THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 against new deamons codex

Go down 
+2
Mngwa
baster
6 posters
AuthorMessage
baster
Kabalite Warrior
baster

1500 against new deamons codex Empty
PostSubject: 1500 against new deamons codex   1500 against new deamons codex I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09 2013, 11:48

first game against the new deamon codex and i had no idea of what to expect as i haven't even had a look.
the lists;
Dark Eldar
Archon, HB,SF,PGL
Hemo X2
6 incubi, bloodstone,klaivex,demi klaives.
raider,ff
10 kw,sc
raider, NS,FF
10 KW,SC
5 wyches HWG
Venom,sc
5 TB, X4 blasters
Venom,SC,NS
Ravager,NS,FF
Ravager,NS,FF Dissie
razorwing

the deamons (roughly cos i cant remember everything)
great unclean 1
soul grinder
plague bearers and herald
horrors and herald
bloodletters (deepstriking)
screemers (deepstriking)
nurglings
nurgle cav/jump packs.

game set up.
DE 1st turn
no night fight
warlord trait, DE,reroll reserves. Deamons,-1LD on fear tests!
relic
dawn of war
no steal

1500 against new deamons codex Devswilldeamonsmapex01
i set up on the left flank with the ruins on the left BLoS to the ravagers, the blaster venom right on the line, hoping for something directly opposite, KW set up in a dilapidated bunker and tower, venoms giving cover to raiders. the soul grinder set up exactly opposite the blasters was a gift.

1500 against new deamons codex Devswilldeamonsmapex02
a poor round of shooting from the blasters and the lance ravager just 1 glance (oh dear). the dissie rav, lined up the new cav on the left dissintergrating the 1st one. (focused fire as they have shrouded and 2 where behind cover) opened up with a venom and caused 2 more wounds. both raiders and both SC from the KW squads fire at the plague bearers killing 2 (huh)

1500 against new deamons codex Devswilldeamonsmapex03
everything ambled forward except the fleeting ! nurgle cav. the new pre shooting table in the deamon book did nothing of note. the horrors tried to target the blaster born but NS kept us out of range. the soul grinder opened up......bounced off the FF. the Cav assaulted the Blaster born boat (overwatch kills 1) and again failed to even scratch the paint work.

1500 against new deamons codex Devswilldeamonsmapex04
silent kiss enters the fray and targets the horrors, scatter means i get more plague bearers then horrors from the Missiles. the incubi and archon get out and line up the last cav model, everything shuffles, the soul grinder gets it from the ravager, the blaster born take a wound off the great unclean 1. all other fire is in effective against the shrouded nurgle stuff. assault see the klaivex cause 1 wound and then die.

1500 against new deamons codex Devswilldeamonsmapex05
the gods are with me and both deepstriking units fail to arrive. the plague bearers go for the relic everything else rumbles forward. the incubi and archon are cursed, -1T and -1S, i get 1 6 to wound in the challenge and the save is made another draw.

1500 against new deamons codex Devswilldeamonsmapex06
silent kiss wipes the horrors, everything else targets the unclean 1 til it dies then moves onto the nurglings removing a base and 2 wounds. assault draws again

1500 against new deamons codex Devswilldeamonsmapex07
the blood letters arrive and hit exactly and spread out. the warp storm destroys a raider and the explosion kills 7 KW, the plaguebearers pick up the relic, the nurglings cant do anything so stay in cover. assault sees the SF expire!

EDIT; the archon should have been instant death here as he was cursed again -1 T and S and took a str 5 wound.

1500 against new deamons codex Devswilldeamonsmapex08
silent kiss moves onto the bloodletters, everything spreads out around them and the wyches get out ready to assault. shooting kills 3 bloodletters! he made soooo many saves. 1 more base of nurglings is removed and the plague bearer carrying the relic dies.

1500 against new deamons codex Devswilldeamonsmapex09
the sceemers arrive and Blade vine!!! the raider causing 3 glances 2 bounce off the flicker field. the warp storm (double 1) kills all the plague bearers and 1 wound on the nurglings. the archon fails again and takes a wound. the wyches kill 4 bloodletters and 3 die in return.

1500 against new deamons codex Devswilldeamonsmapex10
silent kiss flies off to re arm, everything shuffles. all but 1 sceemer dies under weight of fire, the nurgle herald goes down under SC fire. the wyches wipe the bloodletters and lose 1 in return. the archon wiffs again and manages to save 1 wound and then saved the second with FNP.

