THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Are grotesques really that bad?

Go down 
+35
Sandy Death
Skyboard surfer
tlronin
craigyy
Tony Spectacular
bklooste
Archon Farath Mure
rotforge
Crazy_Ivan
Vasara
Skulnbonz
Mushkilla
doomseer11b
False Son
Brom
darthken239
Jehoel
facelessabsalom
DominicJ
Kinnay
wanderingblade
Patzerwv
Shadows Revenge
Count Adhemar
Timatron
Evil Space Elves
Cavalier
Seshiru
Siticus the Ancient
mug7703
sgb69
Darklight
Azdrubael
Bouree777
that 9uy
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
SleepyPillow
Kabalite Warrior
SleepyPillow

Are grotesques really that bad? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are grotesques really that bad?   Are grotesques really that bad? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07 2013, 13:25

bklooste wrote:

The Avatar is I10 and has a lot of AP2 attacks
Since when do DE-players fear MC's? I never did. I would be pleased to shot a overpriced Avatar to pieces turn one.

bklooste wrote:

The Phoenix lords are nearly all I7 ( Ill is I6) and are imune to instant death , most have some sort of Ap2 or > 6 stength 6 attacks.
Besides Karandras (who's just friggin expensive) all the Lords are overpriced and bad too. You did it plain wrong if they get into combat.
bklooste wrote:

Biggest issue is rending on all shurikens which means on a 6 to wounds its AP2.. Not so nice to put wounds on the archon then.. Even worse the S6 spam is still there so S6 shurican cannons which they have a lot of will instant kill you on a 6 to wound.

Can someone tell me the mathematical difference of S6 AP 2 and S6 AP5 shots against a armor value of 5? I honestly can't see one. S6+ shooting is what you always should use lookout sir! on expect under some special circumstances.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Are grotesques really that bad?   Are grotesques really that bad? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07 2013, 15:14

This is about the Archon with 4 Grots in a Raider... The attacks dont matter vs Grots they do matter versus an archon with a huskblade.

Back to top Go down
SleepyPillow
Kabalite Warrior
SleepyPillow

PostSubject: Re: Are grotesques really that bad?   Are grotesques really that bad? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07 2013, 15:55

Which part of "look out sir!" you didn't understand?

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Are grotesques really that bad?   Are grotesques really that bad? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07 2013, 18:45

Mech eldar are even more of a pain now but I wouldnt expect to see many phoenix lords outside of maybe karandras. Even then they are a poor imitation of archons IMO.

Avatar I feel is being under appreciated now with 2 melta shots and battle trance+fleet but obviously he sucks against us. Maybe good as an allied HQ though.

Back on grots again, losing their raider is the biggest concern. Otherwise 30" + EAS move means they shouldnt be anywhere near CQC threats to them. Again killing power is not their primary purpose, resilience and fire magnet is although they kill non marines just fine.
I love incubi as much as the next archon but all the latest cover ignoring and S6 weaponry that denies FNP sucks, especially vs tau when markers + iontide = dead incubi unit with no recourse. The above is my meta though pretty much devoid of marines, just the way I like it.

Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: Are grotesques really that bad?   Are grotesques really that bad? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08 2013, 06:25

Off topic a little but still pertaining to grots, what yall think of this? in a big battle, Urien, lelith and 3 grots????? Overall toughness 5 and it gives her all her pain tokens, so S4 hits FNP and fearless off the rip!!!! And she should definitely get where she's going. Been trying to find a way to get some use out of her.

Should be great against tau, trend I see is the fire warriors all being 6 inches apart. My grots shrug off almost all the shooting and just terrorize them. Played an 1850 battle, used grots as diversion to keep my venoms alive but they held up surprisingly well and wiped 3 10 man fire warrior squads in 3 turns. AMAZING!!!! I see this lelith combo being a little overkill, but may not be bad against better armored foe. May ensure we wipe units out on opponents turn instead of taking forever back and forth.

Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Are grotesques really that bad?   Are grotesques really that bad? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08 2013, 07:48

I'd say even Urien with a Grots is a bit overkill, throwing there Lelith is giving handicaping the rest of your army.

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Are grotesques really that bad?   Are grotesques really that bad? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08 2013, 08:35

If you want to make the grots more killy you can run the following.

3 Grots
1 Aberation, venom blade
2 Succubus, haywire, venom blade power axe
Raider

395pts

That gives you 18 T5 wounds, and either a load of venom blade attack, or a load of power axe attacks (for carving through marine units). The haywire is also handy. That being said I prefer keeping grot units cheap, their roll is to draw fire and be a reasonable melee threat, they are not a death star unit.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
ravenizer
Hellion
ravenizer

PostSubject: Re: Are grotesques really that bad?   Are grotesques really that bad? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2013, 19:47

I have realy high temptation of running archon with huskblade with grots , and abberation with flesh gauntlet + homun. Pretty expansive though.
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: Are grotesques really that bad?   Are grotesques really that bad? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2013, 20:04

I personally don't like the flesh gauntlet, but an archon with grots is hilariously fun, I used them a couple days ago and they killed two leman russes and probably 30+ guardsmen in CC and they were still alive end of the game...archon never even took a saving throw Twisted Evil 

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are grotesques really that bad?   Are grotesques really that bad? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are grotesques really that bad?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5