THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character

Go down 
+9
ravengoescaw
She Who Thirsts
psycheer
Noctus Cornix
CaptainBalroga
Shadows Revenge
KnightSeerValkia
Cavash
Lady Malys
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17 2013, 20:50

Thank you, Shadows, he looks good Very Happy

Psycheer, I'm sorry I PM'd you before reading your character, he's coming along nicely Smile I taje it by five years you mean 5 years out of the tube so to speak? I never thought about that before but it makes sense to spawn Tubeborn as adults (like Tanks in Space Above and Beyond if anyone's seen it).

Once you're done we're just waiting on character sample posts and KnightSeerValkia's chartacter and we can get started Smile

Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2013, 23:14

So, we are waiting for sample posts from CaptainBalroga and Noctus, and for Psycheer to finish up; and for KnightSeerValkia to make her character.

I'd like to get this started next week at the latest, can we try for that? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
KnightSeerValkia
Kabalite Warrior
KnightSeerValkia

PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2013, 23:35

I should mention I am male Razz

My character should be up within an hour or so, and that is with the sampe post.

EDIT 1: Sorry, got distracted when on the chat the other night, and also my boyfriend who just so happened to be sick all yesterday and most of today and was taking care of him. Should be up soon, sorry again Malys and everyone else.

And when the pistol goes off it sparks and you're ready for surgery..Surgery~

Cavash wrote:
I wouldn't send anybody to kill you, I'm not that sort of DEldar... if I wanted you dead I'd do it myself! Very Happy 

To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 Hiddenlibrary2nd-1

Last edited by KnightSeerValkia on Sun Jan 20 2013, 20:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19 2013, 00:00

Oops, so sorry Valkia! I normally wouldn't assume but I thought the people in chat knew something I didn't! Embarassed

I look forward to seeing your character Very Happy

Back to top Go down
psycheer
Kabalite Warrior
psycheer

PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19 2013, 17:41

updated again, i apologize for the spelling and grammatical errors. It took all of my being to control myself to not capitalize the m in mush. Razz

She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21 2013, 00:36

Right to to recap, we are waiting for a couple of sample posts (come on people, don't be shy! Very Happy ) and for Valkia's character, health of boyfriend permitting. [EDIT: and I understand this has to come first Smile ]

I would like to get started as soon as we can, because I don't want to lose momentum.

Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22 2013, 02:04

Sure thing! I'll get that post in this evening.

She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24 2013, 00:06

*nudge* C'mon Valkia, let's see a character if you are playing Smile If not just let me know (but soon please)!

I would like to get started at the weekend or early this week so let's get those sample posts in and we can get going. Noctus if you're wondering where I got the idea for sample posts from, it was you Very Happy

Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25 2013, 02:36

Sample post edited in.

She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25 2013, 19:41

Thanks Captain! Very Happy

Now we need one from Noctus and the whole character from Valkia.

Once we have these, we can start, hopefully this weekend.

Back to top Go down
Noctus Cornix
Kabalite Warrior
Noctus Cornix

PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27 2013, 05:58

Of course you got the idea from me... CURSE MY NEED TO OVERACHIEVE!

Anyway, I got my sample post up. Its not much but eh.

Scraps of red flesh that is splayed all around....
These are a few of my favorite things....
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27 2013, 06:34

Thanks Noctus! And that's fine, it gives a flavour* of the character and how he works.

Now we're just waiting on Valkia who is fast running out of 'tonight' to post in ... Razz

*Wrack flavour. Does not taste like chicken.

Back to top Go down
Noctus Cornix
Kabalite Warrior
Noctus Cornix

PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27 2013, 08:37

actually, I had something else in mind for my opening post.... But it was veering on 10 pages and I realized I was writing a short story >.>

Scraps of red flesh that is splayed all around....
These are a few of my favorite things....
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27 2013, 18:26

Well, by all means post that too if you like, I would be curious to see it Smile

Back to top Go down
KnightSeerValkia
Kabalite Warrior
KnightSeerValkia

PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27 2013, 21:47

Sorry all, trying to get everything to sound good and I hope it was worth the wait for you all:

Player: KnightSeerValkia

Name: Kayle Amaryllis (Kay-L A-ma-ryl-lis)

Physical Description: As a woman of High Commoragh, Kayle has been groomed to exacting standards of physical perfection with a tall willowly frame yet still maintains both muscle and feminine form accenturated with bewitching eyes that appear to look like polished sapphires and a sharp high cheekbone structure.

