubi can be hired swords, we could have so much fun creating dramatis personae, skyboards and reavers can be limited wargear and costly. Harlequins can be the equivalent to how a GM in Necromunda can level the playing field.

This could be awesome. And what if we made our own mod for vassal and ran our own campaigns on there? We could have a whole section of the forum based on the game, where people can get the rules and take part in our campaign?

We'd have to look at and research heavily all the legalities involved but this could be pure awesome.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by Sky Serpent on Tue Jan 01 2013, 22:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10 2012, 15:06

Im up for the challenge. Seems like it would be fun to write our own game Razz
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10 2012, 15:42

Sounds great, I would recommend coming up with a similar system to necromunda (maybe streamline it a bit for 6th). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10 2012, 15:55

By 'streamline for 6th' are we saying 'use 5th' ?
Wink
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10 2012, 16:00

I have never played any of the skirmish versions of Warhammer, but must admit that I'm interested in the Comorragh game! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10 2012, 16:04

Thor665 wrote:
By 'streamline for 6th' are we saying 'use 5th' ?
Wink

Noway, 5th would be terrible for a skirmish game. Necromunda is 2nd ed rules, so I was suggesting streamlining them a bit so they are more like 6th edition.

I sense Thor does not like 6th? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10 2012, 16:27

I think the way Mordheim worked was quite good, I like the idea of using general attacking, ws/bs and then s vs t and then you roll a d6, 1-2 knocked down, 3-4 stunned, 5-6 out of action. Weapons and poisons could affect that table etc.

I think the best way to start it off is to grab the rulebooks for the big three skirmish games, the dark eldar codexes, path of the renegade and the soul reaver and go from there,

I really think this could be exciting.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10 2012, 17:12

Mushkilla wrote:
I sense Thor does not like 6th? Very Happy
I liked 2nd.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10 2012, 19:02

Sky Serpent wrote:
I think the way Mordheim worked was quite good.

Personally mordenheim was terrible compared to Necromunda, always played the same. Necromunda has a very active community and to be honest the 2nd edition rules are fantastic with models going to ground when they get hit regardless of being wounded etc. It actually makes the game a lot more strategic.

Theirs a community version of necromunda that gets updated regularly (I contributed at some point).

http://www.yakromunda.com/forums/index.php

Might be worth doing a commorraghefied version of necromunda seeing it has all the gang and territory concepts that would already transfer, and a lot of the 2nd edition rules work very well with it.

Sorry I absolutely loath mordheim... Embarassed

Either way I would be up for helping out when it comes to writing the rules. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10 2012, 20:34

I would agree that Necromunda is a superior game and system to Mordheim and would likely transfer better as the base.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10 2012, 20:38

Sounds like a great idea.

If I can help with anything feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10 2012, 20:43

Raider to raider boarding action... I can see it now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11 2012, 01:36

Hellion gangs....Scourge hired guns.....Mandrake characters...my god this could be awesome. Twisted Evil
*head explodes*
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13 2012, 13:28

I would like to contribute
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13 2012, 17:42

Me too. I think the idea with the skirmish games are great and Commoragh must be a great place to skirmish in, don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14 2012, 19:45

Ok, its on then. I'm gonna leave it until the new year (as I'm sure everyone will have more time then, at least I will) and then make a hidden board for people to get involved in making it. There will be an announcement nearer the time about people who want to join in etc.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14 2012, 21:42

I am particularly in for developing the Mandrake warband, just so you know!

Last edited by Saintspirit on Wed Dec 19 2012, 16:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19 2012, 16:22

I'd be excited to do up the shopping and territories rules and fluff.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19 2012, 22:47

I'm gonna throw all the skill sets from the skirmish games into a hat and use that to make some DE ones. What I'd like everyone to do is do whatever they want and desire, I'd much rather have everyone work on ideas they are passionate for.

We'll have to work out guidelines etc but this could be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 16:09

I've been writing a little on eventual rules for a "Mandrake Clans" warband, and while doing so a question came up in my mind - exactly how good should the initial teammembers be? I mean, in games like Mordheim and Necromunda people aren't exactly good when recruited, but get better as the campaign goes on, right?

A general Dark Eldar does after all have quite a good profile, at least compared to a common human (and the Necromunda Gangers are humans), and they also have some nice special rules. So what I wonder is, how similar should the various unit profiles and rules, of units in Commoragh - the game be, to the ones in the Dark Eldar Codex?

Of course, as SS just said, we should do whatever we want and desire - and personally, there are some things I felt was fitting in the 40k rules, but should be somewhat different in a skirmish game like this. F.ex., I thought of some special Mandrake skills, not all Mandrakes having similar Baleblasts (or even, some not having Baleblast at all - at least not in the beginning) and also some more kinds of Mandrakes...
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 19:32

Saintspirit wrote:
I've been writing a little on eventual rules for a "Mandrake Clans" warband

Let's get one thing straight, it's a Gang not a Warband. Wink
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 20:02

Ok, have it Mandrake Clans gang then. Actually, I wasn't really sure about whether they should be called gangs, warbands or perhaps teams.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 21:42

I think gang makes them sound too connected to being normal DE and takes some of the mystery away. I think warband suits them slightly better, but maybe something else would be more fitting.

Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Super Dave
Hellion
Super Dave

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08 2013, 21:55

I am completely and utterly game for helping out as much as I can.

And on the topic of different types of bands... anyone else think a Scourge "warband" should be a called a Murder? Like crows....
Back to top Go down
Goran
Hellion
Goran

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08 2013, 23:40

Ok. I'm IN. this will be so cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh - Birth of an idea   Commorragh - Birth of an idea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Commorragh - Birth of an idea
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next