THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Scything Tempest

Go down 
+6
Khain mor
Drev
Power Hungry Monkey
Lord_Alino
Evil Space Elves
Tyrant Lord 73
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyrant Lord 73
Hellion
Tyrant Lord 73

Kabal of the Scything Tempest Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Scything Tempest   Kabal of the Scything Tempest I_icon_minitimeSun May 05 2013, 17:39

So with my exams finished and summer free of uni work I decided what better time to begin a project log. I am not the worlds fastest or most dedicated painter and with a 1250 point tournament less than 2 months away I really need some motivation to get some painting done.

I am hoping this will keep me on track with the hobby side of stuff and I'm also hoping to post some batreps of my practice games, and generally any games, which I intend to link here as well.

Here is a link to the army I'm considering taking to the tournament at the moment http://www.thedarkcity.net/t6212-1250pts-for-conflict-scotland

So without further ado some pics of my minions so far:

A Sybarite
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Img_0411

The Conflict Raiding force
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Img_0413

My Ravagers:
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Img_0414

Kabalites
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Img_0415

Incubi and Archon (currently with no arms!)
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Img_0416

Reavers (got them off ebay for about half the cost they should be but they need a repaint)
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Img_0418

Aaaand 3 venoms with their respective warrior/truborn squads
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Img_0417
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Img_0419
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Img_0420

Apologies for the picture quality I'll try and get better ones as I paint stuff!

So the army will probably have changed drastically by the time I go to the tournament but for now this is what I intend to paint over the next two months. Beyond that there are a lot more dark kin in need of being built and painted that I hope to share here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scything Tempest   Kabal of the Scything Tempest I_icon_minitimeSun May 05 2013, 17:49

Congratulations both on completing exams/school for the summer AND starting a very promising army Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scything Tempest   Kabal of the Scything Tempest I_icon_minitimeMon May 06 2013, 05:55

i hug you sir, now all that is left is a fortress of redemption, custom dark eldar one? lol.
Back to top Go down
Power Hungry Monkey
Hellion
Power Hungry Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scything Tempest   Kabal of the Scything Tempest I_icon_minitimeMon May 06 2013, 11:26

Nice looking army, Personally I think you should keep the Reavers as they are, the purple goes well with the blue of your army. Plus it helps them to stand out as Cult units rather then Kabal units. If you add Wyches it would be cool to do them in the same purple
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lord 73
Hellion
Tyrant Lord 73

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scything Tempest   Kabal of the Scything Tempest I_icon_minitimeTue May 07 2013, 01:15

Thanks for the comments guys, it's good to know people are interested Smile

Power Hungry Monkey wrote:
Nice looking army, Personally I think you should keep the Reavers as they are, the purple goes well with the blue of your army. Plus it helps them to stand out as Cult units rather then Kabal units. If you add Wyches it would be cool to do them in the same purple

Hmm an interesting thought, definitely something to keep in mind.

Just a quick update tonight due to a slow day. Got the first few layers of blue on some kabalites
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Image11
And started work on a reaver conversion:
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Img_0421
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Img_0422
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Img_0510
as you can see (hopefully) the reaver is bisecting the unfortunate space puppy with his bladevane. The top of the body does not have a definite position yet so and thoughts or ideas are welcome.

Last edited by Tyrant Lord 73 on Wed May 08 2013, 10:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drev
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scything Tempest   Kabal of the Scything Tempest I_icon_minitimeTue May 07 2013, 17:39

These look good. the warriors have a little Tron feel, which is not a bad thing. I really like the reaver/bladevane model. That face just fits perfectly. You could just leave the top as is, a few nanoseconds from the completion of the cutting pass, or have it just beginning to tumble. In either case I wouldn't move it much.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scything Tempest   Kabal of the Scything Tempest I_icon_minitimeTue May 07 2013, 22:27

Those are extremely good models so far, and the reaver model is going to be amazing from what i can see, sucks to be that puppy
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lord 73
Hellion
Tyrant Lord 73

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scything Tempest   Kabal of the Scything Tempest I_icon_minitimeWed May 08 2013, 01:27

Thanks guys I appreciate the comments Smile

Drev wrote:
You could just leave the top as is, a few nanoseconds from the completion of the cutting pass, or have it just beginning to tumble. In either case I wouldn't move it much.

Yeah that's pretty much what I had in mind but its good to know that someone else thinks it would look good.

Anywho didn't get any hobby done today but I did manage to get a game in so I'm gonna have a play with battle chronicler tomorrow and hopefully post up a batrep, which I'll post a link to here for those who are interested.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lord 73
Hellion
Tyrant Lord 73

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scything Tempest   Kabal of the Scything Tempest I_icon_minitimeSat May 11 2013, 18:58

So here is a link to my first batrep as promisedClicky

Also a progress update. Warriors are done and I think I'm going to try my hand at some Reavers next. I was thinking of doing the Reavers purple (as Power Hungry Monkey suggested) but was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to tie them in with the blue of my kabal?

