THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Skimmer fleet 1850 pts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
duff
Slave

Skimmer fleet 1850 pts Empty
PostSubject: Skimmer fleet 1850 pts   Skimmer fleet 1850 pts I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26 2013, 08:53

Hi,

Here is my first post for the forum. I've been playing since 2nd edition, so I'm not a total newcomer for the hobby. For the last years I haven't had time to take too many games, only couple for the ongoing 6th edition. So all the advice is welcome!

The tournament will be with friends, but I believe the lists will still be quite cheesy. Most likely I'll be facing Marines, Necrons, Chaos and Daemons. And slight change of competing against IG, orks or Eldar.

Archon
Agoniser, PGL, Shadow field + GP armour
+ 7 x Incubi
+ Raider

10 x Warriors x 3 units
Splinter rifles + 1 cannon
+ Raider / Splinter racks

5 x Haywire Wyches x 3 units
Haywire grenades
+ Venoms / dual cannons

6 x Reavers Jetbikes
2 x heat lances

Ravager

Razorwing x 2
4 x necrotoxin missiles
Splinter cannon

Here is couple of things I'm a bit worried:

2 razorwings - Are these necessary?
I took two Razorwings for anti-infantry / antiflyer. I know I'll ben facing 2 flyers in quite many games. The points taken for these is quite high, with all the 4 bombs. Maybe taking only 2 necrotoxin's per flyer?

Spare points
7 incubis is a bit much. Didn't have idea how to use these more efficiently. Could get some points from changing the missile settings on Razorwings, but it's still too little for a new unit.

Warrior Raiders
These tend to blow up quite nicely taking all the warriors same time. Maybe the amount of targets will help with this. What's your experiences with this set? I'm a still bit uncertain for the whole tactic. Thinking also on dropping the splinter racks from the raiders. They seem quite sloq with 6" move with full BS. Maybe just dropping the warriors and using Raider as a wall.

And opinions are welcome! Smile
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Skimmer fleet 1850 pts   Skimmer fleet 1850 pts I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26 2013, 09:05

I'd stick with monoscythes, you are still wounding MEQs on 2+
40pts right there
Usual advice is to take 2 fliers though, fairly likely to get one early on.

My Archon gets a husk blade, but 2+ is a problem at my meta.
Although mine doesnt run with Incubi.

frederico dias
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Skimmer fleet 1850 pts   Skimmer fleet 1850 pts I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26 2013, 11:13

in my opinion upgrade them to a bomber thake the missiles off and changethe canons for lances you have a total of 9 lances and that seems to little of a count, the 4 extra ones will help out whit the av and
a strength 9 lances are a way more viable way to thake out other flyers. queap the racks they are amazing for a shoot army like yours , the more you hit the more you wound the more saves you put in your opponent, it helps agaain 2+ armys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skimmer fleet 1850 pts   Skimmer fleet 1850 pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skimmer fleet 1850 pts
Page 1 of 1