THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Razored Tempest (2000 pt list)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

Kabal of the Razored Tempest (2000 pt list) Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Razored Tempest (2000 pt list)   Kabal of the Razored Tempest (2000 pt list) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 20:17

The is my current 2000 pt list that I'm playing with. Since I'm still in the process of replacing old models with new models, this is my current guide for priority in assembling/painting new models (I'm still playing games using mostly old models.. and then replacing each unit one by one as I paint them).

After losing warrior squads to failed morale checks too many times, I decided to give my raider squads sybarites for the enhanced leadership. The foot warrior squad is mainly there to sit on a home objective and/or draw fire while other units get into position. The haemis, of course, go with the wracks and wyches.

HQ (130 pts)
1) Haemonculus - Liquifier Gun, Venom Blade
Haemonculus - Liquifier Gun, Venom Blade

TROOPS (923 pts)
1) Warriors x10 - Splinter Cannon, Blaster, Sybarite upgrade
in Raider - Flickerfield

2) Warriors x10 - Splinter Cannon, Blaster, Sybarite upgrade
in Raider - Flickerfield

3) Warriors x10 - Dark Lance

4) Wyches x9 - Haywire Grenades, Hydra Gauntlet, Hekatrix w/ Agonizer
in Raider - Flickerfield

5) Wracks x9 - Liquifier Gun, Acothyst w/ Agonizer
in Raider - Flickerfield

ELITES (362 pts)
1) Kabalite Trueborn x 4 - Blaster x4, Haywire Grenades
in Venom - additional Splinter Cannon

2) Kabalite Trueborn x 4 - Blaster x4, Haywire Grenades, Plasma Grenades (had a few points leftover that I couldn't use elsewhere, so I put them here)

HEAVY (425 pts)
1) Ravager - Night Shield, Flickerfield

2) Ravager - Night Shield, Flickerfield

3) Razorwing - Splinter Cannon, Night Shield, Flickerfield

FAST (156 pts)

1) Reaver Jetbikes x6 - Heat Lancex2

TOTAL: 2000 pts
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Razored Tempest (2000 pt list)   Kabal of the Razored Tempest (2000 pt list) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 21:39

Take all the grenades off the TB units. They should never need to use either. Same w/ venom blades on the haemies.

I find both NS and FF to be a bit costly. Pick one and go with it.

Those points saved will get you a bare bones raider for your back field squad. This will add a more modile lance as well as being able to provide tranportation for that sqaud until you get them where you want them (or you could just ditch the lance for another blaster/cannon squad)

I personally dont like the wychs weapons in normal wych units. I dont find them add enough umpf. This could get you a SL for the last warrior unit or FF/NS on the new raider.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Razored Tempest (2000 pt list)   Kabal of the Razored Tempest (2000 pt list) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 22:42

list looks ok, but the one thing I would think about is spliting up the squad of reavers into two squads of 3. From experience reavers work better in pairs as they can harrasing an opponent in two places at once. They arent a major threat, but after you pop that first tank, your opponent is going to be split between hitting them or your front line. Either 3 or 6 they are still going to die (while taking a ton of shots with them) but atleast then with one gone, you always have enough to keep messing around with your opponent Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Razored Tempest (2000 pt list)   Kabal of the Razored Tempest (2000 pt list) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2011, 23:20

Baron Tordeck wrote:
Take all the grenades off the TB units. They should never need to use either. Same w/ venom blades on the haemies.

I find both NS and FF to be a bit costly. Pick one and go with it.

Those points saved will get you a bare bones raider for your back field squad. This will add a more modile lance as well as being able to provide tranportation for that sqaud until you get them where you want them (or you could just ditch the lance for another blaster/cannon squad)

Putting haywires on trueborn did work out well in my last game (vs. IG) where a squad immobilized a Hydra through shooting, and then charged and finished it off with haywires. However, the use of haywires on trueborn is rather situationally dependent. I guess the same goes for Night Shields on the Heavy Support units (though they have occasionally been helpful, half the time I forget that they are there). I hadn't thought of just using the points to buy another raider - It would give me another darklight weapon, which is more likely to be more consistently useful. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Aniasis
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Razored Tempest (2000 pt list)   Kabal of the Razored Tempest (2000 pt list) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04 2011, 12:43

I might add some Grisly trophies on your raiders for the Witches just in case, as well as a small bubble to get those Leadership re-rolls.
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Razored Tempest (2000 pt list)   Kabal of the Razored Tempest (2000 pt list) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04 2011, 17:52

krayd wrote:

HQ (130 pts)
1) Haemonculus - Liquifier Gun, Venom Blade
Haemonculus - Liquifier Gun, Venom Blade
Lose the VBs, Haemys shouldn't see cc

krayd wrote:
TROOPS (923 pts)
1) Warriors x10 - Splinter Cannon, Blaster, Sybarite upgrade
in Raider - Flickerfield

2) Warriors x10 - Splinter Cannon, Blaster, Sybarite upgrade
in Raider - Flickerfield

3) Warriors x10 - Dark Lance
Nothing wrong with these. Although if you could free the points for a spare Raider like Tordeck suggested, that would be awesome.

krayd wrote:
4) Wyches x9 - Haywire Grenades, Hydra Gauntlet, Hekatrix w/ Agonizer
in Raider - Flickerfield
Really not digging the Hydra Gauntlets.

krayd wrote:
5) Wracks x9 - Liquifier Gun, Acothyst w/ Agonizer
in Raider - Flickerfield
Sweet.

krayd wrote:

ELITES (362 pts)
1) Kabalite Trueborn x 4 - Blaster x4, Haywire Grenades

2) Kabalite Trueborn x 4 - Blaster x4, Haywire Grenades, Plasma Grenades (had a few points leftover that I couldn't use elsewhere, so I put them here)
These guys don't need grenades. At their price, these guys should stick to opening cans from a distance. Also if you're really set on using Night Shields, the Venoms are screaming for 'em...

krayd wrote:

HEAVY (425 pts)
1) Ravager - Night Shield, Flickerfield

2) Ravager - Night Shield, Flickerfield

3) Razorwing - Splinter Cannon, Night Shield, Flickerfield

FAST (156 pts)

1) Reaver Jetbikes x6 - Heat Lancex2
...Whereas the Ravagers probably won't benefit much from them. The Razorwing needs all the help it can get so I won't advise against NS on that. Liking the Reavers, though you could just grab a 5-man Blaster warrior squad with Raider, accomplishing much the same but with Scoring.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Razored Tempest (2000 pt list)   Kabal of the Razored Tempest (2000 pt list) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Razored Tempest (2000 pt list)
Page 1 of 1