THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Angry Hornets List 1750p

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
benmannen6
Slave

Angry Hornets List 1750p Empty
PostSubject: Angry Hornets List 1750p   Angry Hornets List 1750p I_icon_minitimeWed May 07 2014, 17:24

I had an idea of the stirred Hornets nest... An angry swarm that exits through two web way portals. I tired it a little bit and it just didn't work well. I've found portals to do best when they just deliver small snooty units. Units that will take pot shots and then sit by objectives.

So I dropped the portals and got me a bunch of units that could deep strike... And the Baron makes Hellions troops which is great. Hellions though are made of paper... 5+ save means no save in 40k. And they are quite expensive, so I included a larger unit with the Baron to suck up shooting.

I've played it a little bit, I liked Scourges with it. More troops that deep strike  Smile I've played a little bit with some beasts but am bored with them, I usually include one or two units. It would be more fun to include some other troop types... So I might bring back a unit of Scourges.

Lindaa is also in it just for fun. I like the Succubus I have painted up for the list.

So this is what it looks like right now:

The Angry Hornets v1.0

Baron Sathonyx
Lindaa (Succubus): agoniser; splinter pistol; haywire grenades

14 Hellions: Helliarch (splinter pistol; power weapon)
8 Hellions: Helliarch (splinter pistol; power weapon; phantasm grenade launcher)
8 Hellions: Helliarch (splinter pistol; power weapon; phantasm grenade launcher)
8 Wyches: shardnet and impaler; haywire grenades; Hekatrix (venom blade)
• Raider: night shields
5 Wyches: haywire grenades
• Venom: splinter cannon; night shields

6 Reavers: 2× cluster caltrops; Arena Champion (venom blade)
3 Reavers: blaster
3 Beastmasters: 5× Khymerae; 3× Razorwing Flock

Talos Pain Engine: chain-flails
Voidraven Bomber

1750 points
Back to top Go down
Anterzhul
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Angry Hornets List 1750p   Angry Hornets List 1750p I_icon_minitimeTue May 13 2014, 18:24

Depending on what you usually play against, consider swapping the cluster caltrops for heat lances: you seem a bit light on AT and cluster caltrops are very expensive for what they do(40 points for swapping 4 S4 hits for 7 S6 hits on avg)

Also, consider giving the Talos a liquifier and constantly remind your opponent that a T7 MC with 33% chance for an AP 1/2 template with reroll to wound is coming towards his expensive terminators  Twisted Evil 

Scourges are an easily underestimated unit imo, and they are able to fulfill a multitude of roles, again highly customisable due to meta (And the models are gorgeous )

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Angry Hornets List 1750p   Angry Hornets List 1750p I_icon_minitimeWed May 14 2014, 21:25

Good feedback, thanks!

I was actually looking at the list and felt like it didn't have enough hornets. So I removed the beasts and the Bomber, and added some Jetbikes and Grotesques workers for the angry Succubus Queen.

Scourges might be the next thing to try out. I like them Swap 2 units of bikes for 2 x 6 scourges or so...

The Angry Hornets v1.1

Baron Sathonyx 105
Lindaa (Succubus): agoniser; splinter pistol; haywire grenades 90

3 Grotesques: liquifier gun 115
• Raider: grisly trophies; night shields 75

14 Hellions: Helliarch (splinter pistol; power weapon) 239
8 Hellions: Helliarch (splinter pistol; power weapon; phantasm grenade launcher) 163
8 Hellions: Helliarch (splinter pistol; power weapon; phantasm grenade launcher) 163
6 Wyches: haywire grenades; Hekatrix (venom blade) 87
• Raider: grisly trophies; night shields 75
5 Wyches: haywire grenades 60
• Venom: splinter cannon; night shields 75

5 Reavers: cluster caltrops; Arena Champion (venom blade) 145
3 Reavers: blaster 81
6 Reavers: 2× heat lance; Arena Champion 166

Talos Pain Engine: chain-flails 110

1 749 points
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Angry Hornets List 1750p   Angry Hornets List 1750p I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angry Hornets List 1750p
Page 1 of 1