THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please.

Go down 
+2
Massaen
Ciirian
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please. Empty
PostSubject: Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please.   Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25 2013, 01:28

So another somewhat backstory -- years ago when I played fantasy Hordes of Chaos I always wanted to have demons, but was never a fan of metal models compared to plastic. So when the plastic release came out, I jumped at it immediatly (witout doing background info). When you could use Demons with the new Warriors of Chaos. So a bunch of stuff got shelved.

Fast forward to the Allies Rule that allows you to field numerous armies with one another. My Dark Eldar's backstory is that he is a demon summoner (look at the backstory of the Wraithkind -- he is one of their Archon's sons who went into exile) So the use of demons as allies is always an option. I know there is a new book on the way, and after finding my demon models in the closet it all seemed like a good idea as another side project. I have always been partial to both the Blood God and Slanaash and would like to use what I have, tho I do have a few other things (not sure if I should ebay off or what) . So I will list what models I have and pose more of my questions at the bottom

HQ -
Bloodthirster Conversion (Skarbran model)
Lord of Change - misisng parts, dont really want to use
The Masque+Epidemus (metal models, not sure if I should get rid of, they are cool just to paint tho)
Additional Heralds*** See below

Troops
25 approximatly painted Bloodletters (only painted models, regular Red Bloodletters)
10 Bloodletters (new models in box, see below**)
10 Slanaash Conversions (using Dark Eldar parts to be doubled as special Wracks for Ciirian)
10 Slaneesh Deamons (new in box, see below)
10 Horrors (old models)
Elites
- 2 Bloodletters on Juggernaughts
- Nugle Beast (prolly want to sell, not much of a fan of model)
- metal Fiend of Slanaash (that wierd scorpion looking thing)
- a few old metal flamers 1-3?

Fast Atack
- 5 Khorne Dogs + Karnak
- 5 Khorne Dogs (preives edition models, i like these better)

**new boxes -- could make Heralds from these boxes or regular troops

Yeah thats what I found in a box in my clsoet!^^^ So heres my questions, 1) Do you think I have a suitable force for 40k as either an individual army or as allies? Also, I had the idea of repainting the models to something different. My idea was if my Dark Eldar was 'bending' these demons to his will (as opposed to their deity) would it make sense to visually represent this idea in the force? One idea I had was painting the demons with a greyed skin color. So in addition to any advice you may have for me if you have links or pinks of alternate Khonre color schemes please share them? I might just leave them because I have 25 bloodletters alreay painted but stil trying to think of options. Thanks to all who have read through this rant. Any comments / feedback would be apprecated
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please.   Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25 2013, 04:33

I think it's a good basis for stand alone or allied force... Though in a week we will see what the new dex has to offer!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please.   Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27 2013, 02:24

Over the past two days I painted two models -- Skarbrand/Bloodthrister and a Skulltaker. Pics on Skull taker arent so clear as I ran out of daylight. Also are the beginings of a unit that is going to be a "Slaaneshy Wracks" or some mutated Daemonettes.

Skarbrand the Exiled One / Bloodthirster of Khorne
Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please. IMG_1560_zpsc9dd058a
Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please. IMG_1561_zps422f4cc8
Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please. IMG_1562_zps8be570ab
Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please. IMG_1563_zpsfb91da7b

the Skulltaker
Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please. IMG_1558_zps4a4e93cd
Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please. IMG_1559_zps3082a109

and the WIP shot of my experment
Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please. IMG_1547_zps944da5a8
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please.   Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27 2013, 12:30

Love the Skarbrand and Skulltaker. Just to annoy you though...Skarbrand doesn't have wings. Embarassed

Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please.   Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27 2013, 16:45

They are still there but all ripped up and torn. He can't fly but they are still there. That way he can be a Bloodthirster if need be Razz
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please.   Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10 2013, 17:54

Got a few clearer pictures of the Skulltaker. Here they are.
Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please. IMG_1567_zps6421f320

Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please. IMG_1568_zpsb88ac47b
Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please. IMG_1569_zpsda6023bc

Also here is a quick list of what I am aiming to do with a few questions. It may not be the most competitive but I think it could be cool to have some fun. That and I really like Khorne. Also This is using just the models that I own. I would however need Heavy Support and would think Demon Princes and Skullcannon would be the best fit for this Khorne Demon army.

HQ
- Bloodthirster
- Heralds (Skulltaker, Karanak, 1-2 Heralds of Khorne, )

Troops
- 15 Bloodletters
- 15 Bloodletters
- 10 Bloodletters (Should this be another squad or make the two squads 20?)

Fast Attack
5 Fleshhounds ( current models)
5 Fleshhounds (90's metal "Hynena Dogs" Fleshhounds)
5 Fleshhounds (LOTR Worgs)

Heavy (I have NO Heavy Support choices currently so these would be the only models I need to purchase)
Skullcannon
2 Demon Prince of Khorne
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please.   Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2013, 15:17

what are the purposes of the 3 small units of flesh hounds??? I think they would do better as a full squad

Same with Bloodletters, the bigger the squad, the more they are going to survive the march across the field.

As for your heavy... Im torn. I think another cannon would do you well, as thats two chances for assault grenades for your stuff. But the princes (if they are winged) will bring some speed to your list, and will be a nice buddy system with the bloodthrister... So I would say play it and see if they work for you.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please.   Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 03:17

I dont have any heavy at the moment, I'll probably go with getting a DP and a Cannon and see how it goes. Yeah I would put wings on my DP, should of said it. Not sure why I made smaller units of Fleshounds, so youd think 1 big blob is better or should I go for two squads?
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please.   Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 13:37

1 big squad, get the most out of Kharadrak (or whatever his name is) as well make them a huge screen for your bloodletters

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please.   Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 23:23

If Karandrak ran with a squad of Blood Crushers, would they get scout as well?
Back to top Go down
Shinobi_8745
Kabalite Warrior
Shinobi_8745

PostSubject: Re: Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please.   Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 23:25

Indeed they do~
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please.   Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13 2013, 04:35

Got myself a Skullcannon and a Demon Prince model. Put together the cannon as well as converted the Herald to be on foot. He is one massive Bloodletter!
Back to top Go down
Nusquam
Hellion
Nusquam

PostSubject: Re: Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please.   Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22 2013, 21:47

Can't go wrong with hounds and skull cannons, especially buffed by the Grimoire of True Names

PostSubject: Re: Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please.   Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another new Distraction - Chaos Demons! Some advice please.
Page 1 of 1