THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Dark City Swag - Year Two

Go down 
+30
kenny3760
Foo
Shadows Revenge
Darklight
Balisong
Nappen
Devilish
Hess
The Eye of Error
Lord Clazaryn
GAR
Lady Malys
Mushkilla
Kinnay
BerryStyle
Elzadar
Sathonyx
Thor665
Crazy_Irish
Plastikente
Evil Space Elves
Payce
Siticus the Ancient
commandersasha
Darkgreen Pirate
Tiri Rana
baster
Super Dave
Sky Serpent
Baron Tordeck
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Swag
Dice - Again
The Dark City Swag - Year Two Voteba1332%The Dark City Swag - Year Two Voteba15
 32% [ 17 ]
Clothing - Specify in post
The Dark City Swag - Year Two Voteba1332%The Dark City Swag - Year Two Voteba15
 32% [ 17 ]
Dice Bag
The Dark City Swag - Year Two Voteba1325%The Dark City Swag - Year Two Voteba15
 25% [ 13 ]
Decal
The Dark City Swag - Year Two Voteba134%The Dark City Swag - Year Two Voteba15
 4% [ 2 ]
Dog Tag
The Dark City Swag - Year Two Voteba132%The Dark City Swag - Year Two Voteba15
 2% [ 1 ]
Other - Post your vote
The Dark City Swag - Year Two Voteba135%The Dark City Swag - Year Two Voteba15
 5% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 53

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

The Dark City Swag - Year Two Empty
PostSubject: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 20:21

Ok ladies and germs its that time of year again. Once again I will be organizing a major order of Dark City exclusive merch. After the success of last years dice order I am looking forward to this years swag.

You will have until January 6 2359 EST to decide exactly what it is we are going with for this year's swag. Vote wisely your future depends on it.

Last edited by Baron Tordeck on Mon Jan 07 2013, 22:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 20:29

While I am a big t-shirt man. My real clothing love is hooded sweatshirts. (zip up - large logo on back, possible name or forum name on front)
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 20:42

I am very much with you on hooded sweatshirts, that's something I'd love to wear to tournaments - the only thing that worries me is the cost and intricacy of the design but I'm sure EoE could provide a streamlined design?

Dice bags are an easy win, something with a novelty aspect and should be quite cheap.

I was thinking of giving the dice a rest this year but I'd really like some smaller ones, the same size as GW's.

Dog tags are interesting but I'm more in favour of one of the above three.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Super Dave
Hellion
Super Dave

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 21:04

I would definitely be apt to go for that hooded sweatshirt idea. Specifically Tordeck's idea of a zip up one with our names on the front and the design on the back.

It got my vote.
Back to top Go down
baster
Kabalite Warrior
baster

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 21:04

i would love a hoody not overly keen on a zip up, a sweat shirt one would be great, although i am interested in dice and dice bag too.
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 21:22

I love the hoody idea, but only if it's a zip up one.
Dice bag and dog tags would be great too.
Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 21:23

In a previous life, I sold corporate logo'd merchandise, so I have some idea of what it takes to setup/digitize logos.

Our logo is awesome however it is crazy detailed. Even with a simplified version, depending on size, we are getting into ridiculous stitch counts if you want to embroider it and higher stitch counts = higher set up and per piece run costs. Digitizing embroidery logos is a specialized process, and typically costs per stitch with a substantial minimum cost. If you decal or silkscreen it you are looking at lower per piece cost but with multiple coulours it starts to catch up a little closer to embroidery. With any logo work you are looking at a substantial set up cost. Typically its a one time set up so for a multinational company running several hundred/thousand pieces its not very cost inhibitive, but for small 100 piece max orders it can add substantially to the cost of the item.

That being said, if we were to use just the lettering, "Dark City" whether over the left chest or across the back, in embroidery or in screening/decalling; we would save on setup and per piece cost. As far as individual names go it would add quite a bit to the cost and be a logistical nightmare, I suggest you visit your local t-shirt shop and get them to stitch a name on, far less opportunity for confusion that way.

