THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500pt Competitive all comers list with Reaver load-out question.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mug7703
Sybarite

1500pt Competitive all comers list with Reaver load-out question.  Empty
PostSubject: 1500pt Competitive all comers list with Reaver load-out question.    1500pt Competitive all comers list with Reaver load-out question.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 15:40

Hi guys, Here is a list I'm thinking of running. I know the troops choices might seem controversial but I think it's a great way to 'unlock' venoms and I'm not a fan of wych venoms and warrior gun boats are great but slightly more expensive. Any way here is the list:

Reaver load-out question: Is it better to have a champion in the unit for the LD bonus or is it better to upgrade the HLs to Blasters for better list synergy (they mean I don't have to get as close and this is quite a ranged list). I don't have the points for both with the list as is. I could drop a troop choice to get both upgrades to the squad but that would require a fair bit of re-jigging.

Haemonculus w/SS - 65pts
Haemonculus w/LFG - 60pts

3 Wracks in Venom w/2xSC - 95pts

9 Reaver Jetbikes w/3xHL, Champion - 244pts (or 3xBlasters no champ for 243pts)\
9 Reaver Jetbikes w/3xHL, Champion - 244pts (or 3xBlasters no champ for 243pts)

Ravager w/3xDL
Ravager w/3xDL
Ravager w/3xDL

= 1,498pts (1,496 with blasters on the Reavers)

I've got me 15 lance shots in there and a heck of a lot of AI. Heamons give FNP to Reavers when I don't start them in reserve. So everything is T4 and has FNP.

The thing is, dropping a troop choice to get both upgrades on the Reavers leaves me with an annoying 79pts to spend. Can't really work this one out. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Competitive all comers list with Reaver load-out question.    1500pt Competitive all comers list with Reaver load-out question.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 16:22

lol... this looks like one of my 5th ed lists (one less haemie though... and more blasterborn)

I would pick blasters over champs, and personally would drop them down to 6 man, and use the points left over for some blasterborn. Thats another venom and more blasters (and more platforms for darklight)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Competitive all comers list with Reaver load-out question.    1500pt Competitive all comers list with Reaver load-out question.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 16:48

Shadows Revenge wrote:
lol... this looks like one of my 5th ed lists (one less haemie though... and more blasterborn)

I would pick blasters over champs, and personally would drop them down to 6 man, and use the points left over for some blasterborn. Thats another venom and more blasters (and more platforms for darklight)

Hmmm, this is what I've been thinking. I still need to get more games in using the blasters to decide whether they're 'better' than the HLs, HL have more chance of popping a vehicle and allow me the points to get a champ in there as well which is a factor in this list. Although they make me need to get closer to the enemy...

I'm not entirely sold on Blasterborn, on paper I love them! But in my experience they have to get close, can't move and shoot without snapping and can all die from one hit on the paper place. I find Reavers with FNP infinitely more survivable. That said I love bringing venoms to the table as you can see by my list.
Back to top Go down
pantofful
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Competitive all comers list with Reaver load-out question.    1500pt Competitive all comers list with Reaver load-out question.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 17:02

Do you have raiders & warriors?

I ask only because when I make a take all comers list, I try to also make it a list that can be competitive in all 6 basic scenarios, and to be honest, I can't imagine this list having a better than 25% chance to win a "purge the alien"... you have 19 victory points in a 1500pt list, with some incredibly frail (even for DE) units... I would try to beef up some of those msu wrack units with some raider gunboats, maybe save a 60pt haemie... really all he gives is a flamer as those 3 wracks aren't a real CC threat. just some thoughts
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Competitive all comers list with Reaver load-out question.    1500pt Competitive all comers list with Reaver load-out question.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 17:23

I would almost always get the champion in units of 9, that leadership boost is really important. If you can't afford the champion drop the unit down to a unit of 6 like Shadow said.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Competitive all comers list with Reaver load-out question.    1500pt Competitive all comers list with Reaver load-out question.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 18:18

mug7703 wrote:
I'm not entirely sold on Blasterborn, on paper I love them! But in my experience they have to get close, can't move and shoot without snapping and can all die from one hit on the paper place. I find Reavers with FNP infinitely more survivable. That said I love bringing venoms to the table as you can see by my list.

You can move 6" and shoot at full BS... and you can even snapfire if you move 12"

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Competitive all comers list with Reaver load-out question.    1500pt Competitive all comers list with Reaver load-out question.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 19:09

pantofful wrote:
Do you have raiders & warriors?

I ask only because when I make a take all comers list, I try to also make it a list that can be competitive in all 6 basic scenarios, and to be honest, I can't imagine this list having a better than 25% chance to win a "purge the alien"... you have 19 victory points in a 1500pt list, with some incredibly frail (even for DE) units... I would try to beef up some of those msu wrack units with some raider gunboats, maybe save a 60pt haemie... really all he gives is a flamer as those 3 wracks aren't a real CC threat. just some thoughts

This is a really good point! Purge the alien is the game type I'm most worried about really. I haven't actually played many games with it, I seem to roll for it less than 1/6th of the time lol. Razz Other than changing the list I'm unsure what tactics will help me in those games. I know this list is mobile and ranged so I can keep some units out of trouble that way but unless I table my opponent I'll probably lost on VP.
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Competitive all comers list with Reaver load-out question.    1500pt Competitive all comers list with Reaver load-out question.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 19:10

Mushkilla wrote:
I would almost always get the champion in units of 9, that leadership boost is really important. If you can't afford the champion drop the unit down to a unit of 6 like Shadow said.

Yea I think I agree. I'm leaning more towards this hence I wrote the list initially including the champions. Do you think I need to re-jigg the list to include blasters on the Reavers or can I get away with HL on them?

<Edit>

I think I've found a way to fit both Reaver squads into the list with blasters and champion:

Haemonculus w/Stinger Pistol - 55pts

3 Blasterborn, Venom w/2xSC - 146pts

3 Wracks, Venom w/2xSC - 95pts

9 Reavers w/3xBlasters, Champion - 253pts
9 Reavers w/3xBlasters, Champion - 253pts

Ravager w/3xDL - 105pts
Ravager w/3xDL - 105pts
Ravager w/3xDL - 105pts

Total = 1,497pts

I know it might be thin on troops but they are spread out and protected by transports. I think they're ultimately more durable this way than 3x5 Warrior gunboats. Still a lot of kill points though, that is my main fear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Competitive all comers list with Reaver load-out question.    1500pt Competitive all comers list with Reaver load-out question.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500pt Competitive all comers list with Reaver load-out question.
Page 1 of 1