THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Bone Flavored Paint Scheme

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheKneesofRaj
Slave
TheKneesofRaj

Bone Flavored Paint Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Bone Flavored Paint Scheme   Bone Flavored Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2019, 16:41

Hey all,

New to the forum and Dark Eldar. Trying to come up with a unique paint scheme. Did some searching for inspiration and found this:

Bone Flavored Paint Scheme 36b90310

The Bone colored armor seems like it wouldn't be too hard to replicate on infantry. Probably:
Base: Zandri Dust, Shade: Seraphim Sepia, Layer: Ushabti Bone and a Edge Highlight of Screaming Skull.

Under-suit and weapon also seems simple enough.

I'm unsure what colors were used on the tabard (skin) as well as the other details/eyes. It looks like turquoise or teal.

For Vehicles I was actually considering switching the primary/secondary colors with the main panals being either black or a very dark blue with light blue/teal/turquoise highlights on the extreme edges and bone being used for the sails or other parts.

Question to the forum...how do you guys think this scheme would look army wide? What are your opinions on the colors used/how I intend to recreate them? I'm hoping that this will not obscure the detail on elite characters/infantry.
Back to top Go down
Serpent Fly
Hellion
Serpent Fly

PostSubject: Re: Bone Flavored Paint Scheme   Bone Flavored Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21 2019, 10:10

I really like this scheme. I think light colours can make for striking DE. I'm not the best painter, but I think your plan for the colours sounds good. I would say the tabard/details in the pic is painted temple guard blue. I found Kabalites are a good base to test the scheme on, and if you are happy with it on them then your characters should look good too.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Bone Flavored Paint Scheme   Bone Flavored Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21 2019, 11:09

I think the tabbard in my estimation might be shades of Lothern Blue.
Army wide, I think its a good look. THe bone armour csan probably be replicated easier if you start with a base of Tallarn Sand, and work up your shading adding in Screaming Skull.
It looks to me like a brownish wash was also used for dark areas under edges.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
shadoweyed
Slave
shadoweyed

PostSubject: Re: Bone Flavored Paint Scheme   Bone Flavored Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29 2019, 17:31

I'm doing a similar scheme for armor at least. Going with the Bone coloring does lend itself to making any other color paired with it pop more, and bone colored vehicles look pretty good and imposing.
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Bone Flavored Paint Scheme   Bone Flavored Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18 2019, 13:33

It would look great on an army, and the bone takes ink so well - I think it would work really well on our interlocking armoured plates.

As someone who has picked out the undersuit in a different colour to the armour, I will caution that it can start to be a PITA to paint by model 50 or 60! Smile Looks cool though ... that’s the choice I suppose

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bone Flavored Paint Scheme   Bone Flavored Paint Scheme I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bone Flavored Paint Scheme
Page 1 of 1