THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500pt Mini-Tournament List 3

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GreySeerZ
Hellion
GreySeerZ

1500pt Mini-Tournament List 3 Empty
PostSubject: 1500pt Mini-Tournament List 3   1500pt Mini-Tournament List 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13 2011, 02:34

Alright, so I've attempted to revise my WWP list for 1500 pt tournament play. What do you think?:

1500 Pts - Dark Eldar Roster

Total Roster Cost: 1500

HQ: Baron Sathonyx (1#, 105 pts)

HQ: Haemonculi (185 pts)
1 Haemonculus + Webway Portal + Shattershard
1 Haemonculus + Webway Portal

Troops: Wracks (180 pts)
6 Wracks + Liquifier Gun
1 Acothyst + Agoniser
1 Raider + Flickerfield

Troops: Wracks (180 pts)
6 Wracks + Liquifier Gun
1 Acothyst + Agoniser
1 Raider + Flickerfield

Troops: Hellion (185 pts)
9 Hellion
1 Helliarch + Agoniser

Fast Attack: Reavers (156 pts)
6 Reavers + Heat Lance x2

Fast Attack: Beastmasters (114 pts)
2 Beastmasters
5 Khymerae
2 Razorwing Flocks

Heavy Support: Talos Pain Engine (120 pts)
1 Talos Pain Engine + Chain-flails + TL Heat Lance

Heavy Support: Talos Pain Engine (120 pts)
1 Talos Pain Engine + Chain-flails + TL Heat Lance

Heavy Support: Razorwing Jetfighter (155 pts)
1 Razorwing Jetfighter + Flickerfield

So I've buffed up the wrack squads, to actually put out some damage and hold objectives. The shattershard on the 1 haemonculus was really just to use up 15 pts as a hellion would have cost 16 Sad. Let me know what you guys think. Would this be competitive? Are there any changes I could make?
Back to top Go down
DarkVect
Slave
DarkVect

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Mini-Tournament List 3   1500pt Mini-Tournament List 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13 2011, 12:54

A good army list in my opinion, for you two Haemonculus they both have Webway Portals, which squad(s) are you planning to deploy out of there? If I was you, I would ( If* your playing objectives ) put the Haemi with the Wracks so they benifit from the FC UNR. And then start to take your Hellions from the Webway Portal to take care of incoming contesters and then your Wracks can with stand fire from the opposing side, and they can charge into combat at str 4 and have re-roll to wound again MEQ's, if they need to. Cool
Back to top Go down
GreySeerZ
Hellion
GreySeerZ

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Mini-Tournament List 3   1500pt Mini-Tournament List 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13 2011, 14:36

Yes, the idea was to put the haemis in with the wracks inside the raiders. Move those 12" forward first turn into different areas of the board, disembark the squads, and deploy WWPs. 12" puts them in the middle of the board, and if spread equally from the ends and themselves should give the beasts and hellions the ability to assault the majority of the board. I would also try to position the WWPs near placed objectives in order to basically ensure that there is always a unit coming out to contest just incase. Hellions can grab last turn objective while wracks hold and defend 2 others.

In Annihilation missions I would basically plink away from range and try to deny KPs, which isn't normally a tactic for DE, but with this resilient force I think I could win using this playstyle.

Now, as for WWP units, the hellions, reavers, beasts and both talos would come from WWP. This will let me put them where I need them, and gets them within threat range without receiving too much inc fire. Hellions, reavers and beasts should be great portal units as they have very large assault/movement bubbles.

The only thing I was considering was possibly replacing the wracks with basic warriors, in order to give them some shooting capability while they objective sit, and to free up some points to increase the size of the hellion squad. Warriors aren't as resilient, however, and taking heavy fire will most likely force them to go to ground, much like the wracks, however they have less toughness and CC potential. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Mini-Tournament List 3   1500pt Mini-Tournament List 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13 2011, 15:31

I like this list a lot more than the last one.
The warriors is an interesting idea, given that they would have FnP from the haemi's anyway, how much less resilient than the wracks are they really. If you go to ground on an objective they will be pretty hard to shift.
More hellions is always good with the Baron around
Back to top Go down
GreySeerZ
Hellion
GreySeerZ

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Mini-Tournament List 3   1500pt Mini-Tournament List 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14 2011, 12:30

So I attempted adding warriors. In order to make them as effective I assumed they'd have to be at least the same size as the wrack units, so 7 with a blaster. Turns out it lets me boost my hellion squad from 10 models to 14, which would definitely make them more resilient.

