THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Pt Mini-Tournament List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GreySeerZ
Hellion
GreySeerZ

1500 Pt Mini-Tournament List Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Pt Mini-Tournament List   1500 Pt Mini-Tournament List I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 14:35

Hey fellow pain feeders!

So I have a 1.5k tournament coming up sometime in July. A bunch of my friends who laughed when I decided to go with Dark Eldar will be playing and I want their smiles to turn into grimaces of pain!

Anyway, I've been playing with a bunch of lists, and while I've had tons of success with dark light listing, I wanted to start a themed army that could still be somewhat competitive. So I give you.

Baron Von Sathonyx's Flying Circus!

HQ

Baron Sathonyx (105)

Troops

10 Wyches: Hekatrix, Agonizer, Haywire Grenades (220)
Raider: Flickerfield

18 Hellions 288

Fast Attack

6 Reaver Jetbikes: 2x Heat Lance (156)

Heavy Support

Cronos Parasite Engine: Spirit Vortex (100)

Ravager: 3x DL Flickerfield, Night Shields (125)

Total: 1495 pts

Ok, so basically the Cronos provides PT generation outside using haemonculi. RJBs and Ravagers are anti-tank. Wyches/Hellions are for some CC goodness, grenades help wyches if they get stuck with a Dreadnaught. Baron trys to help grab first to help Cronos get generating before its desetroyed.

Ok, so obviously some things could be added. The duke would be awesome, but I probably wouldn't add til 2k. I had thought about maybe including some trueborn/warriors in venoms as well (since the vehicle count is rather low at 4, though hellions should provide them cover while they advance). For these I was going to use oldschool Eldar aspect warriors, with dark eldar patterns and painting on parts of them to be jesters. I like the idea of DE taking the armor from the Eldar dead and using them to perform tricks and jokes.

Anyway, what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Pt Mini-Tournament List   1500 Pt Mini-Tournament List I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 16:26

GreySeerZ wrote:

Baron Von Sathonyx's Flying Circus!

HQ

Baron Sathonyx (105)

Yep solid cheap hq

Troops

You can get away with 7 and still be effective

As above

18 Hellions 288
Ok but try to get a helliarch with an agoniser in here to help with combat res

Fast Attack

A lot of points in a fragile unit personally I'd lose one unit and split the other into 2 3 man squads w/heatlance

Heavy Support

This is gonna suffer it is slow and will be an anti-tank fire magnet

Industry standard

Total: 1495 pts

My comments in red.

Not a bad start I'd trim a few bits and try to get a 3rd unit of wyches in but YMMV.

Hellion
GreySeerZ

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Pt Mini-Tournament List   1500 Pt Mini-Tournament List I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 17:15

K, what about this:

HQ

Baron Sathonyx (105)

Troops

7 Wyches: Hekatrix, Agonizer, Haywire Grenades (196)

17 Hellions: Helliarch, Agonizer (297)

Fast Attack

3 Reaver Jetbikes: Heat Lance (78)

3 Reaver Jetbikes: Heat Lance (78)

Heavy Support

Total: 1496 pts

I'd really like to keep the Cronos, sure it will be drawing fire, but with the hellion wall, I should be getting cover saves as well as FnP and every shot directed at it will not be hitting my precious ravagers and raiders. But how does the rest look?

I could drop some more hellions and get another heatlance bike squad. I also left wyches bare bones, I could buff them with some weapons as well. I figure this will give me a fair amount of capturing units (4 troops) some decent AT (haywires, 6 dark lances, 2 heat lances) and some CC punch with wyches and hellions. some of which will gain chronos pain tokens before hitting (hes got a 18" pain token generating radius, so he should be in position to hit at least 1/2 units).
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Pt Mini-Tournament List   1500 Pt Mini-Tournament List I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 18:02

I like it try it and see how you go.

The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Pt Mini-Tournament List   1500 Pt Mini-Tournament List I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 01:41

I have to disagree with SD on the Reavers, 3 is too little. need to be two units of 6 or none at all.

Based off your 1st list I would drop a 2 hellions to get the helliarch w/ agoinser
and 1 wych from each squad to turn that chronos into a 3rd rav.

that should put you ~11 pts under, just enough to put grisly trophies on your wych raiders.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
GreySeerZ
Hellion
GreySeerZ

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Pt Mini-Tournament List   1500 Pt Mini-Tournament List I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 03:14

Baron Tordeck wrote:
I have to disagree with SD on the Reavers, 3 is too little. need to be two units of 6 or none at all.

Based off your 1st list I would drop a 2 hellions to get the helliarch w/ agoinser
and 1 wych from each squad to turn that chronos into a 3rd rav.

that should put you ~11 pts under, just enough to put grisly trophies on your wych raiders.

Yea. I always thought 6 was the magic number. 3 die too easily. Though I will try both. I do agree on the helliarch with agonizer as well. Without the chronos don't you feel that I will have too little FnP to survive? I would still like to include it as I find triravagers boring and predictable. If they target my chronos, probably due to fear, good. They aren't killing my ravagers. If they target my ravagers my cronos is helping out the rest of the army. I hate that the answer to any list is throw in 3 ravagers and call it a day. Are lists really not viable without them?
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Pt Mini-Tournament List   1500 Pt Mini-Tournament List I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 04:10

I understand where you are coming from, but I have yet to see a build that is viable w/o trirav or rav and flyer mix. Chronos/Talos only realyl work in a WWP list.

But if your set on it. Find the pts and give it the probe too.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Pt Mini-Tournament List   1500 Pt Mini-Tournament List I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 12:11

tbh I don't think triple Ravager is mandatory if you can fit those lance shots somewhere else. 2 is pretty much necessary tho. I think Chronos could fulfill a broadly similar role as the flyer by shooting pieplates and flamer attacks at hordes, and would also hand fnp which is very handy for the Hellions.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Pt Mini-Tournament List   1500 Pt Mini-Tournament List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 Pt Mini-Tournament List
Page 1 of 1