THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What was your first army?

Go down 
+84
Silverglade
Obyiscus
Sand Viper
Sorin
CheZZoR
Finn
Blutvogt
Herbert West
shadowseercB
Khain mor
Tyrant Lord 73
SebastionSynn
darthken239
redwulfe
Archon Darkanis
average joe
Mngwa
THeWigglyNoodle
Hess
alexwellace
Abyss
Painbiro
Rip
mot666
Levitas
Massaen
lonewolf
Torpedo Vegas
Captain Mayhem
Winternacht
Cavash
MasterofPuppets
TjurigRymdalv
thetyrant
Kieran Venoxis
Ebonhart
Svartalf
Archon Zarkalus
Kesharq
DarkKokabel
Darklight
kenny3760
ColoredBanana
speedfreek
Lazarus
Father Dagon
Raneth
Thor665
Lightcavalier
Phototoxin
KnightSeerValkia
Hekate
Cailos
Mr Believer
Nepenthe
The Tax Man
Crisis_Vyper
Evil Space Elves
Dr. Thodt
ivaldir
SirTainly
Judgex83
J Mc
abjectus
stinger989
Anggul
Archon
wildboar
Venkh
Foo
Saintspirit
Urien_Rakarth
vharing
Asrodrig
Keravin
Gobsmakked
Urien Rakarth
Radium
WeeDawgNYC
Rangrok1k
rider
Xelkireth
Local_Ork
Sky Serpent
88 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Which army did you begin 40k with?
Chaos
What was your first army? - Page 4 Voteba1310%What was your first army? - Page 4 Voteba15
 10% [ 18 ]
Dark Eldar
What was your first army? - Page 4 Voteba1322%What was your first army? - Page 4 Voteba15
 22% [ 38 ]
Eldar
What was your first army? - Page 4 Voteba1313%What was your first army? - Page 4 Voteba15
 13% [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
What was your first army? - Page 4 Voteba135%What was your first army? - Page 4 Voteba15
 5% [ 9 ]
Necrons
What was your first army? - Page 4 Voteba132%What was your first army? - Page 4 Voteba15
 2% [ 3 ]
Orks
What was your first army? - Page 4 Voteba139%What was your first army? - Page 4 Voteba15
 9% [ 16 ]
Sisters Of Battle
What was your first army? - Page 4 Voteba131%What was your first army? - Page 4 Voteba15
 1% [ 1 ]
Space Marines*
What was your first army? - Page 4 Voteba1326%What was your first army? - Page 4 Voteba15
 26% [ 45 ]
Tau Empire
What was your first army? - Page 4 Voteba135%What was your first army? - Page 4 Voteba15
 5% [ 9 ]
Tyranids
What was your first army? - Page 4 Voteba137%What was your first army? - Page 4 Voteba15
 7% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 174

AuthorMessage
Khain mor
Sybarite
Khain mor

What was your first army? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2013, 19:21

Started with Eldar, Dark Eldar came out very soon after and I had to start an army (talking about the first edition btw) . Next army was tyranids, the huge masses of insects was too awesome to resist. Next came the Tau, a fun race, cool new xenos, I couldn't resist the masses of battle suits, being a gundam of japanese mecha and I love xenos anyway. Anytihng not human is cool, human sucks. last came necrons when they got a first real codex, it was more the fluff than the models that forced me into the army. The army iself was fast to build and paint, so why not.

Dark eldar are my primary army, eldar second. I prefer the freedom from the dark eldar, I've always prefered the dark side anyway.

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.
The Biggest Dark Eldar Apocalypse force you'll find on the net.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 19:19

I started a year ago, was called a fool or ignorant for starting DE first because of the high learning curve. Yeah players are rude. But even in my ignorance im so happy I chose it.
Been reading Eldar and SM lore for years. When I was studying a new army I decided to go bad cause I never play as the bad guy in videogames and I read this army is assault based so I took a chance.

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
Herbert West
Kabalite Warrior
Herbert West

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13 2013, 12:34

I started with chaos marines. first contact in 2001, really started in 2009. In 2001, i founded a game  called Demonworld that was a lot cheaper, and had better rules (my point of vue...).

then DE, orks, and sisters (got also some renegade IG and tyrannids, but i have no time for 'em right now)

What was your first army? - Page 4 000311
Back to top Go down
Blutvogt
Hellion
Blutvogt

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14 2013, 07:38

Orcs, 2nd edition, they were in the starter box back then.
Back to top Go down
Finn
Kabalite Warrior
Finn

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03 2013, 09:54

I started with Dark Angels and kept playing them for several years before I finally grew tired of being a punchbag literally for everyone. Damn you Jervis, even stubborn ones finally fail the Ld test.

And bless you too, as you made my decision to start a DE army even easier when the new model range came out. I wanted to have a DE army before, but the ugliness of the models repelled me.

Then, after the new Tau codex hit the shelves, I read it at the store and was surprised to discover that they fit my playstyle really well. I had never had any previous experience with them and all I knew was they looked manga. Got a force, but now I never field them not to be rude to my opponents Smile

And, like 2 months before new Eldar hit the shelves, I started a small allied force for my DE and soon it turned into a full blown army Smile

CheZZoR
Slave

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03 2013, 11:05

I started playing with Dark Eldar back in 1998/1999 and i'm still playing with them. Never had another army.
Back to top Go down
Sorin
Slave

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09 2013, 23:41

Chaos. Black Legion specifically
Back to top Go down
Sand Viper
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18 2013, 21:51

Space Marines for me. My much loved "Light Bringers" DIY chapter.
Back to top Go down
Obyiscus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26 2013, 20:41

I started with the mighty Space Wolves. I was about to start a vanilla marine chapter when a GW staff explained that I could have Space Marines on giant wolves. How could I say no (especially since I was coming form LOTR and had loved my wargs and warg riders.
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27 2013, 00:47

I put imperial guard, but actually it was squats!  that's right.  Space Dwarfs!  Way back in the late eighties in the Rogue Trader days.  (good times).
Back to top Go down
fuhrmaaj
Kabalite Warrior
fuhrmaaj

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27 2013, 03:41

I voted Eldar but I first bought and painted Iron Hands Chaos Space Marines. I had 10 CSMs, 12 Zerks and a Chaos Lord. I played them for a month or so before deciding that they weren't for me and bought my Eldar which I have played for over a decade.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27 2013, 05:22

its nice to see a craftworld joining the dark side of the Eldar! Anyways, mine were definetly Dark Eldar (although it would've been squats if they were still out)
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27 2013, 07:40

Space Marines! I'm surprised they have not dominated the poll. I smell lies Wink

Poor guy/girl who stands alone with SoB as first army :p

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28 2013, 00:35

I love the sisters, I would've died to play them first (didn't have the money for them first so I chose the Dakka Eldar) and now... I CAN'T DECIDE BETWEEN SISTERS OR NYDS AS MY SECOND
Back to top Go down
LSK
Kabalite Warrior
LSK

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28 2013, 00:51

I began with with Chaos SM (World Eaters + some Black Legion) when WH40k (2nd ed) was released in french in the mid 90s ... Then I disappeared in the warp during 15 years without playing.
Tonight my Reavers baldevaned a Daemon Prince to death. What a cruel dilemma for an ancient chaos worshipper like me Smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What was your first army?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4