THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1.5k grotty star, dukey star?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
curebdc
Hellion
curebdc

1.5k grotty star, dukey star? Empty
PostSubject: 1.5k grotty star, dukey star?   1.5k grotty star, dukey star? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2013, 22:12

So I really want to find a place for grotesques in an army that effectively uses them. I played this once and it did great against a balanced CSM army. Tell me what you think!

HQ- The Duke (150)
HQ- Urien (190)
E- 3 Grotesques and 1 Abberation w/a flesh gaunt. buffed +1 str w/urien. w/RAIDER (250 w/raider)
F-6x reavers 2x heat lances (156)
T-10x warriors w/Splinter Cannon w/RAIDER w/splinter racks (185)
T-10x warriors w/Splinter Cannon and Blaster w/RAIDER (190)
T-5x warriors w/blaster w/VENOM w/2x Splinter Cannons (115)
Hvy-Ravager (105)
Hvy- Ravager (105)
Hvy- Talos w/TL liquifier, Haywire(110)

My plan for the army is to start duke with the 10x warrior squad without the blaster conferring the 3+ poison rule, then have them hop into their splinter rack raider. Duke meanwhile hops into the transport with urien and grots turbo boosting somewhere ASAP. Reavers harass and take out any armor hopefully blade vaning while getting into position. The other warriors start in raider/venom and reposition or start out of their transports and give more targets for the enemy to think about while holding objectives. Ravs sit back and do what they do best.

High targets are going to be the 3+ poison squad and the grots. The 3+ poison is expendable but a nice bonus if it lives, and grots are resilient with 5toughness, FNP, and protected by a 2++ if necessary.

A problem is low troops though... I may equip the talos differently, also dividing up a big squad of warriors or taking a squad of wracks for better objective sitters.

Thoughts?

Oh, looks like Im over about 50pts too, d'oh

Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: 1.5k grotty star, dukey star?   1.5k grotty star, dukey star? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 08:45

Interesting. In this case it maybe worth it to leave off the duke in this list. The3+ poison is nice but youll get better results out of another squad. 340 points in the Hq slot is way to much at 1500 and your right you need more troops. Two options to suggest.
1. Just drop the duke and at a troop choice.
2. Drop urien for a regular haermy with liquifier and venom blade or power axe and drop the duke for a more cc focused Hq that will help your deathstar more. Either the lady for her anti magic buff she would give the unit or a tooled out archon with a pgl to give the unit grenades. This still leaves you with enought points for 3wracks in a venom for another troop choice.
Good luck! Hope this helps.
P.s. give the grots a liquifier. The second best ten points you will ever spend right after the second cannon for the venoms!

Edit: Bad math and I didn't read the part about you being 50 points over. Embarassed my bad.
Back to top Go down
curebdc
Hellion
curebdc

PostSubject: Re: 1.5k grotty star, dukey star?   1.5k grotty star, dukey star? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 15:45

You are right tho thats too much hq at this point level. Usually I make 2k lists... I think ill take out duke and splinter racks. I like urien tho because of the buff to strength for the grots. I think ill try to squeeze 1 or 2 venom squads. Then maybe round this list as is but at 2k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1.5k grotty star, dukey star?   1.5k grotty star, dukey star? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1.5k grotty star, dukey star?
Page 1 of 1