THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

GW CEO Steps Down

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

GW CEO Steps Down Empty
PostSubject: GW CEO Steps Down   GW CEO Steps Down I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2013, 12:08

Mark Wells has stepped down and will be replaced in the short term by Chairman Tom Kirby.

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

GW CEO Steps Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW CEO Steps Down   GW CEO Steps Down I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2013, 15:23

Not really a surprise.

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

GW CEO Steps Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW CEO Steps Down   GW CEO Steps Down I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2013, 15:26

Thor665 wrote:
Not really a surprise.

Why?

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

GW CEO Steps Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW CEO Steps Down   GW CEO Steps Down I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2013, 15:53

I actually heard about this awhile ago through some of my contacts. Apearantly the US side of GW got "restructured" as well... so this is a very interesting times for our beloved company

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

GW CEO Steps Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW CEO Steps Down   GW CEO Steps Down I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2013, 15:59

Mushkilla wrote:
Thor665 wrote:
Not really a surprise.

Why?
There's been some...'concerns' with some of his business plans for about a year now. Some people go so far as to call it basically cooking the books, but even a more reasonable thought process is that he was too concerned about the apperance of the bottom line and not the overall health of the company.

I have little sadness in seeing him gone.

Back to top Go down
Delvian
Hellion
Delvian

GW CEO Steps Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW CEO Steps Down   GW CEO Steps Down I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2013, 18:52

Definitely not surprised by what Thor is saying. I think this is being communicated down the channel to the guys on the shop floor. Rather than providing excellent service like they used to & letting the products themselves do the selling, they are becoming quite pushy for a sale Sad

My sister in law went in to pick up a voucher for my birthday. Rather than just helping her with her request and leaving it at that (bare in mind the sale was already there), they started questioning her on if she would ever consider modelling or gaming herself. When she turned them down, they pressed on what she does like to do, and she said reading. So in they go with 'why don't you try a sci-fi novel' ! ....Give the woman a break!

They make the best model soldiers in the world, the best game, awesome fluff etc. GW head office & design team I just can't fault one bit. However their high street stores just aren't the same Sad at least in the UK anyway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GW CEO Steps Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW CEO Steps Down   GW CEO Steps Down I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GW CEO Steps Down
Page 1 of 1