THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000 Pnt Dark Eldar Army list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ewok
Slave
Ewok

1000 Pnt Dark Eldar Army list Empty
PostSubject: 1000 Pnt Dark Eldar Army list   1000 Pnt Dark Eldar Army list I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04 2015, 15:48

I've just made my first dark Eldar army list.
I don't have any models yet but I think its best to build a list first and than buy/paint the models.

anyway here's the list:

*************** 1 HQ ***************

Archon
- close combat weapon
- Splitter pistol
- Haywire grenades
- Shadow field
- - - > 105 Pnt

*************** 2 Elite ***************

Kabalite True born
5 Kabalite True born
- 3 x Blaster
+ Venom
- Splitter canon
- - - > 165 Pnt

Kabalite True born
5 Kabalite True born
- 3 x Blaster
+ Venom
- Splitter canon
- - - > 165 Pnt

*************** 3 Standard ***************

Witches
9 Witches
- 1 x hydra gauntlets
+ Raider
- Dark lance
- Night field
- - - > 165 Pnt

Witches
9 Witches
- 1 x hydra gauntlets
+ Raider
- Dark lance
- Night field
- - - > 165 Pnt

Witches
5 witches
+ Venom
- Splinter canon
- - - > 115 Pnt

*************** 1 Fast Attack***************

Scourges
5 Scourges
- 4 x Haywireblaster
- - - > 120 pnt

total: 1000 Pnt

I'd like to know what you think about it. Because I don't have any models yet so you can be creative with the advice you give me (if any)

I don't care if the entire list gets rebuild because you convinced me to do so.
Back to top Go down
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Pnt Dark Eldar Army list   1000 Pnt Dark Eldar Army list I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04 2015, 16:38

Can I suggest you take a look at some of the other lists here and read some of the other threads?

If you want to be even slightly competitive (which I assume you do, otherwise you wouldn't ask here), then only the Scourge unit is really of any use at all, the rest of the list is terrible.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Pnt Dark Eldar Army list   1000 Pnt Dark Eldar Army list I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04 2015, 16:47

I wouldn't necessarily say the trueborn units are terrible, but at 1000pts and with only wyches in your troops section, the trueborn are priority number 1 and aren't going to survive very long.

Wyches are pretty much universally acknowledged as a bad option in our codex, and the only lists i've seen including them are designed specifically around getting them into combat. Even then those lists are still only played for friendly games.

The Archon I'm assuming you were planning on putting with one of the wych units and aiming for combat? If so you'll really want to give him some kind of weapon upgrade other than making him slap ineffectively at the enemy. If you really want a combat warlord then the Succubus is a much better choice.

The Scourges are a good choice, you may want to think about whether you want haywire blasters for anti tank reliability or heat lances for shorter ranged versatility and punch, or blasters for mid range jack of all trades. Two squads in a game this size wouldn't be overkill, and they have the added bonus of still getting a save against most standard guns like the bolter, which neither wyches nor warriors do.

Most of all though: What style of play do you want, do you want to attack up close and personal in combat, or would you rather stand off and shoot. Coven units are much better for the former (Grotesques and Pain Engines particularly, not so much the wracks) whilst warriors and support units are better at the latter. If it's the former you want, I'd strongly suggest getting your hands on a copy of the coven supplement, just be aware that their anti tank capability is limited.
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Ewok
Slave
Ewok

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Pnt Dark Eldar Army list   1000 Pnt Dark Eldar Army list I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04 2015, 20:14

Thank you very much for your replies.

I can see my list is horrible and I really need help. The armies that I've played before are: Chaos space marines and Imperial Guard both pretty slow and durable forces. That is one of the reasons why I choose for Dark Eldar for my next army, I really wanted something different.
As a result I don't really know how to utilise agile and fast troops...

For my Dark eldar I've joined an event at my local hobby shop which 'challenges' people to build an army of 1000 pnt in 8 months. At the end of the 8 month period there will be a tournament.
(I thought i'd explain this before we 'continued')

for the list itself I find it really hard to create a Dark Eldar list at 1000 Pnt in which all units co-operate to win the battle.

I would like to see what works the best for you guys so I can get some inspiration on what to do for my list/army

Last edited by Ewok on Wed Feb 04 2015, 20:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ewok
Slave
Ewok

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Pnt Dark Eldar Army list   1000 Pnt Dark Eldar Army list I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04 2015, 20:33

quick question does a single lhamaean fill in the mandatory HQ choice?
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Pnt Dark Eldar Army list   1000 Pnt Dark Eldar Army list I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04 2015, 21:11

Ewok wrote:
quick question does a single lhamaean fill in the mandatory HQ choice?  

Unless you meet someone particularly awkward then yes.

As for a 1000pt list, I would start with a couple of dark lance raiders filled with warriors, add in two scourge units, 1 haywire and 1 heat lance, a dark lance razorwing jet fighter, and an archon with WWP, blaster and shadow field. Then throw in some Reavers to make things up to 1000, taking maximum caltrops and then see what you have left in terms of points.
Back to top Go down
Ewok
Slave
Ewok

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Pnt Dark Eldar Army list   1000 Pnt Dark Eldar Army list I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05 2015, 11:07

Thank you very much for replying (again)

I've been working on a new list and this is what I came up with:

*************** HQ ***************

Court of the Archon

- 1 x lhamaean
- - - > 10 Pnt

*************** 3 Standard ***************
5 Kabalite warriors
- 1 x Blaster
+ Venom
- Splinter canon
- - - > 120 Pnt

5 Kabalite warriors
- 1 x Blaster
+ Venom
- Splinter canon
- - - > 120 Pnt

5 Kabalite warriors
- 1 x Blaster
+ Raider
- Dark lance
- - - > 115 Pnt

*************** 3 Fast Attack***************

Scourges
5 Scourges
- 4 x Haywire blaster
- - - > 120 Pnt

Scourges
5 Scourges
- 4 x Haywire blaster
- - - > 120 Pnt

Razorwing Jetfighter
- 2 x Dark lances
- - - > 140 pnt

*************** 2 heavy suport***************

Ravager
- 3 x Dark lances
- - - > 125 Pnt

Ravager
- 3 x Dark lances
- - - > 125 Pnt

995 Pnt
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Pnt Dark Eldar Army list   1000 Pnt Dark Eldar Army list I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05 2015, 11:20

I'd say that looks much more effective - all the units have an AT option, but there's still plenty of AI in there.

Just don't let anyone get up close! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Pnt Dark Eldar Army list   1000 Pnt Dark Eldar Army list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000 Pnt Dark Eldar Army list
Page 1 of 1