THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the shrouded strike 1850 vs GK

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SOlyer
Hellion

Kabal of the shrouded strike 1850 vs GK Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the shrouded strike 1850 vs GK   Kabal of the shrouded strike 1850 vs GK I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08 2013, 02:28

Ok, So I hope this works. Battle chronicler is nice and all but man it sucks if you have to change things. I was not going to tinker all night with it. I have work in the morning. I figured if it was an epic fail i would try again and or just say screw it and type all my reports out with no images :)haha.

DE

Kabal of the Shrouded Strike

Baron - 105
+2 St on the charge and +1 attack and +1 st for the hellglaive.

Fast Attack
4 Beastmasters, 10 kymera, 4 razorwing flocks - 228
9 Reaver Jetbikes, 3 heatlances, 1 Arena Champion with venom blade - 249
9 Reaver Jetbikes, 3 heatlances, 1 Arena Champion with venom blade - 249

Troops
10 warriors, splinter cannon, raider with Grisley Trophies - 170
10 warriors, splinter cannon, raider - 160
5 warriors, blaster in a venom with duel splinter cannons - 125

Heavy Support
Ravager - 105

Ravager - 105

Ravager - 105

GK

Librarian, nemesis warding stave, might of titan

4 * 5 terms, daemon hammer, psycannon, halbreds, psybolt ammo

vindicaire assassin

2* dreadnoughts, TL Auto cannon, Missile launcher

Ravenstorm (all TL) hurricane bolters, heavy bolter, lascannon

Mission was the relic
No night fight
Warlord traits didnt have any
drugs were extra pain token Smile

I got first turn so i deployed aggressively with my boats, ready to strike in the middle with my venoms out front just on the off chance he stole the initiative and i needed a cover save for my ships. I put my reavers on each side in the ruins to give a 4+ and to be in range of blade veining what ever was placed in the middle. I then put my beasts in the middle in terrain for obvious reasons. I knew I needed to keep him off that objective and the best way to do that was to tie him up in combat while my troops stole the objective and ran with it.

He put his librarian with termies in the middle hidden behind a hill. A second 5 termies next to them on the other side of the hill. The other 2 squads were in ruins to my left. He put his assassin guy in the ruins as well to snipe at stuff. He hid a dread behind the ruins on that same side. The other dread was in reserve on board the raven storm.

Turn 1 GK
Kabal of the shrouded strike 1850 vs GK S6au
He stole initiative!!!! He moved up his 2 squads in the middle and shot 2 venoms down. Exploded them and killed 1 out of 1 venom and 2 out of another venom. He shot his assassin and dread at a ravager but was only able to get one pen through and immobilized it. BAD shooting by the assassin and a save for being behind the venom Smile.

Turn 1 DE
Kabal of the shrouded strike 1850 vs GK N9d3
I knew with how this guy set his army up and how he played so defensively that was going to be able to focus all my fire power onto one part of his force early on. He didnt even move his other 2 squads out of the ruins. Time to bring the pain for the tactical error. I moved my reavers out, one unit was able to be in range of the far right termmies, the other one bladeveined accross the board over top of them. Between the 2 units, I killed all but 1. The reavers that shot then assaulted the last guy and using fleet they made their distance and assault him with hammer of wrath hits. A lot of 5s and 6s. He failed his save and that was an easy extra pain token. Furious charge for them. Baron moved up the middle as intended. His plan was simple and they played right into it. He had the AI of the army shoot at the termmies which some  how only killed 1!!! He then charged in like a mad man. He needed a 9 to charge so it was risky. I failed the charge distance, oh wait, fleet, bam, there is my 6 for my re roll getting me in. Combat was long with all my rolls. Only half were in and i still had a lot of dice to roll. The Halberts gave the termmies a good initiative which made them strike before my flocks and at the same time as the rest of my unit. They used some spell thing to give them more strength to bump them up to 6!! I did not know they were going to be st 6! Good thing I had my birds behind my dogs for the charge. 2 Termmies died and only 2 dogs, and a master died. I lost combat by 1 but made my ld so it was locked.

Turn 2 GK

The storm raven doesnt come in. So now the GK player was finally moving his other 2 termmy units to come help. They moved out of the ruins and shot and immobilized a raider. That was all he could do. It was quite pathetic really. He really needed his termmies to stick together or something. Idk what his strategy was. Baron finished off the warlord and his unit.

Turn 2 DE
Kabal of the shrouded strike 1850 vs GK Wzit
As you can see, the DE then just finished off the threats. The reavers bladed over the termmies killing a unit. The rest of the army moved up and shot at that same unit. The beasts moved over that way to try and charge what ever unit it could, but didnt make the charge distance of 8 it needed this time.

This guy continued to want to play for some reason, but we all know it was game over already. My troops were next to the objective with nothing but a storm raven to deal with when it came on. The termmies werent going to do much. He ended up being tabled on turn 3.

Victory to the DE.

Not sure if this game really made a good run for my list in terms of checking out weaknesses in it etc etc. The eldar player I played last week definitely tought me a lot. I got a lot of tactical information from that game. (no i didnt make a battle chronicler for that game) I figured this quick game would be a good way to check this BC out. I hope you all enjoyed.

Last edited by Mushkilla on Mon Aug 12 2013, 11:28; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : trying to get these pictures to come up properly.)
Back to top Go down
SOlyer
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the shrouded strike 1850 vs GK   Kabal of the shrouded strike 1850 vs GK I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08 2013, 02:30

I see that you can right click on the images and choose open in new tab to see the pics, but how do you get them to come up right on the page with out needing to open a new tab? Anyone know?
Back to top Go down
autopilot
Hellion
autopilot

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the shrouded strike 1850 vs GK   Kabal of the shrouded strike 1850 vs GK I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08 2013, 05:32

Your images are linking to a webpage and not to an image file. On Imageshack, there is probably something that says "link to this image" or "embed" or "html." etc. Find the link that ends with a image extension (.jpg, .gif, .png, etc etc).

EDIT: For example, here is one of your images' locations.

Code:
http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/9/s6au.jpg

Here is the image
Kabal of the shrouded strike 1850 vs GK S6au
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the shrouded strike 1850 vs GK   Kabal of the shrouded strike 1850 vs GK I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08 2013, 07:17

There should be a link called direct (of the form http://...jpg). Post that between the [img] tags. You can quote Autopilot's post to see how he did it.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the shrouded strike 1850 vs GK   Kabal of the shrouded strike 1850 vs GK I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12 2013, 11:28

Fixed the image links for you. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the shrouded strike 1850 vs GK   Kabal of the shrouded strike 1850 vs GK I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the shrouded strike 1850 vs GK
Page 1 of 1