THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Weapons destroyed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon of the shadow
Hellion
Archon of the shadow

Weapons destroyed Empty
PostSubject: Weapons destroyed   Weapons destroyed I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17 2013, 09:42

I was fighting my friend using his chaos space marines of nurgle allied with some Imperial Guard. I deep struck my ravager right beside his leman russ and unleashed all 3 dark lances on the side armor. 2 of the shots hit and one hit but did no damage. I rolled 2 penetrating hits. One shot did a stunned and one was a weapon destroyed. He claimed that he could count the smoke launchers as a weapon destroyed but my claim was that to be a weapons the war-gear has to do some kind of damage of a sort. Who would have a viable point? We play lenient rules but it is a leman russ and it had killed 10 kabalites in one shot so voice your opinions please on if should count as a weapon and be destroyed or not.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

Weapons destroyed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons destroyed   Weapons destroyed I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17 2013, 09:52

I would say its definitely not a weapon, would be like us taking the night shields or Flickerfield off a ravager instead of a dark lance he would definitely not let you do that!
Back to top Go down
Skye26
Hellion
Skye26

Weapons destroyed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons destroyed   Weapons destroyed I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17 2013, 10:05

Short answer is no, smoke launchers cannot be destroyed by a weapon destroyed result

It's a weapon destroyed result and smoke launchers are in no way, shape or form a weapon, they are vehical upgrades/wargear.

As Crazy_Ivan said, it would be just like taking off said vehicle upgrades in lieu of weapons

Back to top Go down
Archon of the shadow
Hellion
Archon of the shadow

Weapons destroyed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons destroyed   Weapons destroyed I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17 2013, 19:52

I actually used the same example as crazy ivan with the flicker field. He was trying to fight the argument saying that my chain snares or something like that wouldn't be a weapon either but they inflict direct damage as I fly over an enemy grouping.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Weapons destroyed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons destroyed   Weapons destroyed I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17 2013, 21:54

What is the profile of this "weapon" that your opponent would like to be destroyed? Oh right, it doesn't have one. That's because it's not a weapon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weapons destroyed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons destroyed   Weapons destroyed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weapons destroyed
Page 1 of 1