THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hullo! and please help me with a 1750p list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashdil
Slave

Hullo! and please help me with a 1750p list Empty
PostSubject: Hullo! and please help me with a 1750p list   Hullo! and please help me with a 1750p list I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03 2013, 19:22

Hullo all!

I will thanks to painting an army for a friend get my hands on some nice dark eldar models to start a force with!
Now I love lists, and making DE ones are no different!
I do have one problem, I like to many of the models! I want it all in the list!
I wonder if the following list would work well vs most armies. I way of models I have 10 Hellions, 1 Hemonoculus and a battleforce on the way. After that I can change everything, but I might not want to =) My idea of a good start is that above plus another battleforce.
Here is the list, so many nice advice please!

HQ, Baron Sathonyx

1 Hemonuculus, VB and Liquifirer gun
HQ total 180p

Troops:
10 Kabalite warriors, raider, splinter racks, night shields, splinter cannon

10 Kabalite warriors, raider, splinter racks and night sails

5 Wyches, haywire grenades, Venom splinter cannon

5 wyches, haywire grenades, Venom, splinter cannon

9 Hellions

4 wracks, venom splinter cannon

troops total 879p

6 Reavers, 2 heat lances

5 Scourges, 2 blasters

Fast attack total 296p

1 Voidraven bomber, flicker field

1 Ravager DL

1 Talos pain engine, twin liquifirer gun

Heavy total, 375p

Army total: 1730p

So a few ponits to spare, some champ upgrades perhaps somewhere. So will this list work, or is it missing somehting, or is it just a little to much of everything?

Some things like the voidraven can quickly turn to a razorwing instead. Dicthing a warrior and a hellion leaves room for another Hemonuculus. So will this fall flat, or is it as I hope a jack of all trades. I dont wnat to steamroll in a tournament, but I want to be able to get a win now and then no matter who I fight.
So whats the armys weak point?

I have read in the shadows here for the last few days, and there seems to be a great many minds to how DE work here!
Back to top Go down
Slylith
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Hullo! and please help me with a 1750p list   Hullo! and please help me with a 1750p list I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05 2013, 01:42

Hey there, I'm not very experienced, but seeing as there aren't any other replies as yet I thought I'd throw in my own 2 cents. Your unit loadouts seem pretty standard (a good thing), but the list itself seems somewhat haphazard.

The Talos doesn't seem to mesh well (It's slow and probably needs a portal), and you're not making full use of the Haemonculus with only 1 Wrack squad and no Shattershard. I would also be more inclined towards Haywire Blasters for both the Scourges and the Talos (if you don't replace it with another Ravager). The Wych Squads, Reavers, and Venoms are fun, and you'll probably want more Hellions.

That's all I've got, best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Ashdil
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Hullo! and please help me with a 1750p list   Hullo! and please help me with a 1750p list I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08 2013, 19:24

Thanks for the input!
If I take haywire blasters for the scourges, I will have another 10p, so 30 for something else, could get a few updated units.

But i thought I might try and get a few more wracks in, and give them a raider. Would 7-8 do better then 4, with the heamonoculus. Could that work, or is a smaller unit with a vnom better?

I thought to have the haemon start with scourges and then jump into the venom and leaving the pain token in the unit.

Also what missiles would do the best alround job? I have been thinking about the toxic ones. So that it is easier to wound everything.

Would be nice with a few more inputs on the list!
Back to top Go down
Slylith
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Hullo! and please help me with a 1750p list   Hullo! and please help me with a 1750p list I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 01:17

Ok, so here is a "good" list (Apologies, I'm having trouble formatting the links),

http://fortykwc.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/256-first-de-for-6th-edition/

here is my list (Still no replies -_-),

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t5131-1850-revised-royalty

and here is a tactics article I like.

http://www.1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/6th_Edition_Tactics/Dark_Eldar

But Slylith, you must be asking yourself, what does this have to do with my list? (Feel free to add profanity to the previous statement) Well I'm just trying to give a background of where I'm coming from when I critique your list. Please note I posted the "good" list (250pts above your limit, but still educational) and my own list separately. Everything in my list I chose and justified in comparison to "good" lists like the one above. My list is worse, but I made it that way because I feel it has more character. In any event, this is where I'm coming from.

In general, Haemunculi are an excellent HQ choice that let you spam Venoms with cheap scoring Wracks. Pain Token shenanigans, like you mentioned, are effective but I do not have much experience with them. I believe they're more useful for units that are going to assault something. There's also a general list building rule in 40k that you should put "boys before toys." With Dark Eldar, this means you want more units as opposed to larger units. Wracks and Haemunculi let you do that more easily, because of their low point cost. You also need turn 1 antitank and that means Ravagers, which are also cheap. DE players also usually swear by Blasterborn (4 Trueborn with Blasters in a Venom). These elements are generally thought to make a "competitive" DE list. Anybody, please correct me If I'm wrong on that.