We could also look at doing a badge/name tag that could be sewn or heatset onto a backpack/carrycase/sweater of our own choice.
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 22:04

Personally I'm on a limited budget, and would prefer a badge, ideally an iron-on/sew-on embroidered one; I'd have at least 3, to go on my army bags next to my BolterAndChainsword ones Cool
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 22:06

Personally, I'd like a t-shirt, since I don't wear hoodies all that much, and the only times I do, they're zip-up's. A dice bag would be fantastic too, though!
Back to top Go down
Payce
Slave
Payce

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 22:23

I voted dice, as one can never have enough dice. However, I'll likely to buy whichever is chosen - for the community!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 22:42

I voted T-shirt, though I think that a lot of people were really bummed to miss out on the dice order last year. All the guys at the LFGS really thought they were a fantastic item. Not keen on the hoodies as I don't really wear them all that much(I'm in California where we don't get much use out of them Cool )
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite
Plastikente

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 22:43

Dice Bag.

I have plenty of clothes.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 23:37

Well i choose the dice, as I have missed the last batch. But I will tag along with either.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31 2012, 00:56

Evil Space Elves wrote:
California where we don't get much use out of them Cool )
Same deal in Florida, natch. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sathonyx
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31 2012, 01:21

I'm new to the site and hadn't played since 3rd ed (mid 90's), so I'd have to go with dice. I need a change in dice anyway........WAY TOO MANY 1's
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31 2012, 01:41

T-shirts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BerryStyle
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31 2012, 10:28

What about logo patches that can easily be sown onto jackets and such? It's then up to the buyer if he wants a big one for the back, or a small one on the chest/shoulder. Can also be applied on bags and pretty much anything that can be penetrated by a needle.

Keychains?

Other than that, it's T-shirts for me
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31 2012, 10:33

Dice bags all the way. Subtle yet powerful and not as nerdy as a hoodie or shirt. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31 2012, 14:21

Dice Bag. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31 2012, 16:33

Interesting to see a three way split between dice, clothing and dice bags.

I'd like to say that it will be best that we concentrate on doing just one (or what else will we do next year...)
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01 2013, 03:23

I must admit, I hadn't thought of hoodies and living somewhere cold I would like a zippy one. I like dice, but I have really (technically ... honest ... ) got enough dice and as for dice bags, I make them! But if hoodies prove too hard on the ££ I would go for tshirts.

EDIT: Now I know what SWAG! referred to Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01 2013, 16:29

I like the zip up hoody, and I voted for it, but I honestly would not wear it too much here in South Texas. But on a day like today I would totally be wearing it.

What might a little more season neutral would be some kind of jersey. I like football ( American Football ) jerseys, and have actually costed out a couple, they come in around $50-60 USD.

What is also nice is a baseball jersey, they're a little cheaper, but also look pretty sporty nice for any environment.

I have seen hockey jerseys done up really nicely, but the material tends to be really thick and heavy,so I sould not a hockey jersey.

Bowling shirts could be really nice too.

I would vote/request for some kind of jersey that could be worn in any climate.
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Lord Clazaryn
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Clazaryn

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02 2013, 01:51

What about if we did dice again but in a subtly different colour than just plain black, or at least different pips. I got the dice last year but I don't have any others so I have to roll my blasters separately etc and it gets inconvenient. That way people who participated last year could still get something out of it.
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02 2013, 02:26

I vote for T-Shirts / Hoodie.

Even though the logo is complicated it can be very easily rendered digitally on clothing through various companies like zazzle.com and others. I've done it before with many other complicated logos I've designed such as my own blog logo.

I would handle the final setup of the shirts for printing so there wouldn't be any issues anyone has to deal with other than paying for them and scheduling delivery. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://eyeoferror.blogspot.com/
Hess
Hellion
Hess

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02 2013, 07:39

Voted for dice, something you can show off every time you play. The dice bag would have the same effect
Back to top Go down
http://www.mein.dk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City Swag - Year Two   The Dark City Swag - Year Two I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dark City Swag - Year Two
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next