THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

dracon/sybarite. are they worth it?

Go down 
+3
Shadows Revenge
Mushkilla
that 9uy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
that 9uy
Hellion

dracon/sybarite. are they worth it? Empty
PostSubject: dracon/sybarite. are they worth it?   dracon/sybarite. are they worth it? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 17:43

So is there ever a time when it is worth it to take a dracon or sybarite?
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: dracon/sybarite. are they worth it?   dracon/sybarite. are they worth it? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 17:46

Not really. The only time I would, would be to grant LD9 to a large blob of twenty warriors, otherwise I just don't see it being worth while.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: dracon/sybarite. are they worth it?   dracon/sybarite. are they worth it? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 17:48

there is something to say to 5 blasters in a squad... sadly that one is overpriced and only 6" range... so no. In 20 warriors though like Mush said it would be nice to have LD9 and a close combat weapon other than say... the duke who you are most likely putting in there

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: dracon/sybarite. are they worth it?   dracon/sybarite. are they worth it? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 19:14

In a word, no.
If, for some reason, you want an archon/trueborn close combat unit, then yes, they make sense, but they are a bad choice for a worse one

AvInNebr
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: dracon/sybarite. are they worth it?   dracon/sybarite. are they worth it? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 20:23

One thing I'm a bit confused on, those are considered characters correct? The book says something like (and I don't have it here so forgive me) the space marine sergeant upgrade is then a character ... and then it also states that characters (not just ICs) have precision strike/shot. I know that is a very, very minor thing and likely not worth the points cost of an upgrade but having that advantage is something to consider when taking those upgrades ... unless of course I'm wrong in them being considered characters. I'd love clarification if I am wrong or right either way...
Back to top Go down
pantofful
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: dracon/sybarite. are they worth it?   dracon/sybarite. are they worth it? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 21:31

they are, but if you're warriors or trueborn are in hand-to-hand with anything but the weakest combatants, that's not going to save you.
Back to top Go down
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

PostSubject: Re: dracon/sybarite. are they worth it?   dracon/sybarite. are they worth it? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 21:48

Part of it is wishful thinking. Do you ever want your kabalites in melee? No? Then why assume they'll end up there?

They are characters, so precision shot is a thing, but most people don't think that giving a Sybarite a Splinter Cannon is kosher.

Mostly Sybarites make alright challenge monkies or leadership buffs to large squads as has been mentioned above.

I think an argument can be made for the Dracon as a clean-up character. That is, as a character meant to assault into squads of 2-3 marines. Possibly with an offbeat choice like shredderborn.

PostSubject: Re: dracon/sybarite. are they worth it?   dracon/sybarite. are they worth it? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dracon/sybarite. are they worth it?
Page 1 of 1