1500 against new deamons codex Devswilldeamonsmapex11
the screemer runs in to steal line breaker, the archon (yes you guessed it wiffs again) fails, 1 wound to save which saves.

the high toughness of the nurgle cav are not a problem to us except a S2/3 archon lol. i should have just shot it but i was greedy for a pain token. when both deep stricking units failed to arrive i thought i might have been able to table him but his saves were amazing.

Last edited by baster on Sat Mar 16 2013, 08:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: 1500 against new deamons codex   1500 against new deamons codex I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09 2013, 13:22

Nice report, chuckled a little at the archon for fighting almost the entire game that single cav unit Very Happy
While that could be a little unlucky, its quite lucky that almost all of your vehicles survived!
Also, who are those "Soreens" who stayed at the back? Kabalite warriors?
Back to top Go down
baster
Kabalite Warrior
baster

PostSubject: Re: 1500 against new deamons codex   1500 against new deamons codex I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09 2013, 14:38

yeah 10 man squad with a splinter cannon the other hemo just sat with them giving them a pain token, if they get shot at they get a good cover save and FNP that way. i dont have any more vehicles yet so they foot it out, i got another ravager a few weeks ago over a raider or venom.

As for my Archon (lmao) I never seem to get any luck with him in any way shape or form, his SF always fails quickly, and i always need 5/6 to wound. normally he gets a venom blade which up to this point he has never used as he ends up in combat against 2+/3+ saves and FNP and generally he cant hit for toffee, LOL thinking of taking the duke now just for a change swap out the incubi and put in wyches and then i will have points spare for Hemo upgrades or something
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 1500 against new deamons codex   1500 against new deamons codex I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2013, 07:17

baster wrote:
As for my Archon (lmao) I never seem to get any luck with him in any way shape or form, his SF always fails quickly, and i always need 5/6 to wound.

One of the reasons I have started using a venom blade/blaster archon, he just seems to meet my expectations a lot more. If I were to run a melee archon I would just give him a venom blade and shadow field and be done with it.

Sounded like a fun game, thanks for sharing the pain (added it to the sticky). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: 1500 against new deamons codex   1500 against new deamons codex I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2013, 16:59

Good report, nice to see someone fighting the new daemons already so we all get to know more about them: Having read the daemon dex I noticed that you said the nurgle cav (Plague Drones) fleeted and then assaulted. This is not possible! They are Slow and Purposeful, but have Jet Packs. So they get to make a move in the assault phase even if they don't actually assault, but they can never run, and not fleet.
Back to top Go down
baster
Kabalite Warrior
baster

PostSubject: Re: 1500 against new deamons codex   1500 against new deamons codex I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 16:43

i was trying to get across how graceful!!!! and quick they where against the rambling slowness of the rest of the army. they are as you said slow and purposeful and have jet packs and are cavalry. as far as the rest of the army is concerned they are as agile and fleeting as butterflies. at T5 with i think 3 wounds each with a poss 3+ cover save they are gunna be tough to take out and difficult but not impossible to out manuvor.
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: 1500 against new deamons codex   1500 against new deamons codex I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 16:55

Sorry, my mistake then. I didn't spot the narrative element at the first reading.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 1500 against new deamons codex   1500 against new deamons codex I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 17:12

Dogmar wrote:
This is not possible! They are Slow and Purposeful, but have Jet Packs. So they get to make a move in the assault phase even if they don't actually assault, but they can never run, and not fleet.

They are "jet pack cavalry", cavalry get fleet. Slow and purposeful doesn't stop you from using fleet. So they do have fleet, rather ironically. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1500 against new deamons codex   1500 against new deamons codex I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 17:24

slow and purposeful just stops you from running... which their jetpack move helps them out with...
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: 1500 against new deamons codex   1500 against new deamons codex I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 19:45

I'm feeling seriously stupid now Embarassed Thank you for the heads up, Mush. I totally missed that! Mainly because I never ever used a cavalry unit in 40k Wink
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 1500 against new deamons codex   1500 against new deamons codex I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 20:23

It makes Heralds on juggernauts pretty fast.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1500 against new deamons codex   1500 against new deamons codex I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13 2013, 07:06

it makes juggies stupidly fast...
Back to top Go down
tyler008
Slave
tyler008

PostSubject: Re: 1500 against new deamons codex   1500 against new deamons codex I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13 2013, 20:52

great post. i have a friend who owns a daemon army. i hope i do as well as u when i fight him next Smile
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: 1500 against new deamons codex   1500 against new deamons codex I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13 2013, 23:02

on the topic of juggies: A shame that a basic ML or DL can insta-death them now. With a herald though you could at least try to tank a few hits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 against new deamons codex   1500 against new deamons codex I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 against new deamons codex
Page 1 of 1