THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Children of Bone Coven.. (idea help needed)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Xenock Genesis
Slave
Xenock Genesis

Children of Bone Coven.. (idea help needed) Empty
PostSubject: Children of Bone Coven.. (idea help needed)   Children of Bone Coven.. (idea help needed) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2011, 06:12

Ok, so I'm about to start a Haemonculi Coven, and I was reading through the codex, and in the timeline I got highly inspired.

I'd quote the passage from the book.. but I don't wanna get in trouble, so the passage in the timeline is on page 23, top left: Desperations End. I've seen nothing elsewhere in the book, not even a coven symbol in the back of the book.

Ok, so I've recently gotten back into the game, and I've done more conversions now than I ever did. So when I read this passage it sparked something in me. Probably more than one spark, but I need peoples help none the less..

First off, I'm trying to think of a good symbol for the coven. My first idea was basically a variant of the Cryx symbol from warmachine. As the coven symbols are often round so it might work. But also, now that I look at both the symbol, and the other coven designs, they are lines only, not solid shapes.. And I asked my father as he is a fellow artist (not a wargamer), and he came up with a profile view of a vertabrae. It does look rather nice, can be done easily in a circle, and can easily be just a few lines.

So basically I'm just trying to figure out what to use for a coven symbol..

So thats all I'm looking for unless you want to give me ideas to make a giant grotesque aka Walking Talos, or some such... But thats not a priority at the moment. Sorry for all the reading. I'll consider making a fluffy backround once I get the symbol designed.. As that will be used on the models, fluff won't..
Back to top Go down
Sedarofe
Hellion
Sedarofe

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bone Coven.. (idea help needed)   Children of Bone Coven.. (idea help needed) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2011, 09:10

Well, you seem to have a good start. Presuming I don't get Ninja-ed this late, the Cryx symbol is a good start (oddly it reminds me of Slivers from my days in Magic The Gathering..) Perhaps you can have your minions with pale skin have a black tattoo simplifying the symbol on them.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bone Coven.. (idea help needed)   Children of Bone Coven.. (idea help needed) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21 2011, 15:47

I don't know what the symbol looks like. I don't like fantasy themed games outside of Pathfinder. That said, I'd keep the symbol simple as most of the coven symbols are nowhere near the complexity of Cult or Kabal sigils.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bone Coven.. (idea help needed)   Children of Bone Coven.. (idea help needed) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23 2017, 15:59

Did you ever choose a symbol? I'm thinking about designing a haemonculi who is from this coven. If you did, and youre okay with it, I would use it with an added bit to represent my hammys signature
Edit: I went ahead and published my Haemonculi's story. I like the idea of using an established kabal, and itd be cool if we built up a lore-less coven with both our coven's lores, but if you feel that I'm infringing on your covens uniqueness, I dont mind changing Ophidiak's coven, it doesn't effect the story much. I just like the idea of bones sticking out of all my creations

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bone Coven.. (idea help needed)   Children of Bone Coven.. (idea help needed) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Children of Bone Coven.. (idea help needed)
Page 1 of 1