Despite her wildchild and breakaway nature, Kayle prefers to keep her appearance rooted in High Commorite style with an elegant but messy up-do but adorned with a stylized Razorwing clip to keep it in place, least her whispy ash blonde hair falls to just above shoulder length.

History: Born into the elite sects of High Commoragh, Kayle was raised in the prestige and luxury her family could provide. However early on she began to tire of the trivialities of her social standing from the endless repetitive parties thrown for some decrepit dinosaur, tiresome and boring court meetings, even having her choice of slaves to cater to her needs did not bring a spark of enjoyment to Kayle.

But one day while Kayle was accompanied by one of her Incubi bodyguards in one of the market districts of Low Commoragh, Kayle and her guardian were almost ripped apart by passing Reavers chasing down some vermin through the streets. Enraged by those thugs, Kayle and her Incubi guardian 'gathered' information from the locals about the identity of the Reavers, and with her connections within High Commoragh quickly had the Reavers and their Succubi in the grand room of her family's estate.

However, what happened was not to Kayle's expectations, as she thought the Reavers would be quickly gutted by either her hands or from one of the Incubi guards while the Succubi would recieve a 'warning' which involved plenty of pain. Instead her father allowed the Succubi to suggest that they could use her to raise the profile of both the Cult and his own Kabal by having Kayle race the Reaver who got the closest to her.

Ready to eviscerate anything in her way, with the words her 'loving father' so accurately used "Either one blade in the front or one hundred knives to your back".

It took days of torture and maiming before she calmed down enough to begin her Jetbike lessons her father so 'kindly' arranged with an allied Cult. To her surprise, not only did she take to the bike so fluidly as if she always been riding all her life, but the high speed and danger ignited a part of Kayle she hadn't felt in cycles: excitement. Soon thereafter, she began to askew her social commitments and spent ever increasing time riding and modifying her jetbike to the disatisfaction of her father, causing at least one heated arguement within her father's court.

Anticipation, adrenaline and unadultered arrogance was coursing through her veins on her day of vengance with the excitement within the Arena was at it zenith as both Kayle and her opponent, some soon to be dead maggot known as Nox lined up at the starting point on their jetbikes. The explosion which signalled the start of the race was maddening like the screams of hundreds of slaves at once, but nothing compared to the roar of both the jetbike engines produced as they fired off the starting line.

The rush of adrenaline running through Kayle as she sped off on through the course was beyond exhilarating, the screams from the crowd adding to the pleasure she felt as her hunt for vengance had began as Nox took a slight lead. Rather then make it a quick death by her hands, Kayle wanted to show everyone just how worthless her opponent truly was, and she started with gambit with few shots from her Heat Lance aimed towards the leftmost Bladevane on his jetbike.

As quick as the shots blazed in the air, they had reached their mark shocking most of the audience as well as Nox, who up until this point had been manically mocking and taunting Kayle with a variety of colourful actions. Now however, the colour drained out of his face in fear as he looked back and saw the glee spread across his opponent's face.

Torturous traps ranging from deep drops, raised spikes and other fun death causing treats were weaved, bobbed and zoomed through as they sped through the track with more surprises such as Kayle brazingly getting in melee range of Nox and in exchange for a slash to her forearm with a dagger, she had placed a beautiful gash across his now fearful face. Kayle did want to torment him further, but between her excitement, his raging fear and a rush of adrenaline running through them both after their ballet of blades in the sky as they unlocked, Kayle had fallen just behind him with enough room to fire her Heat Lance point blank into his engine.

Without a microsecond missed, his engine blew in spectactular fashion in waves of blazing fire which spread across Nox and his metal junk pile of a bike and crashed into the raised spikes full throtle and impaled fatally across the jagged mass in a bloody heap. However, before Kayle could celebrate and sake her bloodlust the distinct roars of two more Reaver Jetbikes speeding directly towards her. Instinct and blind arrogance dictated her next move, which had her beelining towards the scrap wishing to call themselves Reavers.

Twisted glee across all their faces, with the crowd were screaming and cheering with frenzied joy as the three closed in, the boys firing a barrage of Splinter shards streaming past her with only inches between them and her body. Weaving, bobbing and with a bit of luck, she blow her engine on full charge and spun herself into a spinning lotus of blades into the faces of both Reavers with their visera, blood and bones exploding onto the vanes of her bike and scattering into the air.

