THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics Empty
PostSubject: grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics   grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13 2013, 13:52

hi guys, gonna start work on some grotesques at some point, but i really hate the GW models and finecast is a big turn off too.
i was looking at the crypt horror kit as a base and using some of the cronos parts to sci-fi them up a bit, but i'm not sure what base size a grot should go on.
any ideas?
also, if you guys have done this before, any tips/tricks would be great. ta

Last edited by csjarrat on Tue Apr 23 2013, 10:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics   grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13 2013, 14:25

The Eye of Error has a great conversion made of them, here:
http://eyeoferror.blogspot.fi/2012/10/dark-eldar-grotesque-conversions.html

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Tangentical
Hellion
Tangentical

PostSubject: Re: grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics   grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13 2013, 15:32

Here is a link to my Rat Ogre based conversions, I think I put some chat on how I did them on this thread I didn't put on my project log here...

http://www.theindependentcharacters.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=4921&start=20

I found Crypt horrors a bit 'thin' but I carved the spine of one and moulded it into one Rat Ogre.

Talos spare parts are invaluable but some Ogre bits work well too as well as Rat Ogre bits.

Cheers

Chris

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics   grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13 2013, 18:12

These are pretty spectacular:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t6126-my-grotesques

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics   grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13 2013, 18:34

brilliant, thanks for those. i take it the official models are based on same size as termies? i'll need to order some so if you know the base size that'd be great. ta!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics   grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14 2013, 00:31

Yup, 40mm base size.

Back to top Go down
csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics   grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14 2013, 18:04

thanks for that mate, some good inspiration to work from in those links too
Back to top Go down
csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: now with WIP!   grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23 2013, 10:04

so i got round to building these guys!
i used the VC vargheist/crypt horror kit and bits from the talos kit. i think they look pretty good so far,
i've actually got a load more bits on these at the moment but my camera is shoddy (blackberry!) so i'll upload the next batch when painted.

the VC kit works really well with our bits. the limbs are about the right size and the unit champ even has little sockets that fit the vestigial arms and talos accessories perfectly!! the guy with all the limbs will be the aberration, and the guy with the talos tail is going to be the guy with the liquifier. the whole thing required only minor green-stuffing just to fill gaps really.

grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics 8674992662_b7d93cacce
grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics 8674986500_a43a0b05a3
grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics 8673881527_3d3f1c5af1
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics   grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23 2013, 14:14

NICE Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics   grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23 2013, 15:32

Nice I like it! Very feral looking Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics   grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

grotesque conversions: now WIP with pics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: