THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE/Eldrad list 1500pts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
senzyu
Slave

DE/Eldrad list 1500pts Empty
PostSubject: DE/Eldrad list 1500pts   DE/Eldrad list 1500pts I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20 2013, 16:18

I made this list to vs space marines and Necrons, I've allready played a couple games and slight variations of this list (mainly to the reaper/HQ unit), tell me what you think. any switch outs? anything to be more effective ? I just re-wrote this list so any mistakes feel free to correct,

Eldrad 210
Archon +ShadowField +CloneField +djinblade +blastpistol 140 (BP to assist tank kills, clonefield to soak up challenges)
Warlock +Destructor 35 (template for overwatching and another 3++ save)
x 3 Dark Reapers + exarch +fast shot + tempest launcher 157

Baron Sathonyx 105 (can join eldrads unit for another 2++ save? or assists squishy pathfinders in CC)

x 10 Pathfinders 240

x5 warriors + blaster 60
x5 warriors + blaster 60

Venom +splinter cannon +night shield 75
Venom +splinter cannon +night shield 75

Ravager +Night shield 115 (x3 Dis Cannon VS SM)
Ravager +Night shield 115
Ravager +Night shield 115

- I take Baron now because he gives me first turn over another archon for the Eldrad squad. thoughts?
Back to top Go down
RabbitMaster
Hellion
RabbitMaster

PostSubject: Re: DE/Eldrad list 1500pts   DE/Eldrad list 1500pts I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20 2013, 16:42

I think you don't have enough troops. 2x 5 warriors in venom and 10 pathfinder is too few. Take at least one more warrior squad in venom, or go for 10 warriors squads in raiders.

And you should drop the archon as you are spending 140 pts in a CC character that, most of the time, will not be in CC (because he's in a shooting squad).
Back to top Go down
Just Another Fiend
Slave

PostSubject: Re: DE/Eldrad list 1500pts   DE/Eldrad list 1500pts I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 00:29

First up you can't set up an archon that way, it's clone field or shadow field. Second you don't want to set him up that way to do what he needs too drop all his equipment except the shadow field and if anything arm him with a blaster and venom blade if you have left over points. He's simply there to keep your reapers alive am I right? (Also crack shot I think is the better power! I take both powers with mine)

Second is the warlock. You realise a warlock isn't an independent character so he cannot join the Reapers, also it will be a 4++ not 3++. Drop him and with those points maybe add more reapers and max the unit?

I also agree that you don't have enough troops but with enough kill power you don't need lots of troops, maybe split the pathfinders in 2 5man units to cover more objectives?

Personally I find wyches more effective at bringing down vehicles than that stray blaster shot and they cost the same as your kabals.

Anyway their just my opinions, hope they help you!

Please structure you answers in a simpler way. I was finding that awkward to read. Cheers - Cavash.
Back to top Go down
senzyu
Slave

PostSubject: Re: DE/Eldrad list 1500pts   DE/Eldrad list 1500pts I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 01:10

Thanks for clearing up the Warlock issue for me.

just read the DE archon entry didn't notice the " * " Yes the 2++ save usually soaks up 20-50 shots a game and playing necrons with ghost arks full of rapid fire warriors I've had two archons and saved 80+ shots from those attacking units and not lost a wound .

thats also the reason i take warriors in the venoms(Night Shield wins me games vs bolters and gauss weapons)

wyches getting overwatched before they can get in range was killing my troop choices off to fast, and vs flyers they cant cut it. Having the venoms and night shield forces SM & necrons to slog up the board to me

Fire power is perfect VS SM & necrons (if i have first turn, with baron I do) I just have issues with deepstriking abilites of both armies, I added more pathfinders and swapped out an archon for Baron to help with this.
But now it makes my Eldrad squad easier to assault, making me want to take the warlock with his destructor to weaken assaults.
Could i buff my Archon a different way? I took the BP because its CC & most things either sit in rapid fire of this squad or assault it ASAP. BP & venom blade maybe so it's stronger in challenges?

I was also a couple points over i checked this morning Sad

Thanks for the ideas, i'll keep reading

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: DE/Eldrad list 1500pts   DE/Eldrad list 1500pts I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 10:06

I've been running a DE/Eldrad list quite a lot and this is what I take:

Haemonculus (Warlord)
4 Kabalite Trueborn, 2 Dark Lances
5 Kabalite Warriors, Blaster, Venom, Splinter Cannon
Ravager, Night Shields, Flickerfields
Ravager, Night Shields, Flickerfields
Ravager, Disintegrators, Night Shields, Flickerfields
Eldrad Ulthran
5 Pathfinders
4 Dark Reapers, Exarch, Fast Shot, Crack Shot
Bastion, Icarus Lascannon

Haem and Trueborn go in the Bastion, with the Haem moving up to the battlements if Night Fight is in play so as to give his Night Vision to the Eldar. The Dark Reapers and Eldrad go on the Bastion's battlements with the Exarch manning the lascannon. His Fast Shot ability and BS5 means he can damage pretty much any flyer with the lascannon and once he's used that for interceptor he still has his own reaper launcher to fire on his own turn. If I wanted to save points I'd ditch the Crack Shot ability as Eldrad will often have Perfect Timing anyway which gives Ignores Cover to the whole unit.

I've had some success with the above list.

Just Another Fiend
Slave

PostSubject: Re: DE/Eldrad list 1500pts   DE/Eldrad list 1500pts I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 10:17

A few things that you might wanna think about, you lose the shadow field as soon as it fails so 1 in 6 (on average) fail and then the 2++ is gone. I know it often does way better than that but yea!

Also the warlock isn't an upgrade to a reapers unit so he will never get to over watch for them. Eldrad isn't bad at combat but he can be overwhelmed by combat units just as any character and the baron is only great on the charge.. Not really the reapers play style. If you are using the reapers right the last place you want them is in a combat so I wouldn't add lots of combat characters to them. The blast pistol is 6" range and IMO a was of points, blaster/venom blade would suit better.

What you said about wyches makes it sound like your foot slogging them across the board into big units of infantry. Correct me if I'm wrong!. I use 5 wyches w/hwg in a venom (dual cannons) for the venom itself to fly around and make big infantry units small infantry units. Then if need be the wyches jump out and do clean up duty. Not to meantion pound on any vehicle that comes into charge distance. Or tie up monsties or small powerful combat units.

Lastly I wouldn't be to confident with the baron giving you first turn. I use him and love him but +1 on the roll to go first is no huge deal but its just a cool little bonus!
That's my thoughts out.

Please structure your answers properly. I was finding that awkward to read. Cheers - Cavash.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: DE/Eldrad list 1500pts   DE/Eldrad list 1500pts I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 10:21

Just Another Fiend wrote:
A few things that you might wanna think about, You lose the shadow field as soon as it fails so 1 in 6 (on average) fail and then the 2++ is gone. I know it often does way better than that but yea!

Tell me about it. I played against a Necron Destroyer Lord last night who lost his Wraith bodyguard and 2 wound on Turn One and then made somewhere in the region of 60 2+ saves before finally losing his last wound and very nearly costing me the game.

senzyu
Slave

PostSubject: Re: DE/Eldrad list 1500pts   DE/Eldrad list 1500pts I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 15:14

I had the wyches in venoms but the squad sizes weren't enough to deal with other CC units lychguard or 10 man space marine squads most commonly vs those armies.
with most people taking the necron ability to deepstrike their lychgaurd every turn and spacewolves never misshap with drop pods they would sometimes not reach CC till second round of CC and when my eldrad squad does get assaulted i lose a lot of fire power.

Baron 105
x5 Hellions 80

x3 Dark Reapers +exarch tempest launcher fastshot & crackshot 167
Eldrad 210
Archon +SF venom blade

x9 path finders 216

Ravager +night shield 115

x5 warriors blaster
x5 warriors blaster

Venom +night shield splinter cannon 75
Venom +night shield splinter cannon 75

- leaves me 12 pts, maybe take ghost plate with archon incase SF fails?
ideas on this list?
I think that hellion squad could help me deal with destroyers and longfangs?

Thanks for the tips lads!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE/Eldrad list 1500pts   DE/Eldrad list 1500pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE/Eldrad list 1500pts
Page 1 of 1