THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Frigid Strike Kabal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vishuss
Slave
Vishuss

Frigid Strike Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Frigid Strike Kabal   Frigid Strike Kabal I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27 2012, 06:13

I've been fascinated by wargaming for almost as long as I can remember but never picked it up before. Recently I decided I needed a new hobby and happened to notice I have a Games Workshop really close to where I live. After a some browsing and a little conversation with the shop keeper I left with a box of Kabalite Warriors. More than anything else I was drawn to the amazing looking models.

At this point I'm not planning on putting models on the table any time soon but perhaps once I get a few units painted I'll start looking for some games. I paint really slow however, just a few hours a week. Very limited free time with a full time job and a two year old daughter.

This is my first time doing anything like this. I have not painted since elementary school, my hands shake like nobody's business and I'm red/green color blind. Maybe this isn't the best hobby for me but so far I am enjoying it immensely. Very Happy

Anyways, on to what I've done so far. As a beginner I decided to keep with a pretty standard paint scheme. I've finished the warriors now (only nine models, my daughter managed to snatch one I had set aside and dropped it on the floor where it was promptly chewed into bits by our dog Rolling Eyes ). For the most part I'm pretty happy with how they turned out but there are a couple that are quite bad. These are, IMO, the better ones:

Frigid Strike Kabal Kabalite3_zps7cd2879b
I really like how this one's helmet came out

Frigid Strike Kabal Kabalite4_zps841a69e9
This guy still needs to be based...

I tried to get a group shot but my camera would not cooperate. I'll give it another try soon.

Currently I'm working on some Reaver Jetbikes, here is my first one finished:

Frigid Strike Kabal Submit1_zpsa7ca5ef2

As time goes on I plan to do backstory, a display board, and possibly some terrain. In the meantime, please, comment and critique very welcome!

Last edited by Vishuss on Wed Jan 09 2013, 05:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Delvian
Hellion
Delvian

PostSubject: Re: Frigid Strike Kabal   Frigid Strike Kabal I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27 2012, 20:35

Good job Smile nice steady hand for your first minis! Only criticism for me would be the red on the eyes. I think it contrasts a little too much and doesn't give them the evil foreboding look.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Frigid Strike Kabal   Frigid Strike Kabal I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27 2012, 20:40

Very solid stuff here for a first-timer!
Back to top Go down
Vishuss
Slave
Vishuss

PostSubject: Re: Frigid Strike Kabal   Frigid Strike Kabal I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16 2013, 01:52

Finished a few more models, I feel that I'm improving a little, quite happy with the last Reaver, although I did have trouble modeling the riders to sit properly on the bikes.

Frigid Strike Kabal Reavermontage_zps63e63765

Also got an ok group shot of all my models painted to date:

Frigid Strike Kabal Groupshot_zpsf89f0396

I started painting back in October, so yeah, my pace is pretty slow. On deck I've got a Raider and Wyches, hope to get them done a little faster now that the holidays are done!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frigid Strike Kabal   Frigid Strike Kabal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frigid Strike Kabal
Page 1 of 1