THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Cult of Khaine - 1750 all-comers list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ramtastic
Hellion
ramtastic

The Cult of Khaine - 1750 all-comers list Empty
PostSubject: The Cult of Khaine - 1750 all-comers list   The Cult of Khaine - 1750 all-comers list I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05 2013, 03:00

Since attending a major tourney in QLD last year, I have become addicted to the idea of creating a strong all comers list that can deal with most threats in a pretty confident way.

I have playtested this list a few times and have only lost once in 9 games (dammit Heldrakes), so I feel like im getting pretty close.
Im sure some things will look familiar, but feedback/comments are appreciated.

HQ.
Sliscus - 150

Troops.
Kabalites x20; Splinter cannon x2 - 200
Kabalites x5; Blaster, Venom; SCx2 - 125
Kabalites x5; Blaster, Venom; SCx2 - 125

Fast.
Reavers x9; HL x3, Arena Champion

Heavy.
Ravager; DL x3, NS - 115
Razorwing - 145
Razorwing - 145

Allies - Eldar

HQ.
Eldrad - 210

Troops
Pathfinders x5

Heavy
Warwalkers x2; Scatter lasers x2 (x2)

Fort.
Aegis defence line - 50

The strength of the list is that is pretty flexible and can either be quite defensive or aggressive. the only real danger that I have encountered to the eldrad blob are heldrakes and drop podding dreadnoughts with heavy flamers.
So the Duke and eldrad go with the 20 kabalites behind the aegis, and the walkers or pathfinders sit nearby for prescience benefits.
The ravager and razorwings hunt armour as needed and the venoms can redeploy where you need them.
Its a bit light on troops, but packs a punch and surprisingly tough to kill compared to most eldar lists ive tried.

I guess im trying to strike the balance between my own scoring units, and having enough firepower to kill enemy scoring units.
Have at.

Back to top Go down
Blutvogt
Hellion
Blutvogt

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine - 1750 all-comers list   The Cult of Khaine - 1750 all-comers list I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05 2013, 06:45

i don't understand why you have a defence line without a quad-gun...is it just to park your warriors there and do what? scratch it's a nice target for large blasts/flamers i would guess.
Back to top Go down
Lay_Ayanesha
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine - 1750 all-comers list   The Cult of Khaine - 1750 all-comers list I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05 2013, 10:23

Flamers have to reach you first and large blast doesn't ignore cover save. Just barrage weapons like the mortar ignore the Aegis if the template is landing behind it.
The quad-gun has one massive problem - it dies very fast for its 50points. With his two Razorwing fighters he doesn't need AA on the ground.I would prefer a commsystem for 25 or 35 points which gives you +1 on your reserve rolls.
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine - 1750 all-comers list   The Cult of Khaine - 1750 all-comers list I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05 2013, 10:58

Comm's would be and absolute must in a list with more than one unit in reserves. It can also be used to keeping units in reserve for better targets.

And its only 20 pts and indestructable.
Back to top Go down
ramtastic
Hellion
ramtastic

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine - 1750 all-comers list   The Cult of Khaine - 1750 all-comers list I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06 2013, 00:08

Lay is right, its only really heldrakes and flamers who can threaten you behind the aegis, and it has turned the blob of kabalites into a much harder unit than you would expect.

My other variation of this list is to drop the arena champion and demote the pathfinders to rangers and add in an icarus lascannon. The lascannon is then manned by the duke and provides long range, high str AA & anti tank, something kinda lacking in the list. On the AA front, the razorwings are brilliant and the warwalkers with prescience rerolls are pretty effective too. 16 str 6 shots rerolled more often than not can glance a couple of HPs off an enemy flyer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Khaine - 1750 all-comers list   The Cult of Khaine - 1750 all-comers list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Cult of Khaine - 1750 all-comers list
Page 1 of 1