THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Haemmie and Wracks: boost to Archon?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thejamppa
Hellion
thejamppa

Haemmie and Wracks: boost to Archon? Empty
PostSubject: Haemmie and Wracks: boost to Archon?   Haemmie and Wracks: boost to Archon? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17 2012, 13:33

I was considering getting 5 or more wracks get cheap Haemmie with liquifier gun to go with my shadowfield Archon, stuck all in Dessie Raider: Voilá rather cheap meat shield and scoring unit with 2 pain tokens boosting Archon .

How viable this is? I do like how models look like and I got gift certificate to shop so I am not sure weather buy Haemmie and Wrecks or some Incubi but Wracks are so cheap (point wise) and haemmie unloicks them as troops.

Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Haemmie and Wracks: boost to Archon?   Haemmie and Wracks: boost to Archon? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17 2012, 18:01

It's certainly an option, but they won't be fleet, so the Archon having furious charge from the pain tokens won't make much difference if he fails the roll for the distance. The importance and usefulness of being able to re-roll those dice can't be underestimated! And an Archon plus Incubi will mince pretty much anything they come up against.

I myself like to use both Wracks and Incubi, but I never put the Archon with the Wracks. He needs to go from location to location as quickly as possible, slaughtering everything at each one - use him and whatever he's with for that, then have the Wracks move onto the objective he's cleared out for them. It's great that they're scoring with a haemonculus, but if the Archon is with them and you've got them in your list because they're scoring, you'll end up with him most likely sitting still on an objective or running around by himself whilst they sit still on it. Not ideal! Pick your targets carefully, and your Archon shouldn't struggle to pick up pain tokens.
Back to top Go down
thejamppa
Hellion
thejamppa

PostSubject: Re: Haemmie and Wracks: boost to Archon?   Haemmie and Wracks: boost to Archon? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18 2012, 11:54

Sounds good. Dang, I probably end up buying both Wracks AND Incubi after I'll finish my raider and few wyches. Thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haemmie and Wracks: boost to Archon?   Haemmie and Wracks: boost to Archon? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haemmie and Wracks: boost to Archon?
Page 1 of 1