Anyway here are the finished warriors:
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Image12
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lord 73
Hellion
Tyrant Lord 73

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scything Tempest   Kabal of the Scything Tempest I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2013, 00:07

Another quick update, started my first three Reavers. Hopefully I'll get a chance to finish the bikes tomorrow and then I'll start on the riders. I was thinking about ice blue markings on the bikes to link then to the blue color of my kabalites. Here are the bikes so far:
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Image13
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Image14
Back to top Go down
Khain mor
Sybarite
Khain mor

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scything Tempest   Kabal of the Scything Tempest I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2013, 05:06

Very nice clean painting. A full army painted like this should look pretty awesome. Looking forward to more updates.

A suggestion though: I feel something missing, maybe some freehand, not sure what. Don't know why, but I feel like the eyes would have looked better in oragen or somrething. I hope you do some freehand on those reavers, looking at your skills, i'm sure you can pull it off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
Tyrant Lord 73
Hellion
Tyrant Lord 73

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scything Tempest   Kabal of the Scything Tempest I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2013, 10:00

Khain mor wrote:
Very nice clean painting. A full army painted like this should look pretty awesome. Looking forward to more updates.

A suggestion though: I feel something missing, maybe some freehand, not sure what. Don't know why, but I feel like the eyes would have looked better in oragen or somrething. I hope you do some freehand on those reavers, looking at your skills, i'm sure you can pull it off.
Thanks man I'm glad you like them. I was really wanting to get some freehand work done on the Reavers, maybe in a blue colour, and the scale it up and do some on my raiders and Ravagers. I'm a bit nervous though as I've never tried any freehand before!
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lord 73
Hellion
Tyrant Lord 73

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scything Tempest   Kabal of the Scything Tempest I_icon_minitimeTue May 14 2013, 23:40

Not got much done today but I managed to have a play around with some freehand on the Reavers that I got off eBay. I'm quite happy with the results but I'll let you guys judge for yourselves:
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Image15
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Image16
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Image17
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Image18
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Image19
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Image20

Anything that could be improved or added?
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lord 73
Hellion
Tyrant Lord 73

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scything Tempest   Kabal of the Scything Tempest I_icon_minitimeWed May 15 2013, 00:10

Oops double post!

Last edited by Tyrant Lord 73 on Sat May 18 2013, 00:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scything Tempest   Kabal of the Scything Tempest I_icon_minitimeWed May 15 2013, 00:41

Great looking army! It's always so cool to see a large force painted in a single colour scheme. I quite like the patterns on the Reaver jetbikes, too!
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scything Tempest   Kabal of the Scything Tempest I_icon_minitimeWed May 15 2013, 02:42

Looking good! Great color scheme and great paint jobs. Very alien, very villainous. Reminds of the Tau army featured in last months WD bat-rep. Great job looking forward to more!
Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scything Tempest   Kabal of the Scything Tempest I_icon_minitimeWed May 15 2013, 10:02

Idea for the space puppy torso: Paint the reaver blade and all then with hot glue slowly and a few layers, place torso on top or the layers, paint glue fresh blood red or just tint it red. Not much hot glue, not much more then card board thickness.
Back to top Go down
Power Hungry Monkey
Hellion
Power Hungry Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scything Tempest   Kabal of the Scything Tempest I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 14:08

Really nice free-hand on the bikes. Great contrast and just enough to make them pop
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lord 73
Hellion
Tyrant Lord 73

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scything Tempest   Kabal of the Scything Tempest I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 14:42

@Siticus & Cavalier: thanks guys!

@ravengoescaw: I'll keep that in mind if I can find a glue gun.

@Power Hungry Monkey: thanks man I think they look even better as a unit, I'll try and get some pics up of them all at some point!
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lord 73
Hellion
Tyrant Lord 73

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scything Tempest   Kabal of the Scything Tempest I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2013, 00:46

Spent most of the afternoon at my local GW today and got the bikes and my archon pretty much finished. Started on the riders and will hopefully have them finished soon. After that I'm going to finish up both my Ravagers so stay tuned Smile
Here are he finished bikes:
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Image21
And Archon Su'Drrac, Tyrant of the Corespur:
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Image22

Not the best pics ever, I'll try and get some better ones up tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lord 73
Hellion
Tyrant Lord 73

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scything Tempest   Kabal of the Scything Tempest I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2013, 23:32

Quick update this evening, finished building the last of my Reavers. Here are my two Arena champions:
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Image23
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Image24

And my conversion:

Kabal of the Scything Tempest Image25
Kabal of the Scything Tempest Image26

I'm particularly proud of how this turned out Smile
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lord 73
Hellion
Tyrant Lord 73

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scything Tempest   Kabal of the Scything Tempest I_icon_minitimeMon May 20 2013, 21:55

Reavers done:

Kabal of the Scything Tempest Image27

Only 6 more to go!
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scything Tempest   Kabal of the Scything Tempest I_icon_minitimeTue May 21 2013, 08:32

Great highlighting, and the first AC looks really good too - looking forward to seeing her painted!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scything Tempest   Kabal of the Scything Tempest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Scything Tempest
Page 1 of 1