THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New old player. 2000pts list help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
borkdabasher
Slave
borkdabasher

New old player. 2000pts list help Empty
PostSubject: New old player. 2000pts list help   New old player. 2000pts list help I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19 2019, 13:10

Hello fellow Archons

I've decided to take the plunge back into 40k after 6 years away from the game (but not the hobby)
Back in the day i have played pretty much everything at some point and loved my dark eldar above all other factions both in fluff and playstyle. I played them from their release day and loved their glass cannon fast as hell playstyle and weird units. What better way to get back into the game than with my old flame the Drukhari (they'll always be Dark Eldar to me though)

So, after about 2 weeks of solid research, reading of rules and rewriting lists i've come up with something i like. I am aiming for competitive as thats how i prefer to play and do intend on going to some tournaments when i have some experience with the army.

Your help and insight is greatly appreciated as i don't have a single game under my belt of the new edition.

Standard black heart battalion with footslogging warriors, cheap as chips for objective grabbing and the odd poison wound thrown about. Archon to baby sit the ravagers so they benefit from re-rolls to hit and wound of 1’s. Standard filth.

The meat of the army is a big buffed up wodge of talos and grotesques (which i’m looking forward to converting up) i will be using alliance of agony so Urien can use his soothsayer for extra CP.
These boys will just go right for the jugular. Deal with them or they’ll rip you apart.

Never used flyers before and the razorwings seem really versatile. Paid for the splinter cannons to benefit more from the flayed skull obsession rerolls and ignore cover but not sure if black heart for the FNP is better? I went for dark lances rather than disintegrators because i felt i needed the damage output.

If theres anything im missing, got wrong or otherwise could do with knowing let me know, im eager to learn my new old faction.

Black heart battalion +5 CP

Archon / venom blade, splinter pistol / 72
Warlord – labyrinthine cunning
- Relic – writ of the living muse

Archon / venom blade, splinter pistol / 72

5 kabalite warriors / 30
5 kabalite warriors / 30
5 kabalite warriors / 30
5 kabalite warriors / 30

Ravager / 3x disintegrator cannons / 125

Prophets of flesh spearhead +1 CP

Urian Rakarth / 90
- Warlord trait - Diabolical soothsayer (alliance of agony stratagem)

Talos / 2 haywire blasters, macro scalpels / 99

Talos / 2 haywire blasters, chain flails / 97

Talos / 2 haywire blasters, chain flails / 97

9 grotesques / cleavers, flesh gauntlets / 315

Flayed skull air wing +1 CP

Razorwing / 2x dark lance, splinter cannon / 155

2000pts
10 CP
-1 CP before battle for alliance of agony stratagem
-1 CP extra relic
+ D3 CP for Diabolical soothsayer

Last edited by borkdabasher on Tue Mar 19 2019, 17:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: New old player. 2000pts list help   New old player. 2000pts list help I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19 2019, 17:05

Are those talos individual? If so there is a rule called rule or 3 preventing you taking 5 individual talos but you could have them as 2:2:1 or 3:1:1 to maintain the Spearhead
Back to top Go down
borkdabasher
Slave
borkdabasher

PostSubject: Re: New old player. 2000pts list help   New old player. 2000pts list help I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19 2019, 17:19

sorry yes its a 3-1-1 with the chainflails being solo.
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New old player. 2000pts list help   New old player. 2000pts list help I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2019, 06:34

Why not the chain flails and macro scalpel?

I'd be tempted to tinker with three squads of two Talos and dropping one squad of Warriors and one Grotesque. One Talos by itself doesn't seem scary. It, while losing 1 CP, maybe drop one Talos and bring
a Wracks squad in a patrol.
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: New old player. 2000pts list help   New old player. 2000pts list help I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2019, 07:40

I prefer a chain flail & macroscalpel to help deal with hordes personally, a solo talos is still pretty tough aswell.
Back to top Go down
borkdabasher
Slave
borkdabasher

PostSubject: Re: New old player. 2000pts list help   New old player. 2000pts list help I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2019, 08:14

Good call on the chain flails, i'd totally overlooked their ability to double attacks and it actually solved a points issue for me. Also reorganized them into 2x 2 talos and a lone one. Id like an even 3x 2 formation but can't find anything i want to drop to get it. Decided to take dissies on the razorwings in the end, repurposed the archons so they're actually useful, the ravager baby sitter has a blaster so he can take the odd shot (does he benefit from his own rerolls?). The 'Dracon' can drop the helm of spite for a djinn blade if i don't face any psykers but thought it'd be a nice layer of defense which i'd totally lack otherwise. He can just roam about sitting on objectives or hunting characters.

Pretty happy with how it stands now. Those little changes streamlined it a bit. What would you say are it's glaring weaknesses? Is there anything that stands out that you'd say i would struggle with?

Black heart battalion +5 CP
Archon / venom blade, blaster / 89
Warlord – labyrinthine cunning
- Relic – writ of the living muse

Dracon / husk blade, blast pistol / 86
- Relic – helm of spite

5 kabalite warriors / 30
5 kabalite warriors / 30
5 kabalite warriors / 30
5 kabalite warriors / 30

Ravager / disintegrator cannons / 125

Prophets of flesh spearhead +1 CP
Urian Rakarth / 90
- Warlord trait - Diabolical soothsayer (alliance of agony stratagem)

Talos / 2 haywire blasters, macro scalpel, chain flail / 98

9 grotesques / cleavers, flesh gauntlets / 315

Flayed skull air wing +1 CP
Razorwing / 2x disintegrator cannons, splinter cannon / 145

2000pts
10 CP
-1 CP before battle for alliance of agony stratagem
-1 CP before battle for extra relic
+ D3 CP for Diabolical soothsayer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New old player. 2000pts list help   New old player. 2000pts list help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New old player. 2000pts list help
Page 1 of 1