THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 non turnament oriented list

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Azrael
Hellion
Lord Azrael

1500 non turnament oriented list Empty
PostSubject: 1500 non turnament oriented list   1500 non turnament oriented list I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 11:21

So,

the codex is out a few weeks, i saw a lot of batreps, read conclusions on the new dex and ideas how to play with it. Sadly I still hadn't the opportunity to test it myself. But as more I think about the options, the more I want to spend money on new stuff and try out.
So currently I have stuff for about 1000 points and plan to go up to 1500.

I don't quite like the competitive lists where u spam a half dozen venoms or have one choice over and over just to optimize the efficiency to the maximum. The guys I usually play against share the same thoughts about it but we play not casual at all . So a weaker list would be ripped apart.

The following list is what I plan so far
Quote :
Formation
Haemonkulus WWP, Cronos, Talos
Shocks right to the enemy to bring the pain

HQ
Archon, agonizer, shadowfield, soultrap
Court
1 Medusae, 3 Sslyth
+Raider, lance, nightfield, sails
Hunting party for infantry without 2+ sv

Elite
Inccubi, Klaivex
+Raider, lance, nightfield, sails
Hunting heavy infantry

Trueborn with blaster
+Venom, SC

Troops
10 Warriors
+Raider, racks, lance

10 Wyches, 3 Hydra Guntlets
+Raider
I know wyches got nerved a lot in this codex, at least they have their plasma grenades and can attack through cover.
Also, I dont quite like running 5 blank Warriors in Venom instead. 10 wyches feels more right fluff-wise. If you have any nice idears here, feel free to comment Smile

Fast attack
6 Reaver, 2 Caltrops, 2 blaster
Still not sure how to run them. 2x3 with blaster as small hunting groups, 1x6 with caltropes for attacking or 1x6 with both..

Any thoughts about it? Any suggested changes?
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 1500 non turnament oriented list   1500 non turnament oriented list I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 11:40

Is this the 1000 or 1500 list?

I'll work my way down from the top of your list.
Formation - no comments

HQ - how many characters are you expecting to be able to challenge for the soultrap to kick in? I'd say those 10 points are some you can save.

Court - 1 medusa is fairly limited if you're facing marines (and if you're using the GW models, you get two heads - stick one on a warrior/wych body to get a second). I'd advise taking two as a minimum. Two medusae, 1 archon and 3 sslyth are still majority toughness 5.

Court Raider - if it's there purely as a lance option after the court arrive, the night shield isn't necessary (jinking invalidates its worth as a lance platform against anything but flyers). If you plan on keeping the court on board, then fine.

Incubi - Again, if you're looking to shave points, the night shields aren't needed on the raider as you'll be getting off the transport with Incubi fairly early.

Trueborn - did you really mean just 1 blaster? If so, warriors do this much cheaper.

Warriors - here is where I would have night shields - you can jink the transport to your heart's content and it won't affect the passengers shooting.

Wyches - At least you realise they aren't going to do much. If you don't want to double up on gunboats or take warriors in a venom then sure, why not, just keep them away from flamers and charge them into the nastiest combat unit you can find in the hopes they'll bog them down.

Reavers - decent equipment - running them is personal preference, but just consider the following - losing 3 reavers from 6 does not wipe out the unit (and with careful placement, you could just lose 3 models without upgrades). This means that in kill point games you haven't given up any VPs. Conversely, 2 smaller units require 2 separate units to fire at them, tying up firepower from shooting at other stuff, and can target two different units in return. Debateable how effective 1 blaster or 1 set of caltrops would be though.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Lord Azrael
Hellion
Lord Azrael

PostSubject: Re: 1500 non turnament oriented list   1500 non turnament oriented list I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 12:14

Its 1496 points so far

Quote :
how many characters are you expecting to be able to challenge for the soultrap to kick in?
I don't expect any challenges to be happen with this soultrap. Its my way to tell enemy characters to take a time out, sit down and watch me slaughter his friends

Quote :
1 medusa is fairly limited if you're facing marines
true, if i had more points I would take probably one more. I took one here to have at least one template weapon in stock

Quote :
if it's there purely as a lance option after the court arrive, the night shield isn't necessary
Yea, thought about it. My idea was to raise the chance that the court/inccubi will arrive at the desired location. After they are delivered, the raider will focus on anti-tank.
Another way to do this could be spending the points in improved sails

Quote :
Trueborn - did you really mean just 1 blaster? If so, warriors do this much cheaper.
they have 4 blasters

Quote :
Warriors - here is where I would have night shields - you can jink the transport to your heart's content and it won't affect the passengers shooting.
Fluff got me here. If i had to choose one transporter in my army which I'll provide with nightshields - its the archons.
But I could move them from the Inccubi or the Archons raider

Quote :
Reavers - decent equipment - running them is personal preference, but just consider the following - losing 3 reavers from 6 does not wipe out the unit (and with careful placement, you could just lose 3 models without upgrades). This means that in kill point games you haven't given up any VPs. Conversely, 2 smaller units require 2 separate units to fire at them, tying up firepower from shooting at other stuff, and can target two different units in return. Debateable how effective 1 blaster or 1 set of caltrops would be though.
This where the same thoughts I had about them, although I wouldn't run them with only one caltrop. If caltrops I would at least take a unit of 6 with two caltrops.
On the other hand, a unit of 3 with only one blaster isn't the priority target of the opponent at all but could easily take objectives and get a hullpoint or lp of a enemy
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 1500 non turnament oriented list   1500 non turnament oriented list I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 12:30

soultrap and 1 set of nightshields gets you another medusa.

With nightshields I generally use the philosophy that if I'm going to have people on the transport throughout the game, I want the shields, if the transport is just to get them to a specific point (like delivery into assault for example) then I won't bother.

As regards the soultrap - I think what I'm trying to say is that at 1500 points, your Archon isn't likely to be facing many characters at all - possibly two over the game, one of which might very well be a sergeant. Add to that the likelihood that the character if he's a warlord will have either 2+ or 3++, it's not likely to be a game changer. an extra 4-6 hits from a medusa however could make a big difference.

i wouldn't bother with sails if you're going to use the wwp, similarly if you're going to deploy the archon's raider on the board a lot, then the WWP points are wasted.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Lord Azrael
Hellion
Lord Azrael

PostSubject: Re: 1500 non turnament oriented list   1500 non turnament oriented list I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 12:56

The WWP is for the Haemonkuli/Cronos/Talos Formation.
The Haemonkulus will join the painengines and shock right to te enemy.

The Archon will start the game deployed with his court on the table. And try to target mid infantry.
The Inccubi supposed to get the 2+ and the wytches light infantry.

I had the hope to face some nobs or SM/Imp seargents with the soultrap but another medusae would be nice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 non turnament oriented list   1500 non turnament oriented list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 non turnament oriented list
Page 1 of 1