THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 assault oriented DE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brom
Wych

1500 assault oriented DE Empty
PostSubject: 1500 assault oriented DE   1500 assault oriented DE I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21 2013, 21:09

Greetings dark brethren. After a slew of games with my DE im starting to get some preferences for unit design and strategy, only now the new tau have joined the fight to further complicate things.

My environment is very xenos heavy with a smattering of meq, which I consider the perfect environment. Our boards are heavy on terrain with plenty of LoS blocking pieces. With that said I have 2 lists and im looking for some input before going on another gaming binge. My regular opponents include: orks, crons, nids, marines and now tau.

EDIT- list 1 updated

List 1:
HQ
archon, shadow field, huskblade, vb, drugs, hwg 145

ELITES
7 incubi, raider- sails 219
4 grotesques, liquifier, aberration- vb raider- sails 230

TROOPS
5 wyches, hwg, venom- 2 sc, night shields 135
5 wyches, hwg, venom- 2 sc, night shields 135
5 warriors, venom- 2 sc, night shields 120
5 warriors, venom- 2 sc, night shields 120
5 warriors 45

HS
ravager, night shields 115

TOTAL- 1494 (5 pts left, but for what?)

List 2:
HQ
archon, shadow field, huskblade, vb, drugs, hwg 145
haemonculus, liquifier 60

ELITES
7 incubi, raider- sails 219
3 grotesques, liquifier, raider- sails 180

TROOPS
7 wracks, liquifier, raider- dc 140
5 warriors, venom- 2 sc 110

HS
ravager, 105
ravager, 105
ravager, 105

TOTAL- 1499

In both lists the haemie confers FNP to the incubi before joining the grotesques along with the archon.

So the lists are basically identical with the major difference being night shields on the first plus klaivex with bloodstone (assault cover) vs losing 1 grote to squeeze 7 scoring wracks in a disi raider (anti infantry and assault unit in a pinch).

Thing is, when night shields are good, theyre fantastic. Its like having an I win button on your side, like imotekh or the dakka banner inside a venerable 4++ land raider etc. When people actually bring enough weaponry to defeat their range limiting they are less good.

I would be interested in any middle ground, such as im considering NS only on the ravagers to preserve AT and even encourage shots against my venoms with inherent FFs. I guess what im saying is...its almost there. Both assault units are in the ballpark of what I like, the number of venoms, ravagers and raiders is sufficient. Troops are lite so even a backfield holder on foot might not hurt (although thats what all the troops do heh). Thoughts?

Enough rambling, any and all comments appreciated including alternatives. Thanks, Brom.

Last edited by Brom on Fri Apr 26 2013, 20:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1500 assault oriented DE   1500 assault oriented DE I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22 2013, 16:59

the bloodstone doesnt give Incubi assault grenades, all it does is give them a flame template (which itself isnt bad... but) For that you need a Phantasm Grenade Launcher on your archon.

Personally I like the second list better due to the extra troop choice, but try it out and see how you like it.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1500 assault oriented DE   1500 assault oriented DE I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22 2013, 17:14

I guess I should have elaborated a bit, I'm aware of the lack of grenades but I wanted to test the incubi without archon to spread his killyness around since damage output isn't something incubi lack. The bloodstone is for softening units in cover to make up for no pgl a bit. Basically I'm finding incubi losses come from shooting/crash landings and the units I'm assaulting can't really threaten incubi effectively even if they strike first from cover. meanwhile the archon joining grotes brings tons of value and makes for a unit of 17 T5 fnp wounds with dual lg's and ap2 etc. Its rare that ill intentionally engage other hammer units, almost unheard of if they are in cover, but that's where the ap3 flamers come in.

Any more input guys? Is it worth buying one or two units of 3 wracks for30-60 pts just to have some extra troops around for the late game when their rides come to pick them up? Sure they won't do anything except score but from the opponents view its gotta feel like a waste to shoot a whole units firepower at 30 pts of t4 fnp gone to ground.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 assault oriented DE   1500 assault oriented DE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 assault oriented DE
Page 1 of 1