Haemunculi are good with Power Axes and the Shattershard, and Wracks are meant to be cheap to buy more Venoms. Large groups were more viable when you could assault out of portals. Sathonyx is good, but does better with Beastmaster squads as opposed to Hellions. A general build for those is 4-5 Beastmasters with 6 Razorwings and 5-10 Kymerae. I would personally pick only one of the these two HQ options and focus on what it unlocks. That does not necessarily mean more Hellions with the Baron, as they are mediocre at best. If your leaning towards the Baron, my list above might be a good starting place.

What I've considered doing, and you might as well as you already have a mix of models, is creating two Dark Eldar lists. A lower points level Haemunculi portal list (so you can use the Talos and Scourges more effectively), and a higher level Baron list that has more vehicles. Then again I like lists with "character" (aka wasted points for fluff reasons) and have fun making themed lists. In any event, there are some more of my thoughts. Hopefully somebody competent will stop by and disabuse me of my silly notions.
Back to top Go down
Ashdil
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Hullo! and please help me with a 1750p list   Hullo! and please help me with a 1750p list I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 13:09

I see what you mean. But for me I wont make that super list for tournaments. But I do want to be able to winn. I am thinking of making two lists. As I intend to build the army around two battleforces. So perhaps redo the troop section. And use 2x 10 wyches with raiders. 15 warriors to jump in from portal, with talos perhaps. And then take 4 trueborn with blasters and venom. I Will have to skip on the scourges though. But that only means this first list will be cheaper and done sooner. I might get rid of the baron, as I normaly dont like to use special chars.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Hullo! and please help me with a 1750p list   Hullo! and please help me with a 1750p list I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 20:31

the list looks decent... The only thing I can say is hellions squad needs to be bigger to be effective, but that is just in my experience. Try it out and see how it runs for you. Other additions I would do is give the hellions a helliarch w/ power weapon/agoniser and a PGL, so baron can stroll off if he has too, and the squad will still have grenades.

How to get points... maybe droping the scourges, or switching the void raven to a ravager
Back to top Go down
Ashdil
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Hullo! and please help me with a 1750p list   Hullo! and please help me with a 1750p list I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 21:07

First just to add more to what Slylith said.
I have seen all thoose fine lists with beastmasters all over the place, but I am not that keen on the models.
But the other idea I had was more boys instead of toys, by haveing more wyches and so on. But =) I have a new list! Oh how I love this bit, trying to get everything I want into the list.

@ shadows with the above lists as it stands I can fit in the helliarch and PGL with points still not used and some small changes on the other units.

But! again, in this new list i skip on the baron, and use more of what I like. So here is the second draft so to say.

Succubus, power weapon (what fits best here? Sword, axe or something else?)

Haemonculus, liquifier gun, venom blade and webway portal.
HQ total: 180p

Troops
15 kabalite warriors

10 Wyches, haywire grenades, raider, night shields

9 Wyches, haywire grenades, raider, night shields

4 Wracks, venom, splinter cannon, night shields

5 wrakcs, liquifier gun, venom, splinter cannon, night shields
Troops total 753p

Fast attack
6 Reavers, 2 blasters

10 Hellions

5 Scourges, 2 haywire blaster

Fast attack total 452p
Heavy support
1 ravager

1 Voidraven

1 Talos painengine, twin-linked liquifier gun

Heavy support total 365p

Army total, 1750p

With a few changes I could get a Helliarch and PGL here aswell. Perhaps dropping the voidraven for a ravager and units upgrades. My basic idea is to have the talos and kabalite warriors to entr via the WWP perhaps the Scourges aswell, but they might start on the table.

Back to top Go down
Ashdil
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Hullo! and please help me with a 1750p list   Hullo! and please help me with a 1750p list I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24 2013, 07:39

After getting more help in the tactic section on what elite unit I should take with the army I had in mind, I had to make a few changes. I have now made a list with grots in them, and thanks to thier costs in points is more then the other choices I had a few big chnanges was needed.

Succubus, Venom blade

Haemy, liquigun

Elites:
4 Grotesques, liquigun, raider, enhanced eathersails

Troops:
10 warriors, splinter cannon, raider with splinter racks

15 warriors, splinter cannon, Sybarite

5 Wyches, haywire grenades, venom with splinter cannon

5 Wyches, haywire grenades, venom with splinter cannon

Fast attack
10 Hellions

5 Scourges, 2 haywire blasters

6 reavers, 2 blaster

Heavy support:
Voidraven bomber, flickerfield

1 ravager, night shields

1 Talos, twin liquigun

Total, 1747p

So changes are that most night shields are gone, and also had to give the grots the second warriors raider. I will use the 15 strong unit as objectiv holders. even without nightshields I think this can work well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hullo! and please help me with a 1750p list   Hullo! and please help me with a 1750p list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hullo! and please help me with a 1750p list
Page 1 of 1