THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

new 1000pts army

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Black Wolf
Slave

new 1000pts army Empty
PostSubject: new 1000pts army   new 1000pts army I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26 2013, 15:47

another list that I came up with. I dont want to start buying anything without confirm my list first. How does this look?

Succubus - Agoniser, HWG (90)

5 Kabal warriors - Blaster , Venom, splinter cannon (125)

5 Kabal warriors - Blaster , Venom, splinter cannon (125)

9 Wyches - HWG, Hekatrix, venom blade, PGL, raider (183)

10 wyches - HWG, Hekatrix, venom blade, PGL, raider (195)

Ravager - night shields (115)

(949)

Succubus joins the 9 wych team. both wyches charge up and gang together on targets or generally on one side of the army. preferable the harder side. the 2 venoms with the warriors will take the other side and pound the softer targets first as the wyches work their way to the other side.

Ravagers and raiders take out armour. the venoms can be redirected to take out armour too with the blasters.

I still have 51 points left over and honestly have no idea what to do with them. I was thinking of adding a 3 man reaver team but cant seem to find the points to do it. either this or I was thinking of changing the venom blades to agonisers as well to take care of the MEQ.

suggestions? will this list play ok?

thanks for viewing!!!
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

new 1000pts army Empty
PostSubject: Re: new 1000pts army   new 1000pts army I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26 2013, 16:12

I would lose the blasters from your warriors so you dont feel the urge to get within 18" for a single shot. This will also free them up to sit back in cover which is where mine usually reside until most of the killing has been done.

I would also make both wyche squads 8 strong. The extra bodies wont matter that much due to explodes doing equal damage across all unit sizes. Really you just want to deliver HWGs and the hekatrix.

Anyway these changes along with your 51 pts is just enough for a 3rd ravager with NS which will take pressure off your wyches to perform AT duty.
Also I absolutely love NS but im not sure how it will work if you only put them on 3 skimmers. I suppose it further protects your valuable anti tank but might just result in those venoms going down quicker...idk. If you do drop the NS you could upgrade those venom blades to agonizers... in this instance id say its probably worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

new 1000pts army Empty
PostSubject: Re: new 1000pts army   new 1000pts army I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26 2013, 16:45

The question that leaps to my mind is what are you expecting those 5 man kabalite squads to do? - if it is AT then a Trueborn blaster squad will serve you better.

Personally I'd like a squad of (at least) 3 Reavers with a blaster or heat lance instead of the 2nd Wych squad but that is personal preference.

But in truth it looks pretty solid to my untrained eye.

Slave

new 1000pts army Empty
PostSubject: Re: new 1000pts army   new 1000pts army I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27 2013, 08:30

thanks for the suggestions ! appreciate it.

I took ideas from both your suggestions and changed the list.

@skyboard warrior the plan for the 5 man kabalite squads was anti infantry and the blasters were like just for the option like if there was an opportunity but I agree seems a bit of a waste. changed it in the new list

heres the new list. how does it look?

5 Kabal warriors - Venom, splinter cannon, NS (120)

9 Wyches - HWG, Hekatrix, agoniser, 2 shardnet and impaler, PGL, raider, NS ( 220)

Ravager - NS (115)

Ravager - NS ( 115)

Ravager - NS (115)

3 reavers - blaster, caltrops (101)

(996)

the reavers can do both anti tank and anti infantry this way. a little small but its 1000 so hopefully they will suffice.

I prefer this list too. lighter on my wallet by a little hahaha.

is this list better?
Back to top Go down
Black Wolf
Slave

new 1000pts army Empty
PostSubject: Re: new 1000pts army   new 1000pts army I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28 2013, 05:10

another variation. starting to like this one more actually

9 Wyches - HWG, Hekatrix, venom blade, PGL, raider, NS (193)

10 wyches - HWG, Hekatrix, venom blade, PGL, raider, NS (205)

6 reavers - 2 blasters, (162)

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

new 1000pts army Empty
PostSubject: Re: new 1000pts army   new 1000pts army I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28 2013, 06:54

Base wyches aren't very good at killing in CC. Even when you throw a hek in with venom blade, they don't really fair well even against MEQ. I would probably shuffle things around a bit, possibly dropping some models from the wyches in order to upgrade to Agonizers on the Hekatrices to give them some bite in CC. It at least makes them able to defeat Tac Marines in a few rounds of CC.

On your previously posted list, I think I like that one better, with a couple minor alterations:

1, drop the HWG from the succubus. You already have 9 models who get them cheaper in the unit you're placing her with.
2, I'd choose between the blaster or the caltrops on the reavers. If you're shooting, you're not bladevaning, and vice versa, so one of them is going to be wasted. One configuration I like with reavers is 1 heat lance, an arena champion w/agonizer. This lets you destroy transports, then charge the units that disembark with some punch.

This clears up enough points to throw some flickerfields on your vehicles. NS is nice sometimes, but having an invuln save on your flying cardboard box is always helpful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new 1000pts army Empty
PostSubject: Re: new 1000pts army   new 1000pts army I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new 1000pts army
Page 1 of 1