THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Chronos in a melee oriented army

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

Chronos in a melee oriented army Empty
PostSubject: Chronos in a melee oriented army   Chronos in a melee oriented army I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04 2017, 11:18

Hi there !

I was wondering, as Chronos allow nearby units to re-reroll wound, wouldn't it be great in a melee oriented army ?
Like a mix of Wyches, bloodbrides, incubes, reavers, hellions, with vehicules to provide AT and firepower.

Chronos applt his aura to all DE units (and not only kabal/wych cult/coven), it isn't as slow as before with 8", and can provide a decent Distraction Carnifex effect.

I'm pretty aware that he can't stay toe to toe with units in transports, but was more thinking about it peacefully mamking it's way through the battlefield around turn 3-4, adding precious wound re-rolls on top of PfP +1 to hit & Succubus 1's re-rerolls.

What do you guys think ?
Back to top Go down
csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Chronos in a melee oriented army   Chronos in a melee oriented army I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04 2017, 12:13

Its a problem of delivery really. Footslogging auras and mech don't work brilliantly easy. Should work in theory though
Back to top Go down
killedbydeath
Hellion
killedbydeath

PostSubject: Re: Chronos in a melee oriented army   Chronos in a melee oriented army I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04 2017, 12:50

Would be really good with incubi and wyches who has a hard time wounding tough thing's.
10 Incubi does about 30 attack and in turn 3+ hits on a 2+. But strength 4 only wounds on 4+ or 5+ against most things. Re-roll to wound would take they about 25 hits from 8,5 wounds against toughness 5 to 7 to 14 wounds.
That is the difference between a dead vehicle and a damage one most of the times.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Chronos in a melee oriented army   Chronos in a melee oriented army I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04 2017, 16:05

I'd give it a try as soon as I'll get my new case ^^ and let you guys know
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chronos in a melee oriented army   Chronos in a melee oriented army I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chronos in a melee oriented army
Page 1 of 1