Victory and celebration she couldn't enjoy, as she quickly removed herself from the Arena circuit and met her father and his guard back at their estate. A lesson he said, a lesson because she had slighted him socially within High Commoragh by missing the social funtions, he smirked as he looked upon her as she absorbed the information and exploded in spectacular fashion, cursing him and proclaiming she was done living in his social circle.

As she hopped onto her Jetbike, blew him and the rest of his court off and revved its engine he screamed out she's dead to him and she'll be begging to come back on her hands and knees, bloodied and beaten because she can't hack it. That was a few cycles ago, and she hasn't looked back once, only looking for more excitement any way she can take it.

Personality: Vivacious, unbound and unburdened from her highborn upbring, Kayle is driven by excitement over all else, with a penchant for deception via seductive means, but not above typical Dark Eldar behaviour such as arrogance, fury and comtempt. Though easily bored, if something does spark with Kayle she is relentless in her purse of it, with her reaver jetbike.

Key Skills: Major - Piloting; Minor - Scouting, Close Combat, Seduction, Repairs

Equipment: Reaver Jetbike equipped with Heat Lance, Wychsuit, Combat Drugs, Four Combat Daggers, Splinter Pistol.

Sample Post:
"Hey Princess, nice race out their" a voice whistled appreciatively as a female looked up from out of the hood of her jetbike.

"Wish I could say the same to you Cross, you were lucky that you raced a bunch of fools with that patch job on your grav-engine" the female replied with an arrogant laced smile across her refined features.

"Oh Princess, why do you try to wound me so,-" he smirked as he walked towards her in some foolish idea of seductive "especially since I came to suggest we 'celebrate' our mutual success together" his eyes roamed up and down her body with a glint in his eyes.

"And why should I give you any chance Cross?" she smirked deviantly at his poor seduction attempts "From what I've seen you wouldn't be able to keep pace" allowing herself a small laugh at her would be lover.

"You know, you should let your hair down more often-" completely disregarding her jab at his inflated prowess "and get with a real Eldar, not one of those high society deadbeats walking round like they mean anything" stopping just inches away from her, and still with eyes roaming her body.

Looking directly in his face with enough charm to fool even her own father "Maybe you could entertain me for a while" she mused as a hand slithered up and down his chest while slowly pushing him back towards a wall.

She got in close as he was leaned against the wall and whispered into his ear seductively "You know what they say, you can take a girl out of High Commoragh-", as she thrust a dagger in his chest, "-but you can't take High Commoragh out of the girl" she licked her lips in estacy as the blood and screams poured out of him.

And when the pistol goes off it sparks and you're ready for surgery..Surgery~

Cavash wrote:
I wouldn't send anybody to kill you, I'm not that sort of DEldar... if I wanted you dead I'd do it myself! Very Happy 

To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 Hiddenlibrary2nd-1
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27 2013, 22:11

And welcome to the group Valkia, squeaking past the deadline just in time Very Happy Nicely atmospheric character too.

Right now I have you all together, I will get you started!

Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29 2013, 21:59

I think double posts are ok here?

The in character post is up, feel free to ask any questions you may have here OOC Smile

Note: Extra Information is just a little bit for people who have certain skills in certain times, don't feel left out if you don't get any this time around because we have a nice spread of skills such that everyone should have some sooner or later!

Back to top Go down
She Who Thirsts
Slave
She Who Thirsts

PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30 2013, 10:03

Greetings all!

I realise that I'm late to this party as it's just gotten underway but seeing as it's the only RP currently active, I would like to submit a character as a back-up in case someone drops out or the thread slows down a little and needs fresh blood to keep it going at at any point.

I have a female character in mind that would work and might offer skills that differ from those already contributed by characters involved in the RP. Just let me know if it's worth me posting a character sheet and I'll stay on stand-by, just in case.

In the meantime, I hope the RP goes well!

S.W.T.

++ And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all. ++

++ No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering. ++
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30 2013, 16:31

Thank you and good day to you She Who Thirsts Very Happy Not a sentence I ever imagined myself using Wink

You would be most welcome to make a character, there is indeed a backup spare seat waiting if you would care to fill it. There is a character template at the start of this thread.

As an additional game-related note, I forgot to ask that people put speech in bold, it just helps it to stand out a bit. Thanks!

Back to top Go down
psycheer
Kabalite Warrior
psycheer

PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30 2013, 21:24

*cringe* pink. comic. sans.

She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30 2013, 21:35

Sweetheart, I know. But it's the Great Enemy. That's the only place I would find pink Comic Sans appropriate.

Back to top Go down
She Who Thirsts
Slave
She Who Thirsts

PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30 2013, 22:18

That's exactly my intention, Malys. I'm glad it's both recognised and reviled. psycheer, your anguish sustains me. Thank you for your contribution.

You'll both be glad to know that I don't use it in IC RP threads so it's not all bad.

Backup character sheet to follow shortly.

S.W.T.

++ And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all. ++

++ No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering. ++
Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2013, 04:15

KnightSeerValkia wrote:
...Kayle ran her eyes across the form of the Incubus...hidden beneath his bespoke armour...

This is very much me being technical, and I am a fan of inventive uses of language, but wouldn't 'bespoke' be an inappropriate word to describe most Incubus armor? I was under the impression that they tended to claim their armor from a previous Incubus, which does not suggest that the armor could be made to order. If it can and was...that would be very interesting, and that single word would be very powerful! If not, then my confusion remains.

She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2013, 19:44

Well, for myself I would guess this means "designed especially for an Incubus". Valkia, is that correct? Smile

Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 00:44

Player: Ravengoescaw

Name: Sorrow

Physical Description: A slight shape floating just a little longer then natural as he walks towards you. A Death Jester's mask marred with scratches, bullet marks and painted black tears, hides his face from all. His body is covered with a tattered and stained Harlequin suit. A sharp tube hangs out of his tattered right sleeve, from his lower back peeks the grip of a fusion pistol that has a fancy and decadent grip does not fit with the rest of his outfit. His body is fairly well fed, He moves with a grace and physical confidence that speaks to his years, his sullen demeanor though hints at a younger mind, or one that has regressed.

Personality: Quiet, serious, broken. He moves like an eldar that is lost. He does not know where he is going he only knows he will survive to get there. It has cost him so much to live this long he is not going to give up now. There is an obvious burden on his mind and shoulders. He doesn't share the weight and is lethal to all who ask to much about it.

History: A tube born ganger snuck back stage and hid in the Harlequin's gear when they left Commoragh. He earned a place among them. Many decades later in a raid his troupe joined as peace keepers between the Dark and Craftworld eldar participating in this raid. The Dark eldar forces decided that the craftworld and harlequin would make a great distraction. Abandoned they were slowly killed off, he managed to survive scavenging bits of his troupe's gear from their corpses. He wears the Death jester's helmet and carries his Troupe Master's pistol. In another raid the dark eldar made to this planet, he hopped aboard a raider, the Sybarite let him stay, recognizing his now tattered outfit. Coming back to commoragh he faded in to the under city. Fighting, and killing he earned and keeps a shelter there, every now and then he enters the arena to put on a show to feed his tortured soul. He has a reputation for telling his story to any who does well enough in tracking him down, but then he kills them.

Key Skills: Major Skills: Acrobatics, Melee fighting. Minor Skills: Survival.

Gear: Harlequin's Kiss, Fusion pistol, a necklace with eight random tokens hanging from it. Scavenged food, and a Dark cloak. All his gear looks salvaged from a battlefield but of Harlequin design.

Sample Post:
"So that is how I have gained this place for myself, and enough respect that you were sent after me, but now as you have heard my story, I must maintain that respect" His left hand whips his pistol out from his lower back firing a shot through the hole in wall the slaying the eaves dropper watching threw the scope. in the same instant he activates his holo-suit. Throwing out a riot of blinding color and lights. The Kabalite Warrior that was sitting listening bringing up his splinter carbine spraying the area the being known as Sorrow just occupied.
The young warrior blinks his eyes clear reloading his weapon, then taking a breath the slowly moves forward to check and ensure Sorrow's death. Just before he would see the cooling corpse the slightest whisper of a sound right behind him. The Warrior starts to whirl then a sharp pain lights his nerves on fire.

The warrior's body falls to the ground sliding off Sorrow's spike. "Well that was to easy." His voice empty coming from his mask. His head suddenly cocks hearing a sound. In an instant he starts moving diving out of his shack and bounding up and off the alley walls, getting just far enough above to escape the grim death of a mono-scythe missile. He doesn't slow as he leaps and bounds deeper in to the alley, and in to the under city. "Well this just got interesting"

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12640-band-of-the-unbending-thorn#142250

Still fighting the world and saving damsels in distress. ~Raven

Last edited by ravengoescaw on Fri Feb 01 2013, 09:39; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Missed the gear section and one too many skills.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character   To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To Rise Above the Fall - Out of Character
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next