THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Duke's Ride

Go down 
+2
Gobsmakked
Sky Serpent
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Duke's Ride Empty
PostSubject: Duke's Ride   Duke's Ride I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 00:57

So, I've been steadily working on my Dark Eldar army (pics to come soon, promise!) and I was looking at Duke's Venom. Currently it is a Venom with two flags on it and a Trueborn gunner. Discussing with a friend I have thought about possibly extending the back using the Raider and actually placing Sliscus on the back.

Good idea? Have you got a better one? Feedback please.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Duke's Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke's Ride   Duke's Ride I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 02:42

Sounds good, but I would be careful not to introduce too much of the Raider into it, so that it remains readily identifiable as a Venom. Perhaps just use some of the upper-hull elements and foot plating?

What else? A flowing cloak, if you mount him in back. Maybe slightly bigger diameter or extended engine exhausts to denote his ride? Or put both Splinter Cannons on pintle mounts and place one on each side of the extended back, like waist gunners, as a salute to the whole Aerial Assault theme? Add extra blades off some Hellions or Reavers as fins on the exhausts?

Custom splinter racks full of spare custom blades for his Serpent's Bite.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

Duke's Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke's Ride   Duke's Ride I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 19:49

Make sure you represent the Duke appropriately.
Duke's Ride BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFk9xVEZCLThqM3hHdURnOTI2ZVgtOUEAAAACaWQKAXgAAAAEc2l6ZQ

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Duke's Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke's Ride   Duke's Ride I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 20:24

Duke's Ride Jareth
You've made Jareth "not pleased", Torpedo Wink

Anyway I've found this UBER COOL Venoms
Duke's Ride Venom

also, check my Bladewing (Non GW Venom), maybe You could add multiple fins?
Back to top Go down
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

Duke's Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke's Ride   Duke's Ride I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 18:09

One of the long time Eldar players has always been a Saim Hann player, and back when there was still the craftworld book, he was working on the special character. He converted it out of a Vyper, and looked really awesome.

Duke's Ride DSCF3599

Here's a post on his blog with a couple more pics
http://riderofthecosmicserpent.blogspot.com/2009/02/autarchs-of-my-warhost.html
Back to top Go down
SinisterPlank
Hellion

Duke's Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke's Ride   Duke's Ride I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 11:08

I'd love to hear some of your thought paths on this project.
The list I'm currently set on working with features a Duke and 4 TB's in a Venom, naturally, I want to make this Venom trully "pop" on the table, but so far I haven't gotten many ideas.
If you've got any ideas to ball, I'd love to hear them.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Duke's Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke's Ride   Duke's Ride I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 12:21

Well the Trueborn are warriors kitbashed with corsairs and each have a back banner and the Venom has two flags as well to reinforce the look. It'd got a few spikes on there too but otherwise it's pretty standard, just so difficult to work out what to do. To be honest I spent 7 months working out my colour scheme so the solution for this needs to come up a lot quicker.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
SinisterPlank
Hellion

Duke's Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke's Ride   Duke's Ride I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 12:43

I'm terribly stuck on colourscheme aswell >_<
I've got them painted up in a base of turqoise/black, some blended turqouse towards the edges and an extreme highlight of bright blue. I like it, but it's kind of dark, and I'd love to go for something popping and bright, but all my trials have come off not quite right.

For the TBs, I'm considering sculpting a cape from greenstuff, and decorate their helmets, possibly a roman style plume.

I'll be picking up a couple of venoms and some other kits tomorrow, I might get some inspiration from the plastic.
Back to top Go down
SinisterPlank
Hellion

Duke's Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke's Ride   Duke's Ride I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2011, 18:31

Dumped the sculpting idea (sience the gods only know, I'm terrible at it) and went for the suggested Corsairs cloaks and I must say, shave the inside of the cloaks clean, dump the "rear-end" piece of the kabalite warrior legs, trim off the details on the back pieces of their torsos and you've got one very fine fit.

As for the venom, I recut the twinlinked splinter rifle house to hold the second splinter cannon, mounting one cannon under each wing (there's a "bladevane" socket on each thruster house, nice place for them) I haven't decided what to do with the extra space in the passenger compartment yet, appart from leaving room for a single, 20mm based model to represent what's embarked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Duke's Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke's Ride   Duke's Ride I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Duke's Ride
Page 1 of 1