THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldrad, Karandaras wrathguard deathstar

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

Eldrad, Karandaras wrathguard deathstar Empty
PostSubject: Eldrad, Karandaras wrathguard deathstar   Eldrad, Karandaras wrathguard deathstar I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24 2013, 04:47

I hear this is a popular internet phenomenon, just fought it today

It was a 1600pt game...and I was going easy on the guy...but I learned just how many shots that unit could take.

After I got home, I learned he was taking a cover save 1 higher than he should have...but here was what I had

Duke
9 Warriors in raider/splinter racks
10 warriors in raider/splinter racks
5 wyches in venom, 2x splinter cannon
3 blasterborn, venom 2x splinter cannon
2x dark lance born, Venom 2x splinter cannon
6x Reavers, 2 Blasters
2x Darklance Ravagers
1x Dis. Cannon Ravager

His list (off the top of my head)
Karandaras
Eldrad
10x Wraithguard with Spiritseer(concealment)
2 Wraithlords
3 Warwalkers
2 large guardian squads

This was a kill points mission....and I was playing against someone rather new...and wasnt aware how much damage that squad could take.

Other than my anti-tank aiming for his wraithlords and warwalkers for the first two turns...I unloaded everything on the wraithguard...
They didnt die until turn 5.

around 400 splinter shots, around 150 twin linked, about 75 of those wounding on 3+
36 Disintigrator shots
around 28 lance shots

Now...I know that I should have just..turbo boosted away when they got near my army..its not like I didnt have the speed...but the guy I was playing was part of a campaign...and I didnt want to make him quit the campaign (he's got a talent for throwing a tantrum).

This is just a post....to talk about how resilient that squad is. I can't imagine trying to take it out with bolter fire... I almost actually lost that game..Game went on two extra turns, so I was able to finish off his warwalkers, and one of his squads, claim linebreaker, slay the warlord.

Ironically, one of the funniest things happened. I attempted to lob a plasma grenade at the wraithguard, and it apparently caught the wind and came right back at me, killing my two wyches
Back to top Go down
RabbitMaster
Hellion
RabbitMaster

PostSubject: Re: Eldrad, Karandaras wrathguard deathstar   Eldrad, Karandaras wrathguard deathstar I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24 2013, 11:40

Yeah, a fortuned blob of wraithguard is a pretty tough unit to shot down unless you got some AP3 ignoring cover (heldrake, colossus, death siren/blastmaster, a lucky liquifier gun, etc.). A lucky player will most of the time never fail his re-rollable armor/cover save making you going crazy Twisted Evil

The best way to deal with them I found is close combat with some very good CC unit (with power weapon or better).
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Eldrad, Karandaras wrathguard deathstar   Eldrad, Karandaras wrathguard deathstar I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25 2013, 14:59

Ive seen this list several times recently (a local player uses wraithstar but Fuegan instead of kharandras, and then adds Baron in for his stealth). It gives them a 3+ armorsave/4+ coversave, and you have 2 units with a 2+ (fuegan with his PL armor, baron with his shadowfield) and an FNP save due to Fuegan. Vary hard to take down

Your best bet is to ignore the unit. He only has an 18" range (12" gun + 6" move) and it is a huge chunk of his points. Ignore it, destroy the rest, maybe feed it a tarpit unit every now and then (as there arent that many heavy hitters in the unit). Play the mission and its easily beaten.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Eldrad, Karandaras wrathguard deathstar   Eldrad, Karandaras wrathguard deathstar I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25 2013, 15:08

I agree. Keep out of his reach and that's a massive part of his army doing nothing. Wipe out everything else and leave the deathstar well alone.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldrad, Karandaras wrathguard deathstar   Eldrad, Karandaras wrathguard deathstar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldrad, Karandaras wrathguard deathstar
Page 1 of 1