THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First list 2000pts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fossilu
Slave

First list 2000pts Empty
PostSubject: First list 2000pts   First list 2000pts I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26 2013, 17:41

Here we go. I'm expecting to face many marine armies so hopefully I have enough dazzle to distract and enough razzle to kick them in the teeth while they're otherwise occupied.

Baron 105

5x Trueborn 2x Dark Lance, 3x Blaster
Venom /w 1x Splinter Cannon, Night Shields
Total 230

5x Trueborn 2x Dark Lance, 3x Blaster
Venom /w 1x Splinter Cannon, Night Shields
Total 230

20x Hellions
Total 320

10x Wyches
Hecatrix 1x1
Hydra Gauntlets 2x
Phantom Gren.
Haywire Gren.
Raider Night Shields, Flicker Field, Splinter Racks
Dis cannon
Total 310

9x Reavers 3x Blasters, cluster caltrops
Total 303

3x Ravager Night Shields, Flicker Field
Total 125

1x Farseer w/ Jetbike, Spirit stones, Runes of Warding
Total 120
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

First list 2000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: First list 2000pts   First list 2000pts I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28 2013, 20:24

Welcome to the Dark City Fossilu!

Mixing lances and blasters in the trueborn squad is a bad idea. Blasters want to move and get close as they are only 18" range, darklances on the other hand are heavy weapons that want to stay stationary and fire away from a safe distance. Either go with blasters or dark lances but not both.

What's the plan with the reavers? Generally mixing clatrops with blasters is a bad idea as it makes the unit really expensive. To justify the cost of cluster caltrops you need to be baldevaning every turn. I would also recommend taking an arena champion for the increased leadership especially in a large unit, jetbikes fall back 3d6" so a bad roll at the beginning of the game could cost you 300 points of reavers. Again either go with blaster or clatrops but not both, reavers are expensive enough as is.

Ravagers and the raiders don't need the flicker fields, they get 5+ cover just for moving, and you can hide them behind venoms or terrain at the beginning of the game if you don't get first turn.

Hope that helps. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fossilu
Slave

First list 2000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: First list 2000pts   First list 2000pts I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 00:52

Well, I really wasn't planning on dismounting the Trueborns so I figured the mix of blaster and DL was just a way of maxing out the AT heavy weapons.

I wanted the Reapers to be flexible so I took Blasters and caltrops. But I will try and fit it the Arena Champ.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

First list 2000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: First list 2000pts   First list 2000pts I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 01:29

For such a large Hellion blob I'd invest in 30 points to give them a PT. Get a unit of 3 Wracks and Have the Baron start with them. Turn 1 he leaves and joins the Hellions taking the PT and FNP with him. It'll really help them survive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

First list 2000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: First list 2000pts   First list 2000pts I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 07:03

Fossilu wrote:
Well, I really wasn't planning on dismounting the Trueborns so I figured the mix of blaster and DL was just a way of maxing out the AT heavy weapons.

Yes, but if their transport moves, the units in side count as moving too. So those dark lances can only snap fire at BS1.

Fossilu wrote:
I wanted the Reapers to be flexible so I took Blasters and caltrops. But I will try and fit it the Arena Champ.

If you want flexible reavers, just run:

9 reavers, 3 blasters, champion, venom blade - 258

That units gives you more than enough flexibility in my experience.

Caltrops just make you kamikaze bladevane because you feel like you should bladevane for the hell of it, having paid 60pts for those caltrops. If your reavers are bladevaning your opponents army turn 1, most of the time that means your are doing it wrong, as they will get rapid fired to pieces next turn. Bladevaning is an opportunistic manoeuvre and a way of doing damage while redeploying. It should only be done when it exposes your reavers to minimum retaliation, or something could be gained from drawing fire away from the rest of your army in a dire situations.

But see how it goes I guess, maybe caltrops will work for you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First list 2000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: First list 2000pts   First list 2000pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First list 2000pts
Page 1 of 1