So basically I would be giving up 1T 1A 2x liquifier gun, 2x agonizer and a pain token for shooting, 2x blasters and 4 additional hellions. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Mini-Tournament List 3   1500pt Mini-Tournament List 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14 2011, 13:24

Although the blaster seems like a good idea, I have just dropped mine from warrior squads. I found it too unreliable and made the squad a bit unfocussed. If your firing the blaster at a vehicle then the rest of the squad is standing there twiddling their thumbs waiting on blaster man, hoping he does his job. Other times you may well be going to ground on objectives

I'd probably drop the blasters and boost the squad numbers.
Back to top Go down
GreySeerZ
Hellion
GreySeerZ

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Mini-Tournament List 3   1500pt Mini-Tournament List 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29 2011, 16:43

kenny3760 wrote:
Although the blaster seems like a good idea, I have just dropped mine from warrior squads. I found it too unreliable and made the squad a bit unfocussed. If your firing the blaster at a vehicle then the rest of the squad is standing there twiddling their thumbs waiting on blaster man, hoping he does his job. Other times you may well be going to ground on objectives

What would you suggest taking? Or should I take no special weapons with those squads? I like the idea of keeping them cheap, but I have a lot of anti-troop units pouring out of web portals. What I am worried about is At, hence the blasters, but if you think something else would be better let me know Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Kabalite Warrior
Fletch

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Mini-Tournament List 3   1500pt Mini-Tournament List 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29 2011, 21:13

Just curious, if you still plan on keeping the Haem's with the Wracks why leave the Heamonculus without an Agonizer but then turn around and buy it for the Wrack squad leader (Acothyst)?

As you know the Haemonculus has 2A base and +1A for the off hand (splinter pistol) for a total of 3 base attacks with said Agonizer and 2 wounds to boot. The Acothyst also has 2A base but no pistol and has another "special CCW, i.e. poision 4+" so you cannot combine them for the +1 off-hand bonus leaving you at 2 base attacks. So you're spending a 10 point premium for one less attack.

Now one perk is your Acothyst cannot be easily targetted in HtH as compared to an IP but when it comes to wound allocating he can and is actually easier to snipe when the unit takes fire as compared to the Haemonculus due to the Haemonculus having 2 wounds.

Again, same thing can be said about the lack of Liquifier on the Haemonculus, if he is going to hang with a unit with one why not have one himself doubling your firepower? If you're planning on stealing his PT and running him off alone to die once his WWP has been deployed, well what a waste IMHO, if not do him up right. Now that you have saved 60 points in Acothyst costs (keeping the unit at 7 Wracks) you can afford to give your Haem's an Agonizer and another weapon, maybe a liquifier for the one without the shattershard or possibly a Hexrifle, CoM, Orb of Dispair, or liquifiers for both saving the shattershard "as needed" or just buy 1 or 2 more Wracks.

Yes, you don't have the "hidden PW" factor but you gained 2 Agonizer attacks and another template weapon or two or something else even more fun (Hexrifle, CoM, Orb). I think you can live without it unless your dice miss LD9.

*PS*
Another thing you could think about is keeping one of the Acothyst with Agonizer and drop the other saving 30 points. Now with that 30 points you can buy each Haemonculus a Power Weapon (10ea) and the Haem without the Shattershard a Liquifier. Now since each unit will have FC because of the two PTs the Haems will be charging in at Str 4 with their Power Weapons (so wounding most on 3 or 4+). Acothyst's don't have the option for Power Weapons (it would be a nice 10pt option) but Haemonculus do which is awesome when you're starting with 2 Pain Tokens and Furious Charge. This option gives you even more Power Weapon Attacks (4 more) and another Template Weapon over your current list.

-OR-

If you really want to beef up that Hellion squad without loosing some PW punch think about this....Drop both Acothysts and 1 Khymera. With 72 points....Buy 2 more Hellions, 2 Power Weapons for the Haemonculus, and 1 more Razorwing Flock. This also leaves 5 points for a Venomblade for one of the BMs, Stinger Pistol for a Haem, or a Raider upgrade (ES, SP, TGL, GT, etc).

"If 50 million people believe a foolish idea, it's still a foolish idea"
- unknown
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Mini-Tournament List 3   1500pt Mini-Tournament List 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30 2011, 09:48

GreySeerZ wrote:
kenny3760 wrote:

What would you suggest taking? Or should I take no special weapons with those squads? I like the idea of keeping them cheap, but I have a lot of anti-troop units pouring out of web portals. What I am worried about is At, hence the blasters, but if you think something else would be better let me know Very Happy.

After a bit of experimenting I put the Blaster back in my warrior squads. Just couldn't live without the AT shot possibilities. Given your list, in hindsight I'd do exactly the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Mini-Tournament List 3   1500pt Mini-Tournament List 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500pt Mini-Tournament List 3
Page 1 of 1